• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTF? A short film that really sucks!!

Blakey

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
...and CBC is supporting him by giving him exposure?  ???

Video Link Youtube
  ??? ::)
Added:  21 hours ago

CBC Exposure Site

Hi I'm OLF
Hello, my name is François Morin. I do short films in a group called 3REG. We have to do a film every 2 weeks in 24 hours maximum of shooting / editing, following a particular theme. What I will upload, are parts of this commitment...

Video Link on CBC Site

Somewhere in Afghanistan blues
By: OLF
A typical day for our canadian troops...

CBC inappropriate flag link

I can't get the My Space profile page to load.
3REG Homepage
Edit to add home page, video quote and Youtube, time added. As well as inappropriate flag link.

Moderator's Edit - Changed thread title.

Cataract Kid said:
...and CBC is supporting him by giving him exposure?  ???

You seem suprised young jedi. How do you like the way they're spending your tax dollars?

Part of me is  ::) , while the other half is  :rage:

recceguy said:
You seem suprised young jedi. How do you like the way they're spending your tax dollars?

It seems that anyone can just sign up and post anything they want.
We can only flag it as inappropriate, and hope that they drop it.

Flagged.

Jaydub said:
It seems that anyone can just sign up and post anything they want.
We can only flag it as inappropriate, and hope that they drop it.

Flagged.

It's still our tax dollars, which they'd go broke without (that and HNIC, which they've monopolized.)

recceguy said:
It's still our tax dollars, which they'd go broke without (that and HNIC, which they've monopolized.)
True.
I love hockey, not that much though.

Okay.... Um .... so many problems,  where to start

Since when could American speak French ;-)

CBC couldn't afford to get the rights to South Park, so they went with the Quebec knock off.

wow...I can't even begin to comprehend where someone's thinking is to come up with something like that...  :-\

Good2Golf said:
wow...I can't even begin to comprehend where someone's thinking is to come up with something like that...  :-\

Where?  That's easy!  His head's up his...

No kidding.....

Its not even funny... its not even creative..... it looks like some looser couldnt think of anything better to do with his afternoon, so he decided to make fun of the troops....

sigh......

***EDIT***

Well i figured I'll give the gluebag a shot... so I watched all of his short films....

Good Lord... this is my Tax dollars at waste er work?
These are horrible... theyre not creative, theyre not funny, theyre not even original....

these remind me of the wanna be art students i knew in high school. people who think if you tilt the camera or put a filter over the lens its automatically an art film...

Im not too worried about this guy any more.... hes probabbly living in his moms basement and leeching off her and the govt.... just another waste of Air.

A short note about the title of this thread - a worthy subject but a crappy name, could you put a little more effort into the thread title so we know what its about?  i.e. "A short film that really sucks" or "Why are my tax dollars paying for this?", etc.

Back to subject:  There is free expression and there is art, but I dont see how this infantile work fits into any of these categories.  Is it parody? Satire? Drama? Real-life incident converted to cartoon? Ive seen plenty of anti-war/anti-US material over the past 20 years, and I must admit that of the stuff Ive seen in the past some was hilariously funny, some thought-provoking, and others used excellent cinematic skills to make a point.  This trash accomplishes none of the points listed.  In particular, I can forgive the poor animation (we've all seen South Park), but the voice-over (and the truck explosion) was supremely pathetic.  I condemn the piece for its poor quality, lack of storyline, no moral objective, and absence of artistic skill.  In addition, each one of us who looked at it should be slapped for taking it seriously as any form of political or artistic statement. 

GreyMatter said:
A short note about the title of this thread - a worthy subject but a crappy name, could you put a little more effort into the thread title so we know what its about?  i.e. "A short film that really sucks" or "Why are my tax dollars paying for this?", etc.
Apologies, that was my first reaction when I viewed the video.

I'm not entirely certain our tax dollars are paying for that as it may fall under the same umbrella as Newsworld which recieves no tax money.

Either way a very stupid and offensive cartoon.  It's not even funny. 

I'm offended by the low production values.  :p

Seriously though, I love how the monkey who made that cartoon is a self-professed separatist.  His opinion means so little, that being offended by that cartoon would be too much of a compliment.

Cataract Kid said:
Apologies, that was my first reaction when I viewed the video.

I changed the thread title for you, Cataract Kid.

Roy
Milnet.ca Staff

Back