• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WO John Alexander "Alex" Hogan 1965-2012

ballz

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.oromoctofh.com/Obituaries/73635/#.UGOD5jDaTXk.facebook

John Alexander "Alex" Hogan
1965-2012​

Warrant Officer John Alexander (Alex) Hogan, CD

It is with great sadness that the family of WO Alexander Hogan announce his death at home on September 23rd, 2012 at the age of 47. Born in St. John's, NL, he was the son of Ronald and the late Maire (Sande) Hogan and husband of Maureen Hogan of Hanwell, NB.

Alex was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, beginning his career in 1987. He was a member of 3 RCR and had been deployed overseas 5 times in active duty. During his service he was awarded the Canadian Forces Decoration 2nd Clasp, the Canadian Forces Peacekeeping Service Medal, Special Service Medal and several other honors.

Alex leaves behind his wife, Maureen; son, Jakob; father, Ronald; brothers, Ronald (Charlotte), Ernest, David (Dorothy), Darren and Gary (Michelle); sisters, Sandra (Wade) and Katherine (Kevin). Alex was predeceased by his mother, Maire Hogan.

Visitation will be held at Oromocto Funeral Home, 108 Winnebago St., on Thursday, September 27th, 2012 from 2-4 & 7-9 pm. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 am on Friday, September 28th from St. Mary's Chapel, CFB Gagetown.  Padre Lance Magdziak will officiate. Interment will be in the Hermitage Catholic Cemetery. For those who wish, donation's in Alex's memory can be made to the Salvation Army. Online condolences can be made at www.oromoctofh.com, 357-5100.

RIP WO Hogan :salute:

RIP Hogie.

It was great to see so many old faces tonight.  I just wish it were for a more joyous reason.

:cheers:

RIP WO Hogan  :salute: :cdn:

On behalf of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles and Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada, pleas pass on our condolences to the family, friends and comrades of WO Hogan.

Pro Patria; he's an excellent leader, I'll be saying my goodbye tomorrow at the service.

RIP WO Hogan, your advice and experience was invaluable this summer.

Back