• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World Cup 2018

This year the giants are falling with remarkable speed. That being said, I forecast either FRA v ENG or BEL v ENG in the final.

dapaterson said:
Vive l'Afrique is more like it.
Those guys were born in france,  how is it vive l'afrique?

There is only one guy on that roster born in Africa.

RocketRichard said:
2 dudes on the French team were born abroad. WTF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have one born in Cameroon,  another in guadeloupe, which is still part of france,  or am I missing another?

Edit: Backup goalie is born in Zaire, so you are right, 2.

I have no clue and haven’t looked into it, but CTV news last night displayed  a tweet in its reporting of the French victory which claimed that the team was “80% immigrants and 50% Muslim”.

Sad commentary on the state of CTVs journalism if they didn’t fact check that before broadcasting it.

A more useful statistic would be how many have training in theatre arts or interpretive dance.  The closest one sees of faking injuries to that degree is in a UMS line-up before a major exercise.

GR66 said:
I have no clue and haven’t looked into it, but CTV news last night displayed  a tweet in its reporting of the French victory which claimed that the team was “80% immigrants and 50% Muslim”.

Sad commentary on the state of CTVs journalism if they didn’t fact check that before broadcasting it.
Very sad.

Some of these men were the sons of immigrants, but very much born in France.

Presnel Kimpembe-Place of birth Beaumont-sur-Oise, France

Djibril Sidibé-Place of birth Troyes, France

Benjamin Mendy-Place of birth Longjumeau, France

Paul Pogba-Place of birth Lagny-sur-Marne, France

N'Golo Kanté-Place of birth Paris, France

Blaise Matuidi-Place of birth Toulouse, France

Thomas Lemar-Place of birth Baie-Mahault, Guadeloupe

Kylian Mbappe-Place of birth Paris, France

Ousmane Dembélé-Place of birth Vernon, France

I guess every black person is just an African these days.

Back