• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Woman Delivers Eight Babies

As a responsible parent I take care of all my children(all 2 of them ;D).  I have no idea how a single mother of 6, who is not independently wealth (her family claimed bankruptcy last year) can financially support all of them, not to mention 8 more new babies.  Potentially with special needs.  It is mind boggling to me.

I am also curious, if she is on welfare or income assistance, how does she pay for her invitro?  Is it something that is covered with your medical when you are on welfare?  That doesn't seem right if that is the case.  If you cannot afford the ones you have and get any gov't funding, don't have any more.  That is what responsible people do.

the article said she was paid to do the in vitro - not sure how that works, unless she's a science experiment.  Either way, I think it's really irresponsible to bring that many children into this world if you don't have the means to care for them.  Going by the article - her mother is washing her hands of the whole situation so I don't think she's going to have that much help.

Human beings were not meant to have litters.  There's a reason women only have 2 breasts.

"Some medical experts were disturbed to hear that she was offered fertility treatment, and troubled by the possibility that she was implanted with so many embryos. "

Is this what you mean, Lil_T?

I understand that to mean that other doctors don't know WHY a doctor would even offer to do it at all!  But, it doesn't say if she paid for it or not.  I think there must be more to this story than we are getting.  It doesn't make sense.

mmm no, there was another article where *hearsay* it was stated she got paid for the in vitro, but wouldn't elaborate.

It IS very disturbing - what kind of Dr implants 8 embryos into a woman who already HAS 6 children.  She is the very reason I think you should have a license to reproduce.

A single Mom eh.

14 kids now.

How can she work? Or does she even work?

Looks like the welfare ride of a lifetime is about to commence.

Here we go:

Octuplets’ mother wants Oprah to turn her into a $2m TV star

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5627531.ece

THE single mother of octuplets born in California last week is seeking $2m (£1.37m) from media interviews and commercial sponsorship to help pay the cost of raising the children.

Nadya Suleman, 33, plans a career as a television childcare expert after it emerged last week that she already had six children before giving birth on Monday. She now has 14 below the age of eight.

More at link.

Lil_T said:
mmm no, there was another article where *hearsay* it was stated she got paid for the in vitro, but wouldn't elaborate.

It IS very disturbing - what kind of Dr implants 8 embryos into a woman who already HAS 6 children.  She is the very reason I think you should have a license to reproduce.

This is the same question I had. I think someone should be investigating the ethics of a doc giving fertility treatments to someone who obviously has no fertility problems. I'm also curious about how she intends to support 14 kids. Or is the taxpayer going to help with her welfare payments because she has no job. ::)

If she was paid by an MD to do the invitro/fertility therapy - I hope California sues the MD for the burden that these 8 new kids will have on the state welfare roll.

2 Cdo said:
This is the same question I had. I think someone should be investigating the ethics of a doc giving fertility treatments to someone who obviously has no fertility problems. I'm also curious about how she intends to support 14 kids. Or is the taxpayer going to help with her welfare payments because she has no job. ::)

Apparently all her kids are in vitro.  Speaking as someone who has a number of friends with fertility issues - this whole thing makes me sick.  She's using her kids as a cash cow. 

Reminds me of Monty Python. 

"I've got no option but to sell you all for scientific experiments."

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6fRJ0T-y-pw

LOL - I love that movie.

She's going to be the old woman who lived in the shoe.

Octuplet Fertility Doctor Under Investigation
California Medical Board investigates doctor who implanted embryos in mother of octuplets

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=6825726

The spotlight on the mother of octuplets is turning to the fertility doctor who helped her give birth not once but 14 times by implanting Nadya Suleman with fertilized embryos.

The Medical Board of California investigating the doctor — whom it did not name — to see if there was a "violation of the standard of care," board spokeswoman Candis Cohen said Friday.

More at link.

Octuplet mom done having babies
Article Link

LOS ANGELES - The Southern California mother of octuplets who already had six other children says she's done having babies.

In an NBC "Dateline" interview aired Tuesday night, 33-year-old Nadya Suleman says the octuplets were a sign from God that she should stop having children.

More on link.

Oh, but having six kids before that wasn't a sign?
rolleyes.gif

it's all starting to come out now...
The mother of Nadya is the one who looks after the 1st 6.... guess who is gonna look after the new batch?

The girl has a psycho problem & I would contend Nadyas mum should be looking at going after the fertility clinic that did the deed.... ?%* Nadya doesn't work, she doesn't have money & she doesn't have the capacity to look after 1 let alone 14

Octuplets mother sets up website asking for money

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4595537/Octuplets-mother-sets-up-website-asking-for-money.html

The Californian mother of octuplets has set up a website asking for public donations to help pay for her newborn babies.

By Caroline Hedley in Los Angeles
Last Updated: 10:54PM GMT 11 Feb 2009

On www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com, the unemployed single parent - who describes herself as a "proud mother of 14" - provides a link for online donations, and requests that other goods be sent to the office of her recently-hired publicity firm.

More at link.

Octomom hospitalized

Nadya Suleman undergoes secret surgery

Nadya Suleman, also known in the media as the Octomom, is back in the hospital.

The Chicago Tribune reports that the 33-year-old single mother returned Tuesday to the same place she gave birth to her octuplets on Jan. 26.

Sources tell the publication that Suleman checked in to Kaiser Permanente in Bellflower, Calif., but that it is “nothing serious.” They did not go into details about the surgery she underwent.

Suleman, who now has a total of 14 children and had several minor surgeries in May, will likely stay in the hospital for 24 to 48 hours and check out at the end of this week.

More on link

Let's only hope it was hysterectomy or at the very least a tubal ligation.  ::)

Move over, Octomom......

Tunisian woman poised to give birth to 12 babies

TUNIS, Tunisia — Move over Octomom, several British media outlets are reporting a woman in Tunisia is about to give birth to 12 babies — six boys and six girls.

The unnamed mother is said to have conceived the babies with the aid of fertility drugs after suffering several miscarriages. She reportedly told doctors she was "feeling fine and looking forward to hugging her six boys and six girls".

The mother is apparently nine months pregnant and in good health.

::)

That's a litter!!  :eek:

Back