• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Vance - Inappropriate conduct?

So now the minister is an accessory to hiding OP honor violations. Any credibility left is now gone for the CAF to actually enforce and uphold OP honor in my opinion.
In the time honoured and best kept tradition of the military, just STFU and do what we tell you, don't worry about what other people are doing.

Aaaaand Gary Walbourne just threw Sajjan under the bus. Cabinet shuffle in 3... 2... 1...

Former ombudsman says he warned Sajjan about allegations against Gen. Vance 3 years ago​

Wow, that's pretty damning.

I keep having to remind myself that this kind of horseshit is exactly why we need Op Honour (and some kind of completely independent reporting chain), as well as a mechanism to charge and CM absolutely everyone in uniform.

Wow, that's pretty damning.

I keep having to remind myself that this kind of horseshit is exactly why we need Op Honour (and some kind of completely independent reporting chain), as well as a mechanism to charge and CM absolutely everyone in uniform.
Not to worry! Once there's a political officer in every ship, flight, regiment and battalion, they'll get a firm grip on all that sort of thing.

Not to worry! Once there's a political officer in every ship, flight, regiment and battalion, they'll get a firm grip on all that sort of thing.
Now that the door has opened to having a space force, we may as well go all in and roll out Commisars. Who is going to argue with someone with a bolt pistol and a chainsword?

Now that the door has opened to having a space force, we may as well go all in and roll out Commisars. Who is going to argue with someone with a bolt pistol and a chainsword?
Does that make us space marines? Or imperial guard?

spaceballs GIF

Imperial guard I think; Space Marines were genetically modified giant superhumans and all male (something to do with descending from the Emperor's genes) who I don't think had any sex drive for the most part. (That probably opens up a whole thread of arguements, so I'm probably wrong/not 100% accurate there.)

Anyway, I'm going with the Guard. But power armor would be pretty cool.

Imperial guard I think; Space Marines were genetically modified giant superhumans and all male (something to do with descending from the Emperor's genes) who I don't think had any sex drive for the most part. (That probably opens up a whole thread of arguements, so I'm probably wrong/not 100% accurate there.)

Anyway, I'm going with the Guard. But power armor would be pretty cool.
A selfie I took on my last overseas trip

Attachments

• selfie.jpg
    selfie.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 5
Link removed as per site quidelines

A little more detail from the NP, liberals on committee try to blame Walbourne for not going to the police with the allegations, and Sajjan says he doesn't agree with the testimony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obfuscation. Alleged conduct wasn’t applicable to the Criminal Code of Canada, which is, as at least many of us know, quite separate from the National Defence Act.

Obfuscation. Alleged conduct wasn’t applicable to the Criminal Code of Canada, which is, as at least many of us know, quite separate from the National Defence Act.
Unfortunately, the majority of the people outside of the military (and some within) do not know that, so it will look good in the media. It is despicable that they would resort to such tactics.

Minister is being called back to testify
I think the article states that the four Conservatives are calling for the committee to call the Minister back. It will be interesting to see if the six Liberal members will shut that down and where the NDP member will stand.

🤔

I think the article states that the four Conservatives are calling for the committee to call the Minister back. It will be interesting to see if the six Liberal members will shut that down and where the NDP member will stand.

🤔
Is there any doubt? Lib: "There is nothing more that we need to hear from the minister. I am certain that the minister would never lie to this committee especially on an issue as dear to his heart as honour. We would only be wasting his valuable time." The NDP will side with the conservatives. They like any opportunity that comes along that demonstrates that they aren't the liberal's lapdogs but which won't provoke an election.

A lot of big allegations against the minister, lying to the committee, covering up an Op honor violation, and cutting off funding to the ombudsman for bringing it all forward

Except with procurement the way it is, it will take 10 years to purchase them and they can only be repaired in the factory.

Back