• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will Politicians Learn to Stop Dividing? I Doubt it...

While I clearly have no experience in the role, even to me it was clear that he was acting intentionally threatening.

He was an idiot. There is zero excuse for that sort of behaviour, he could have made his point without the physical threat signals, and this wouldn't have turned into pulling more RCMP from frontline jobs into defending politicians.
What was the physical threat signs?

Lets play this game... Redneck Douche

At 0:05 seconds in, the tone used is clearly a threat. "The fuck you doin'n in Alberta" is a hostile presentation.

At 0:08 the "Traitorous Bitch!" clearly indicates hostile intent...

At 0:11 "Get the fuck out of this province!" (grammar might be off..) combined with an aggressive approach, and a raised hand.

0:14 "You're a fucking traitor!" combined with a squared off stance and an aggressive hand gesture toward the Minister.

If you watch the whole video you see the encounter right from the guys aggressively questioning the front counter staff, right up to three dudes basically telling him to "jog on".

Edit: If you were a Pte with a rifle, and this guy approached you, would you feel as though he was a threatening presence? If not, you shouldn't have a rifle...

While I clearly have no experience in the role, even to me it was clear that he was acting intentionally threatening.

He was an idiot. There is zero excuse for that sort of behaviour, he could have made his point without the physical threat signals, and this wouldn't have turned into pulling more RCMP from frontline jobs into defending politicians.
Good luck finding enough members.

I don’t see anyone “toning things down”. There is no incentive, but all the incentive in the world to convince your supporters (or those who hate the other guys) that if the other guys win, the country is finished. Once one side does it, the other side will go full retard.

scalia GIF
An old axiom ALL politicians and others always subscribe to:

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Lets play this game... Redneck Douche

At 0:05 seconds in, the tone used is clearly a threat.
Threat for what, being upset?
"The fuck you doin'n in Alberta" is a hostile presentation.
Thats a question, many others have been asked. Is it aggressive yes but hostile well only if your feeling are easliy hurt.
At 0:08 the "Traitorous Bitch!" clearly indicates hostile intent...
What intent has he indicated? He made a accusation towards her opinions and choices.
At 0:11 "Get the fuck out of this province!" (grammar might be off..) combined with an aggressive approach, and a raised hand.
No fist clenching no actual breaching her space, again he did not get in the elevator.
I guess many foreign people i have interacted with were agreessive and threatening , when rasing their hands while talking. Maybe even at the bar when the say put your hands up in the air.
0:14 "You're a fucking traitor!" combined with a squared off stance and an aggressive hand gesture toward the Minister.
What was the aggressive hand gusture can you define "squared off stance" He raised his hand to point at her.
I guess every Military instructor should be charged with dressing down the troops while pointing at them in a squared off stance.
If you watch the whole video you see the encounter right from the guys aggressively questioning the front counter staff, right up to three dudes basically telling him to "jog on".

Edit: If you were a Pte with a rifle, and this guy approached you, would you feel as though he was a threatening presence? If not, you shouldn't have a rifle...
If I was a Private and this idiot came yelling at me this way I would laugh at him. (I did a few times at different people).
If i was a private or Maybe a Master Bombardier lets say pulling security at the G8 summit and
Had some jerk (can I say that or is that to aggressive) came up to the gate and was giving my troops attitude calling us way worse then in the video. I would ignore him as he has not breached my space. Let's say he breached my or my Soldiers space aka stepped under the gate, my troops would put the guy to the ground, cuff him for his safety and detain him until the Police arrived.
Even if he raised his hand 10 feet away from me pointing and yelling I would keep my.eyes on him and maintain situation awareness. I would not close the space and get in a altercation with the guy nor would I expect the Soldiers under my commnd to engage. That's what being professional and knowing yoyr ROE s is all about.
But Let's say the big bad guy at the gate said he was going to kill me, moved with in or appeared to move within arm distance and took a "squared off stance fists raised" while using aggressive posturing, hostile words with intent while using agreesive hand gestures. I might take that as hostile intent and punch the guy in the throat with the butt of my rifle. While dropping him to the ground. Then restraining his hands and feet together using flex cuffs. Detain him until the Police arrive to take him to the hospital to get his throat checked. I would of been justified in use of force as per my ROEs as he made a actual threat that was credible towards me and or my Soldiers as he broke our threshold with intent.

Had he of stood there calling me names I would have laughed. Oh wait I did.

Then why engage?

