• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why you should read the description when shopping on Ebay, etc

• Thread starter Thread starter D-n-A
  • Start date Start date
D

D-n-A

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5814415846&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:CA:1

wow US $222.50   for the box nice, someone is going to be surprised when that shows up to there door with nothing inside

That is hilarious. Poor person, that isn't gonna be a funny surprise to them, but for sure to all those who hear about it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Notice how most of the bidders have barely bought anything

prime example of why i love free-enterprise !!

In your face comunism......

That is by far one of the most brutal things Ive seen, i mean what kind of gross stupidity (or perhaps laziness) does a person have that they don't read a description of an item their buying off the internet. Well actually the worst thing i saw was a "retired" aircraft carrier i believe it was on sale but the dutch, could be wrong about that but i think it was dutch, all weapon systems had been removed and it was advertised for 14 million $  personally i think it would make a nice hotel if you had the money to buy and then fix it up.  ;)

Thats freaking hilarious,

Funny thing Ive bought something off ebay and done just about the same thing. I bought a 32"LCD TV and a Pentium 4 laptop both for 25$ U.S each. I couldn't wait to get them.

3 weeks later I had UPS at the door only to receive 2 sheets of papers with wholesale suppliers for LCD TVs and laptops.

It helps to read the description first. I feel sorry for the bugger, Maybe its a nice box?

Take care.

in my other hobby  it is very  common to buy  empty  boxes and pay  a lot for them. I collect model trains and equipment. having the box the item came add real value to the model. haveing the box can add hundreds of dollars to the value something thousands of dollars. all depends on the item. empty  train boxes can go for a few bucks to 100s of dollars. so you never know.
  but i do not think that is the case here. that  buyer might want to read more carefully about what he or she is buying.

Man someone even asked about the shrink wrap.  lol.  $222 for a box is ridiculous.  Man why didn't I think of that.  lol.

A while back ( 1-2 years ago) I was selling empty beer cans on ebay specifaclly the Molson Canadian Bubba's with the different hockey team jersey's painted on them. On average I was getting about $30 - $35 USD for empty freakin beer cans, guess people collect all sorts of things. It was a great part-time job and I had plenty of willing helpers to assist in emptying the cans.

You'd be surprised what people buy on ebay.  You can get some stuff for dirty cheap if you have the patience to look for it too.  Many people tend to mis spell the stuff they are selling and are willing to take what ever they can get for the item. 

Odd though for a box...must mean something to them!  :-\

Elisha

thats hilarious i love the line that says "51 bids  (US $0.99 starting bid)"  how could 51 people get taken on this. just shows how stupid some people really are.

nolsssb2 ( 4 ) Retracted: US $200.00
Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: 05-Oct-05 19:38:55 EDT
Retracted: 06-Oct-05 09:34:43 EDT
calebchristie ( 58Feedback score is 50 to 99) Cancelled: US $160.00
Explanation: User didn't read item details, not serious about buying item. Bid: 06-Oct-05 14:50:42 EDT
Cancelled: 06-Oct-05 15:13:17 EDT
rowlandamos ( 50Feedback score is 50 to 99) Cancelled: US $166.00
Explanation: Bidder requested cancel, no reason given tho =/ Bid: 03-Oct-05 22:04:47 EDT
Cancelled: 06-Oct-05 13:38:08 EDT
silvertitan85 ( 4 ) Cancelled: US $195.00
Explanation: User requested cancel, was not serious about item. Bid: 03-Oct-05 18:43:39 EDT
Cancelled: 04-Oct-05 21:12:07 EDT
argus140_0 ( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days) Retracted: US $200.00
Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: 03-Oct-05 21:07:37 EDT
Retracted: 03-Oct-05 21:13:45 EDT

at least 5 people bid.. and then realized their mistake... and revoked their bids....

still  too many people being stupid!!!

EDIT....

She (the winner) left him positive feedback....

I guess she knew what she was getting!  ::)

I i bet shes saying " o i got such a good deal on a box only 222 usd" lol and her feedback was on oct 8 and it ended oct 7 lol i bet her thoughts changed now  "Great person to comuunicate with! Thanks for everything you have done!! "
"

I often buy and sell stuff on ebay. I am always after bayonets (lately US M9s) and sell of stuff I no longer need. Infact soon some CF MkII Cbt boots will be up for auction on ebay.au

Do a member search for 1feral1 and see what I got now!

The 'classique' ebay auction was for a 1/2 used toilet paper roll from Britany Spears (not army'ca's, but the real one) hotel room!

Cheers,

Wes

Back