• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WO Richard Nolan RCR, WO Frank Mellish RCR, Sgt Shane Stachnik 2 CER, Pte Jonathan Cushley RCR- 03 Sep 06

WO Nolan and WO Mellish,

Keep the seat empty beside you for me, my brothers.

Do or Die for the VRI!

UP Charles!

polarbear2.jpg

Pro Patria

tess

For the men and women that fight for our freedom ever minute of their career, I think of you with Pride and Honor.
For the fallen may you rest in peace.
For the wounded, heal.
For the families of the fallen my sympathy and respect.

We are all touched by the passing of our Canadian soldiers, they are gone but never forgotten.

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields

:salute: RIP buds. I will raise a frosty one for you tonight.

The thoughts of myself and ninerdomestic (and little Wook) are with the friends and family of the fallen and injured.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2043

Statement
Statement by the Minister of National Defence on the Deaths of Four Canadian Soldiers in Afghanistan
NR-06.055 - September 3, 2006

OTTAWA – The Honourable Gordon O'Connor, Minister of National Defence, issued the following statement today from Japan on the deaths of four Canadian soldiers:

“It is with deepest sympathy that I extend my condolences to the families and friends of Warrant Officer Richard Francis Nolan and Warrant Officer Frank Robert Mellish, who were killed today along with two other Canadian Forces members during an ongoing offensive operation in Afghanistan.”

Both were members of 1st Batallion, Royal Canadian Regiment, based in Petawawa, Ontario. The identities of the remaining two soldiers are being withheld at the request of the next-of-kin.

The MND also added: ''My thoughts and prayers are with their loved ones, and the nine comrades who were also injured. We pray for their swift recovery.

These soldiers died in an ongoing effort to force Taliban insurgents from a region west of Kandahar City so that displaced villagers can return to their homes and re-establish their livelihoods without living in constant fear.

The resolve and courage of these brave men will not be forgotten. Together as Canadians we stand proudly behind our men and women in uniform and we honour the risks they took, in the name of Canadian security and the values of freedom, on our behalf."

http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/media.asp?category=3&id=1303

Statement by Prime Minister Harper on casualties sustained by Canadian Forces personnel in Afghanistan
3 September 2006
Ottawa, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement on the deaths of four Canadian soldiers.

“On behalf of all Canadians, I offer my heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of Warrant Officer Richard Francis Nolan and Warrant Officer Frank Robert Mellish, as well as of two other soldiers whose families have requested that their names not be released at this time, who died today in the line of duty. I also extend my wishes for the speedy recovery of the six other soldiers who were injured.

“While deeply saddened by this loss, I hope the families may find some solace in the knowledge that they do not grieve alone and that Canada will not forget the heroism of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. They will be sorely missed by their comrades in Afghanistan who carry on with our mission there, serving our country with tremendous professionalism, skill and determination.

“We are proud of these soldiers' contribution to bring stability and hope to the people of Afghanistan. These soldiers lost their lives in the service of their country. Canada is grateful for that service, and saddened by this loss.”

RIP Soldiers  :salute:

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of all involved. To the men who were injured get well soon and take care.

My condolences to the friends and families of the fallen. A speedy recovery for the injured
:cdn: :salute:

Statement by Prime Minister Harper on casualties sustained by Canadian Forces personnel in Afghanistan
3 September 2006
Ottawa, Ontario

“We are proud of these soldiers' contribution to bring stability and hope to the people of Afghanistan. These soldiers lost their lives in the service of their country. Canada is grateful for that service, and saddened by this loss.”

Amen.  RIP  :salute:

A sad day for all Canadians. My heart goes out to all who knew and loved Rick and Frank and to those families and friends of the unidentified fallen soldiers. We feel your loss.

Keep up the fight. Stay strong and brave.

He was a great father and great man, We'll miss you Rick.  :salute: :cdn: :'(

About a year ago I had the honour of visiting Canadian graves in Ypres, an experience I'll never forget and one which made me more proud than I've ever been to be a Canadian.  We see today, among those serving in Afghanistan,  the same bravery that the Canadians who rest in Flanders had. 

RIP soldliers - God bless you and your families and God bless Canada and everything we stand for.

WO Mellish was my SQ course warrant. Condolences to his family, as well as the family members of the other soldiers. You will be missed.

WO Mellish taught me as well, taught me how to be a soldier.

I salute you and your sacrifice.

wow this hit hard last night..seeing the picture of my course warrant from my sq course (im a reservist did my sq with 1 rcr).....being from petawawa..this is really going to hit hard....Our thoughts are with the Troops

R.I.P WO F.R. "Mello" Mellish
and my condolences to the others killed and there families  :salute:

thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of the fallen and wounded.......rest in peace............we will remember them

My sincerest condolences to the families and to their fellow soldiers.
You will not be forgoten  :salute:  :cdn:

I know that I've run across WO Mellish somewhere in the past...it saddens me that I truly cannot remember where or when, but I believe it was at a conference or PD visit I was involved in.  But he did leave an impression on me as capable and competent soldier.  I salute him, and the others who have fallen, including our casualty of what appears to be fratricide (I HATE blue on blue casualties, they always seem so needless).  And Godspeed to the injured, for a quick and whole recovery.

Back