• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

I think a party like that would do exceptionally well in Canada, the USA, UK, Australia, etc etc.

A 'center party' that didn't try to pander to the left or right fringes.
Common sense ideas that are fairly center, made decisions based on whether those decisions actually made sense or not (ignoring which party or person made the suggestion) -- that party would clean house. Big time. (I would think anyway)
A party that espoused this kind of centrist ideology, and wasn't prepared to take a side, would get absolutely destroyed on mainstream media and social media. Radicals from both sides would dominate the airwaves, aided and abetted by a moribund and economically challenged media, searching for relevance/hits. On social media, contrarians would inundate any candidates they did not support with spam, hyperbole, and vitriolic DDS.

The 60-80% of us who don't fit into the above radical categories would have no real avenue to turn to for info, as less and less politicians seem willing to actually engage with we, the people.

(CNN) America's most senior general Mark Milley and the entire Joint Chiefs of Staff, which is comprised of the heads of each military branch, issued a statement Tuesday condemning the violent invasion of the US Capitol last week and reminding service members of their obligation to support and defend the Constitution and reject extremism.

Read the Joint Chief's statement here:

jcs-message-to-the-joint-force-jan-12-21-p1-normal.gif

It's a rare occasion for the JCS to issue a statement to the troops and all the more because it touches on a "political" issue and they specifically use "sedition and insurrection" in the statement.

Seems to me the JCS see it for what it was. And it certainly wasn’t political action.

The successful Republican nominee in 2024 will be the one who offers the most credible commitment to the basic idea of America and Americans first, eschews foreign entanglements and deals that aren't good enough for America, and does it while maintaining an even temper and "happy warrior" image.
So basically Mr. Trump with a lock on his phone that's guarded harder then the nuke codes?:unsure:

It's a rare occasion for the JCS to issue a statement to the troops and all the more because it touches on a "political" issue and they specifically use "sedition and insurrection" in the statement.

It's interesting they appear to be including a police officers suicide days after being at the riot in the statement.

It's interesting they appear to be including a police officers suicide days after being at the riot in the statement.
I’m unfamiliar with that officer’s suicide. Was it linked to the insurrection events?

When I read Blackadders post with the Joint Chief's statement I noticed it mentioned mourning 2 police officers, I didn't hear of a second death so I searched it and the suicide came up. I'm not sure who they're referring to as the 2nd officer, if it's Officer Howard Liebengood then their terminology seems to imply it's related to the Capitol Hill riot.

When I read Blackadders post with the Joint Chief's statement I noticed it mentioned mourning 2 police officers, I didn't hear of a second death so I searched it and the suicide came up. I'm not sure who they're referring to as the 2nd officer, if it's Officer Howard Liebengood then their terminology seems to imply it's related to the Capitol Hill riot.
Reading a few things too. Seems like a lot of officers have been threatening self harm after those events. Apparently a report is due soon that make what we’ve seen and heard so far pale in comparison. There was apparently a lot of hand to hand and cornered and isolated officers.

The Camp aushwitgz guy has been arrested. So far from I can see, they are rounding up a lot of the kooks that were there. I say kooks because I don’t think everyone there intended to cause harm or damage. But they sure seem to have had a lot of kooks storming that place.

The Camp aushwitgz guy has been arrested. So far from I can see, they are rounding up a lot of the kooks that were there. I say kooks because I don’t think everyone there intended to cause harm or damage. But they sure seem to have had a lot of kooks storming that place.
I read this, "Herd mentality, mob mentality and pack mentality, also lesser known as gang mentality, describes how people can be influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors on a largely emotional, rather than rational, basis. When individuals are affected by mob mentality, they may make different decisions than they would have individually."

How many times have we heard, or even said to ourselves, "It seemed like a good idea, at the time. I guess I got a little carried away with the group."?

... The 60-80% of us who don't fit into the above radical categories would have no real avenue to turn to for info, as less and less politicians seem willing to actually engage with we, the people.
... or to turn for any approaching-middle-of-the-road discussion in general it appears.

I read this, "Herd mentality, mob mentality and pack mentality, also lesser known as gang mentality, describes how people can be influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors on a largely emotional, rather than rational, basis. When individuals are affected by mob mentality, they may make different decisions than they would have individually."

How many times have we heard, or even said to ourselves, "It seemed like a good idea, at the time. I guess I got a little carried away with the group."?
It's one thing to get "carried away" while in a group. It's quite another thing to book plane tickets, get accommodations and pack your freaky outfits/Trump flags/Confederate flags/etc and put yourself in that group. It's not like they just showed up and said "Oh, I wonder what's going on here? Think I'll join in!"

It's one thing to get "carried away" while in a group. It's quite another thing to book plane tickets, get accommodations and pack your freaky outfits/Trump flags/Confederate flags/etc and put yourself in that group. It's not like they just showed up and said "Oh, I wonder what's going on here? Think I'll join in!"
Especially when you have a telling sweatshirt made for you ahead of time...

#premeditatedMAGAcivilwarmerch
6078D230-4460-4FD1-AD51-F4C8179C847A.jpeg

Of course the rioters who voice "destroy america" aren't actually saying the same thing? Having worked for years at Protest central in Vancouver, seditious slogans both verbal and written have been mainstays of protests from progressives for a long time.

Especially when you have a telling sweatshirt made for you ahead of time...

#premeditatedMAGAcivilwarmerch
View attachment 64355

That's just some really weak ass graphic design attempts too. It's a clear dollar store rip off of the marvel comic book series, but super poorly done.

But sure, this was totally a spontaneous event from frustrated citizens and not planned months ahead and widely discussed on public social media forums (let alone on whatever was private).

Back