• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Would this be possible?

Nit-picking - MOC is an acronym that is no longer used.  MOSID is the current fad.  :)

Zoomie said:
Nit-picking - MOC is an acronym that is no longer used.  MOSID is the current fad.  :)

I thought MOC was still used and brokendown into MOSID.

Zoomie said:

5 numbers is far too complicated for my only brain cell ;)

SupersonicMax said:
5 numbers is far too complicated for my only brain cell ;)

That's okay Max, I think the first two are always 00.  Someone wanted to make sure the CF HR system could accept up to 100,000 MOSIDs.

G2G

p.s.  24 years ago, I was still 98D until halfway through 1st year.  AIR OPS has been around for a long time...it used to be PLT, ANAV, ATC, AWC until ATC and AWC were combined into AEC.

Little update :
So I emailed them a few days ago, haven't gotten anything back yet so I decided to call, and no answer... bah.
Guess I'll be trying again tomorrow!

Yep I was aware that it was sunday... I just wasn't sure of their hours!
Soo... guess I'll be trying on monday then?

crystalrh said:
Soo... guess I'll be trying on monday then?

Good call - Government workers don't work on the weekend at staff jobs.

Zoomie said:
Good call - Government workers don't work on the weekend at staff jobs.

...unless Auntie Liz gave them a Blackberry...

Well guys, I just got off the phone with Public affairs.
The guy took all my contact info and he's going to try putting me in touch with a pilot or with a tech from the snowbirds! He said he'll try getting them to fit in little tour but if they don't have time, at the very least they'll email me so I can ask them a few questions.
Thanks for all the help guys!!

Glad to hear you got in contact with them, hopefully you will get the tour rather than email addresses. Regardless of how you get in contact with them make sure you ask lots of questions about the good side and bad side of the trade you are interested in. People are very willing to talk about the good but forget to mention the bad. I am an ammo tech and I am amazed at how many times I have heard ammo techs tell people we blow stuff up like that is the main function of our job, unfortunately it is only a small part of the job so it paints a false picture.

If you get the tour ask people for their email address and if they would mind if you contact them again if you think of questions after the fact, I am sure you will think of a few.

well, still haven't heard anything from them, hopefully it'll be soon though. I'm getting pretty antsy!

Back