• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Would I be able to join the army if I don't have GR 10 math?

Juniorz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey I read that you need to have completed GR 10 in order to join the army. I have almost all my credits except maybe 3 or 4. The thing is I don't have GR 10 math, but I have almost the rest of my credits. How strict are they about having completed GR 10, or is it more about how many total credits you have? I am going back to school to get it, it might take me another 5-6 months but I would like to start the application process now since I heard it is a lengthy process.

Good day,

The basic eligibility requirements that are to be met prior to submitting an application to Join the Primary Reserves or the Regular Force of the Canadian Armed Forces can be found on our recruiting website under the Apply Now section. I have provided a link below that you can copy and paste into your browser. Once you meet the basic eligibility requirements you may submit an online application through the forces.ca website. In reference to specific courses, each occupation has it's own educational requirements and not having a grade 10 math or a completed high school diploma limits the occupations that you meet the educational prerequisites for.   

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#join

Furthermore I recommend that you talk to a Primary Reserve recruiter at the Primary Reserve unit in your area. You can apply to the Primary Reserve Force while you are in grade 10 full-time (or secondaire IV for Quebec residents), provided that you are 16 years old and a Canadian citizen. You may require a letter from your school, indicating that you are going to meet the academic requirements for grade 10 (sec IV).

Back