• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WO Richard Nolan RCR, WO Frank Mellish RCR, Sgt Shane Stachnik 2 CER, Pte Jonathan Cushley RCR- 03 Sep 06

The latest from cbc.ca

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/09/03/afghanistan-taliban.html

Two of the soldiers have been identified as Warrant Officer Frank Robert Mellish and Warrant Officer Richard Francis Nolan. The military did not say how old they were and would not say when the names of the other soldiers would be released. All of their families have been notified.

My condolences to the families,friends and to the Royal Canadian Regiment on the loss of Warrant Officer Frank Mellish and Warrant Officer Richard Nolan. :salute:

RIP Rick and Frank!!!!!!! Pro Patria! And to the yet to be released name of a friend...........CHIMO and UBIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cdn: :salute: :cdn: :salute: :cdn: :salute: :cdn: :salute:....... :'( God speed brothers, and may your families take comfort that you died protecting the freedoms of this great nation!!!!

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

RIP WO Mellish and WO Nolan and RIP to the 2 unidentified soldiers.
My husband is a MCpl with 1 RCR currently in Afghanistan and I know how proud they all are of what they are doing there and they believe in what they are doing.

You are all true heroes, my thoughts and prayers are with all of the families of those killed and injured.

R.I.P. for the 4 soldier died today...We support all of u in afghanistan!!! continue ur best work :salute: :cdn:

From www.forces.gc.ca

Four Canadian Soldiers killed in Afghan stabilization operation
CEFCOM NR–06.021 - September 3, 2006

OTTAWA – Four Canadian soldiers were killed today at approximately 8:50 a.m. Kandahar time as they fought to drive Taliban fighters from a region west of Kandahar City. These casualties occurred on the second day of Operation Medusa, a significant combined effort between the Afghan National Security Forces, Canada and our other NATO partners in the International Security Assistance Force.

Two of the deceased soldiers are Warrant Officer Richard Francis Nolan and Warrant Officer Frank Robert Mellish, both of 1st Batallion, Royal Canadian Regiment, based in Petawawa, Ontario. Two families have requested that we not release the names of their loved ones at this time. A number of Canadian soldiers suffered non-life threatening wounds during today’s engagements - all but one will return to duty. All next of kin has been contacted.

Operation MEDUSA is a large-scale ISAF stabilization operation aimed at removing armed militants from the Panjwayi and Zhari district region so that displaced villagers can return to their homes and re-establish their livelihoods without living in constant fear of the Taliban.

“The Afghan people want peace and stability and they deserve our support,” said ISAF Region South Commander, Brig-Gen David Fraser. ”The Afghan government offers hope, development and reconstruction. The nations of ISAF stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Afghanistan.”

BinyonForTheFallen.jpg

My husband is currently involved in this situation, with Charles coy. Rick was hubby's WO. The last time I saw Rick, was departure day, and with tears in my eyes, I told Rick to bring them all home. He gave me a big thumbs up. Well, Rick you have done us proud. The boys will bring you home, high on their shoulders, proud of how you led them. They will continue on the push, and finish strong. A big thumbs up to them!
  RIP Frank and Rick. My thoughts are with your children.

:salute: :cdn:

My prayers to those brave soldiers who passed and the wounded and the families.  My prayers to those still involved in this operation.  You all make me proud to wear the uniform.  

BBJ knows this

WO Nolan was the WO of the Pl that I sponsored with magazines, etc.

I spoke with him a few times.  He sounded pretty cool.

Condolences to his familes.

My sincere condolences to the familes and friends.  RIP troops.

God bless,

PV

Damn.  :'(

RIP to the fallen and condolences to their families and comrades.  To the wounded, get well soon. 

:salute: :cdn:

WHEN I'M GONE

When I come to the end of my journey
And I travel my last weary mile,
Just forget if you can, that I ever frowned
And remember only the smile.

Forget unkind words I have spoken;
Remember some good I have done.
Forget that I ever had heartache
And remember I've had loads of fun.

Forget that I've stumbled and blundered
And sometimes fell by the way.
Remember I have fought some hard battles
And won, ere the close of the day.

Then forget to grieve for my going,
I would not have you sad for a day,
But in summer just gather some flowers
And remember the place where I lay,

And come in the shade of evening
When the sun paints the sky in the west
Stand for a few moments beside me
And remember only my best.

~(c) Mrs. Lyman Hancock~

:cdn: :salute:

You fought a good fight to make this world safer for all of us, RIP.  :salute: :cdn:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2006/03/c2595.html

Attention News Editors:

Message from Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaelle Jean, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, following the death of four soldiers
    OTTAWA, Sept. 3 /CNW Telbec/ - My husband, Jean-Daniel Lafond, and I were
saddened to learn of the death of four Canadian soldiers deployed to
Afghanistan, Warrant Officer Richard Francis Nolan and Warrant Officer Frank
Robert Mellish, both of 1st Batallion, Royal Canadian Regiment, and of the
death of two other soldiers, who have not been identified at the request of
their families. Our thoughts are also with the Canadian soldiers injured in
the same incident. We commend the level of their daily commitment, which led
to them sacrificing their lives on a front fraught with danger.
    I offer my humble support to all, near and far, who have been devastated
by this terrible news and are now mourning this sad loss. I and all Canadians
have the utmost respect for the families of these young soldiers who fell
while courageously defending the ideals of freedom, justice and peace. They
went to that troubled area of the world with a desire to help the Afghan
people to finally take charge of their own destiny, one free of violence and
oppression. Let us honour them.
    <<

Michaelle Jean

Back