I see this pattern repeated frequently, you post in contentious topics but refuse to actually add anything.

You posted your link.

I read it.

I commented.

If she needs protection, I hope the RCMP gives it to her.

That decision is for experts.

An old axiom ALL politicians and others always subscribe to:

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

Exactly. Angry mustard stained guy swears. Much ado about nothing.

BUT

An excellent opportunity to sow further division. And cosplay outrage while demanding better.

I have some thoughts about this incident.

Its not becoming, I'm not debating that. I detest our PM. But he would be safe and welcome in my home for a coffee and mature conversation.

Don't be in politics if you aren't prepared to heckled. That's basically what he did. Same thing for anyone in public life be it politics, arts, sports or what ever.

Threat for what, being upset?

Thats a question, many others have been asked. Is it aggressive yes but hostile well only if your feeling are easliy hurt.

What intent has he indicated? He made a accusation towards her opinions and choices.

No fist clenching no actual breaching her space, again he did not get in the elevator.
I guess many foreign people i have interacted with were agreessive and threatening , when rasing their hands while talking. Maybe even at the bar when the say put your hands up in the air.

What was the aggressive hand gusture can you define "squared off stance" He raised his hand to point at her.
I guess every Military instructor should be charged with dressing down the troops while pointing at them in a squared off stance.
If you refuse to discuss this topic in good faith, I am done.

If a guy that size came across the room yelling at you like that, you wouldn't just stay relaxed and not see him as a threat.

Calling people traitors in Canadian politics has a storied past.

Biggest one: In 1981, after Parliament adopted the Constitution Repatriation Bill, the St-Jean-Baptiste Society in Quebec took full page ads in newspaper(s) branding evry single Quebec MP a traitor. The term was even bolded when applied to PM Trudeau and his 10 other ministers from Quebec.

While the ad caused quite a Keflafla, no one considered, even in the charged atmosphere of the time, that it constituted a "threat" against them - save to work for their electoral defeat in the future.

Calling people traitors in Canadian politics has a storied past.

Biggest one: In 1981, after Parliament adopted the Constitution Repatriation Bill, the St-Jean-Baptiste Society in Quebec took full page ads in newspaper(s) branding evry single Quebec MP a traitor. The term was even bolded when applied to PM Trudeau and his 10 other ministers from Quebec.

While the ad caused quite a Keflafla, no one considered, even in the charged atmosphere of the time, that it constituted a "threat" against them - save to work for their electoral defeat in the future.
Like mentioned in other threads, though, the context of calling someone a "traitor" these says can lead down the slope to "they deserve to be summarily executed." Like the flag, depends how its used.

Like mentioned in other threads, though, the context of calling someone a "traitor" these says can lead down the slope to "they deserve to be summarily executed." Like the flag, depends how its used.

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

Puhhhhlease. Pardon me if I don't lose sleep over the angry words of an aging, worked up FB warrior. If Freeland is that fragile she's in the wrong business. Even PET was strong enough to flip the bird back and Jean Chretien gave the old Shawinigan Handshake.

You want this shit to stop ? Start demanding your elected officials work for the betterment of the whole country and and not their corrupt nepotistic pet projects. The Liberals have created this bed and as far as I am concerned they can sleep in it.

Speaking of 'division', and other math type stuff, my bet is that Trudeau is saving up for a big spending spree to help win the next election with a Liberal majority, which means a windfall for Liberal ridings (and nothing for most of the West ;)):

Trudeau’s Hands-Off Approach to Inflation Is Becoming Untenable – Takes Cabinet to Vancouver to Meet​

(Bloomberg) Prime Minister Justin Trudeau faces growing pressure to help Canadian households offset surging inflation as he meets with his cabinet in Vancouver next week to set his government’s fall agenda.

Unlike many of his global peers, Trudeau has avoided taking new measures recently to ease the burden of rising prices, even with inflation at its highest level since the early 1980s.That may reflect a growing political sensitivity to criticism his government overspent during the pandemic, leaving the country with less fiscal room to tackle big future challenges like climate change. But there is also a wariness that doling out money to ease price pain may only wind up stoking more inflation.Staying on the sidelines, however, has become increasingly difficult.

Trudeau is riding low in opinion polls after nearly seven years in power. And the likely election next month of Pierre Poilievre as new leader of the Conservative Party will add more urgency to the inflation debate. Poilievre has focused relentlessly on the cost of living during his leadership campaign, using the label “Justinflation” as he pins the blame on Trudeau.

