• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will i get removed if i cant do DP1?

-Skeletor- said:
There is no "SQ cap badge",  as well there hasn't been a SQ course for years as it is now BMQ-Land.  The cap badge you are referring to is the Infantry branch one.  Infantry recruits wear it once they are BMQ/BMQ-Land qualified,  and wear it until they are DP1 qualified and receive their Regimental capbadge.
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/his/ol-lo/vol-tom-3/par2/ib-bi-eng.asp

I did my basic in 2007, at which point there was an SQ and they gave you that badge when you finished it. I don't know what they do these days.

You wont be released.

In the reserve, if your file moves a bit each year, you're good. You can do one mod this year, and the other one the year after. I'm sure you could do them next summer without troubles. Go speak to your unit and they will help you. They already invested some time and money in you, they will try to help you finish those courses.

The Reserve System has always been flexible, particularly due to the nature of it's members. University students who use the reserves as a means to pay for their education during the year, and people with full time employment who want to supplement their income while doing something challenging, and serve their country.

That said, there are many who have found themselves in the same situation who were unable to free the time up from their non military life to go on a course necessary for advancement. University students doing wither class terms or co-op work terms during the summer, issues with their full time jobs, etc.

As has been expressed here previously, if the reason is acceptable to the CoC, and you make the request in a professional and timely manner, you will find that this can easily be worked around by differing course loading until next summer, doing a mod each summer. In some cases the same course can be run at unit or area level over several weekends.

The key is to be upfront with your CoC right away.

Back