• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will Connaught Supply.....

when i went to basic marksmen i found that we didnt shoot as often as i thought we would, i would say just about 7 or 8 times but the rest we just did regular stuff such as drill and classes

Well without sounding kinda dumb...why is there 3 weeks for baisc-marksman and then for basic-basic only 2 weeks...dun't fully understand that?

my opinion is that they have the regular 2 weeks of basic training than 1 week of shooting to see if you are good enough to come back next year, unfortunatly i wasnt :crybaby:

The standards would probably get harder as you go up.

oh well if i had not gone to connaught i would never had made it to provincials ;D

thank you .... our corps made it to provinicals this year but didn't come close to winning compared to some of you shooters ...we didn't even get to practice other then the  tryout for the shooting team

I'm pretty sure it round 9th ... no i didn't make it on the team came pretty close tho there were mostly seniors on our team

o we came in 15 :-[ but at least i got to experience it. good luck next year

hey thnkx you too! if you tried thats the best you can do! just keep practicing...hey is catham even in alberta?

heres an idea, may sound a little crazy but it seems to have worked for me; instead of asking all these questions about camp to prepare yourself, don't ask any questions about what you might be doing. That way you won't have any expectations and lesser dissapointments......may sound a little crazy but hey......

WO2_mandal said:
heres an idea, may sound a little crazy but it seems to have worked for me; instead of asking all these questions about camp to prepare yourself, don't ask any questions about what you might be doing. That way you won't have any expectations and lesser dissapointments......may sound a little crazy but hey......

Right Mandal.   It is called planning and preparation.   It used to be a critical requirement in assessing leadership and planning ability.

I've often found that going in blind is the best solution.

Sometimes I'm also sarcastic.

I probably shouldn't read the Cadet threads.

Right Mandal.  It is called planning and preparation.  It used to be a critical requirement in assessing leadership and planning ability.

I've often found that going in blind is the best solution.

Sometimes I'm also sarcastic.quote]

Ahaha, Ahaha, OH MAN, THIS MADE MY DAY.

armygurl09 said:
Well without sounding kinda dumb...why is there 3 weeks for baisc-marksman and then for basic-basic only 2 weeks...dun't fully understand that?

Because they have more training to do because it is a specialized course.. Basic just brushes over everthing..

Last year my cousin did basic Marksman, and he said they shot every day for like 2 weeks.. But the first 3 days were all shooting prep and the last three were Graduation prep.. With a few scattered classes in between taught by the people in Rifle Coach..

Back