• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will adding certificates or updating current job help/prolong my application

MedicTWO

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently waiting on my PLAR to be complete (started in March) in the mean time I am taking courses to improve myself and my desirability. I am taking my first aid instructors(Red Cross) , as well as an Aeromedical Course through Ornge. When complete (this week) should I send these certificates in to my recruitment center and file manager?

Also, I have just got onto a BCAS ambulance station. I know I have to update my file with CFRC but will this change prolong my application?

Thanks

MedicTWO

Good day,

The updating of your application with current courses completed and current employment since the submission of your application does not impede on the processing time of your application. The addition of your completed courses and the updating of your current employment into a field related to your chosen occupation may increases your competitiveness against other applicants applying for the same occupation. 

Sorry Master Corporal Steven,

I think I left out some information about my chosen trade being Med Tech.

I already have my PCP-IV from BC and am looking to improve my odds of being selected. Any suggestions of courses I can take while I wait for my PLAR to be completed?

Thanks

Good day,

You did not leave out the information of your chosen occupation being Med Tech. It is in your signature block under your post as your first choice occupation.

Back