• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World Of Warships

tomahawk6 said:
Good tips !! This thread is very informstive.Thanks

for a lot of good tips look up a youtuber by the name of the mightyjingles, he does ship profiles, talks about game mechanics, and gives a lot of useful tips. Another good one is if you play as a DD turn your AA guns off unless you need them, helps prevent giving your position away.

tomahawk6 said:
Good tips !! This thread is very informstive.Thanks

Wargaming puts out some decent videos too.  Here is one that describes the pros and cons of AP vs HE and when to use what in which situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=dipcvKXStRw

SirSpam on Youtube is another good source of info.

BTW, the Japanese destroyers are pigs. Under powered and under gunned.

ModlrMike said:

but deadly torpedos

ModlrMike said:

SirSpam is good but he hasn’t posted a video in some while.  A few others are IChasegaming, BarronVonGamer and Fly Daily. 

Working through the New Mexico and Cleveland at the moment.  Grabbers is my in game name.  I am at sea until Friday then, so long as the misses says its ok, I intend to close up on my PC and play all weekend lol 

I got the Japanese Chikuma right now. Pretty fun game. Can't wait to unlock an aircraft carrier. I want to try the Hosho when I unlock it. My user name is Tag_Your_It :D

Cheers,
Tom

So....today they are giving a 2X XP bonus for first wins on each ship.  CV here I come.

Got my Wyoming and Cemson today. I'm actually thinking about starting over with my normal handle. I'm not comfortable using my real name in the game.

A week into playing and I've already reached level III and have my first destroyer.

I find the game lags a few times, but the play has been entertaining.

I have the Wyoming and working toward the New York,but its tough sledding getting the required XP's. :(

Anyone have a preference yet between BB, CA and DD?

Once you have them all unlocked, I can see the appeal of both the BB and DD. But once you have both those unlockd, I feel like the CA would become boring. Not as baddass as the BB and not quick and nimble as the DD.

I like the balance the ca provides. Kind of like medium tanks in WOT they are effective multitaskers.

Lumber said:

Once you have them all unlocked, I can see the appeal of both the BB and DD. But once you have both those unlockd, I feel like the CA would become boring. Not as baddass as the BB and not quick and nimble as the DD.

I would say my Cleveland is my ship of choice.  But I do love the BBs and I have been having great success with DDs as of late as well.

tomahawk6 said:
I have the Wyoming and working toward the New York,but its tough sledding getting the required XP's. :(

Not only that, but it is the split in the Branch that will give you a CV.  So you have to grind it twice as hard, to continue down the BB line and then start the CV line. 

Happy Feet.  Just got started on the American CVs.  They were very deadly once you got to the higher tiers and developed strong Sqns.

The CV Langley is a horrible grind.  It leads to the Bogue and the Independence.  Once you can get to them, you will appreciate them more.  Right now, with the Langley, and a bad team, the chances of getting 23K Research points for the Bogue is very frustrating, especially when you lose all your aircraft.  Many of the maps leave you very few options of where to hide safely.

George Wallace said:
The CV Langley is a horrible grind.  It leads to the Bogue and the Independence.  Once you can get to them, you will appreciate them more.  Right now, with the Langley, and a bad team, the chances of getting 23K Research points for the Bogue is very frustrating, especially when you lose all your aircraft.  Many of the maps leave you very few options of where to hide safely.

Isn't it the cruisers job to protect you?

Lumber said:

I played last night with my St Louis CA which has all the Modules... I managed to destroy 2 BB, 2 CA and 2 DD . Best game Ive had yet. I used a BB to draw most of the fire against the BB's than used my HE shells to attack their guns. I love just how much fire the St Louis can rain down in one barrage. 

I'm also using the St. Louis at the moment. I enjoy it's large broadside of guns, but I find you really need to be beam-on to target in order to get all the guns to fire. Further, it just doesn't look badass. I feel like I'm driving around an armed cruise liner than a cruiser. I'm about one round away from buying my first BB. I haven't tried using a destroyer yet.

Back