“Politically, that fight is going to come to this government,” Shachi Kurl, president of the Vancouver-based Angus Reid Institute, said by phone. “It will come large and will come hard.”

Polling from Kurl’s research group found that four in five Canadians have been forced to cut spending in the face of rising costs.
In the absence of new measures from Trudeau, Canada’s provincial leaders have stepped in.

Ontario, the most populous province, temporarily suspended fuel taxes. Quebec’s premier, who began his campaign for a second term this weekend, is promising more direct inflation relief if re-elected. And oil- and fertilizer-producing Saskatchewan is sending out an “affordability cheque” to every resident this fall.

Canada’s economy is doing better than most, thanks to high prices for commodities, its abundance of energy and strong population growth. Worker shortages are widespread. That means the nation would probably struggle more than peers to absorb more government spending that adds to demand.

“I have noticed that other countries have been adding to their spending in recent months,” Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland told reporters last month after a meeting with her Group of 20 counterparts in Indonesia. “Canada has been restrained there as well, precisely because inflation is elevated.”

From a short-term fiscal perspective, the government can use revenue windfalls to pay for any new measures it wants to take. The most likely scenario is something along the margins, targeted to those who need it most and in line with the Trudeau government’s net-zero commitments — so no blanket rebates for drivers filling up their cars with gasoline.

So far this year, the government has been pulling in billions more than anticipated.

Why shouldn't she get RCMP protection?

In this case, the guy stopped before he got physical, but really was nothing stopping him. It's too late after someone has gotten hurt/killed to decide they need a protection detail.

There were thousands of people in Ottawa during the freedumb convoy with large contingents calling for an overthrow of the democratically elected government, which is an inherently violent act. You only need one crazy to push things from 'threat' to 'crime', and with things like the 'Queen of Canada' they are out there.

In this case, the guy stopped before he got physical, but really was nothing stopping him. It's too late after someone has gotten hurt/killed to decide they need a protection detail.

There were thousands of people in Ottawa during the freedumb convoy with large contingents calling for an overthrow of the democratically elected government, which is an inherently violent act. You only need one crazy to push things from 'threat' to 'crime', and with things like the 'Queen of Canada' they are out there.

Point Agree GIF by Ford

Why did he not get physical, thats because he choose not to because that was not his intent. He knew what he wanted to do and that was to verbally state his displeasure about her and how she has effected 100,000 of thousands of Canadians in Western Canada without even a thought to doing it.
There were thousands of people in Ottawa during the freedumb convoy with large contingents calling for an overthrow of the democratically elected government, which is an inherently violent act.
It is funny, the narrative they were having was trying to negotiate a deal with the Governor General to have the current government ousted for failure to do their jobs. Those acts of violence were perpetrated and falsely reported by the National News, then repeated by the government in power. Only to have the news redact their statements only after being caught outright lying then the government lying to cover up their dissemination of wrong information. But don't worry misleading and lying is a trait sought after by the pm and his close cabinet.
You only need one crazy to push things from 'threat' to 'crime', and with things like the 'Queen of Canada' they are out there.
It is funny, it only takes one Military officer to cause a Coup, yet we don't worry about that every day. Not every CF member is a extremist crazy person. A Yet we all watched some guy wearing a Canadian Uniform saying he represented the CF trying to cause mutiny. But hey we don't judge everyone by the same manor. (unless your a law abiding Firearm owner waiting to sell your next gun to a criminal, or your one of those Construction Workers in Hotels across the country who rape and pillage the towns to which they work). But that is a narrative. It is also funny how the PM and his followers supported and took a knee alongside a group who has known extremist tendencies here and elsewhere. Lets not have actual facts into a conversation. I bet you support Police Officers walking around parking lots lifting door handles, if they find a door unlocked they leave a note.

To this day I find it shocking that the Politicians have little to no security around when they travel, especially when they are so hated.

If you refuse to discuss this topic in good faith, I am done.

If a guy that size came across the room yelling at you like that, you wouldn't just stay relaxed and not see him as a threat.
How do you figure I am not discussing in good faith. Yes on a regular I deal with big guys hurtling verbal threats. It gets my guard up, but I can differentiate between a physical threat and a verbal insult, many here and in politics can not and it is obvious.
the current Politicians are trying to push a narrative about violence, in particular against women and minorities. use those narratives to push further control measures, While forgetting to use out current laws to deal with the real issues. Instead misleading and throwing in what if scenarios to the public as if they really happened.

Back