• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP Selections FY 2021-2022

Did anyone get any offers or any news this week?
I emailed my recruited asking about selection.
Apparently there's still a lot of spots open. Additionally, the next round of selection is May 18th

I emailed my recruited asking about selection.
Apparently there's still a lot of spots open. Additionally, the next round of selection is May 18th
Corona is slowing everything down with the recruitment process, so I wouldn't worry, you're going to get an offer, it just may take a little longer than usual.

Finished the admin for my application back in February. Saw on the CF application portal my application was still on "Medical Completed", so I sent my CT broker an email WRT the status mid-March. They told me not to worry more or less but it later turned out that the local recruiting centre did not know I had already completed a medical, and as such I missed the April selection round. Only as of a few days ago am I now on "Ready for Competition List". First choice is Log O. How worried should I be?

Last edited:
Finished the admin for my application back in February. Saw on the CF application portal my application was still on "Medical Completed", so I sent my CT broker an email WRT the status mid-March. They told me not to worry more or less but it later turned out that the local recruiting centre did not know I had already completed a medical, and as such I missed the April selection round. Only as of a few days ago am I now on "Ready for Competition List". First choice is Log O. How worried should I be?
I assume your reserves since your doing a component transfer right? No you should not be worried in the slightest, they still have not filled a lot of positions at RMC, and there is another selection round happening in May, so if you're on the comp list by then, you should be set to receive an offer.

I assume your reserves since your doing a component transfer right? No you should not be worried in the slightest, they still have not filled a lot of positions at RMC, and there is another selection round happening in May, so if you're on the comp list by then, you should be set to receive an offer.
Yes, that's correct.
Well, I will be reassured for now. Have you picked your degree yet?

I choose engineering, wbu?
Faculty yeah, engineering. I guess you haven't selected a degree though? Wonder whenabouts they ask, perhaps when they contact you with their offer. I'd like to do computer or mechanical engineering but I'm uncertain that they'd allow it for the logistics trade. In the case that they only offer those degrees listed under 'preferred' I will do a chem degree. Although, around 40% of the graduates from RMC are in engineering, and I doubt that is representative of the actual distribution in the military officer trades.

Faculty yeah, engineering. I guess you haven't selected a degree though? Wonder whenabouts they ask, perhaps when they contact you with their offer. I'd like to do computer or mechanical engineering but I'm uncertain that they'd allow it for the logistics trade. In the case that they only offer those degrees listed under 'preferred' I will do a chem degree. Although, around 40% of the graduates from RMC are in engineering, and I doubt that is representative of the actual distribution in the military officer trades.
Engineering at RMC is general for year one, so you don't select the specific engineering degree until the beginning of year 2, that being said I'm looking to do computer engineering. I think every program other than the sciences is like that. I already received an offer for ROTP signal officer and on the offer it tells you what program you going to be doing at RMC.

Engineering at RMC is general for year one, so you don't select the specific engineering degree until the beginning of year 2, that being said I'm looking to do computer engineering. I think every program other than the sciences is like that. I already received an offer for ROTP signal officer and on the offer it tells you what program you going to be doing at RMC.
Interesting, thanks for the information. Hopefully I will see you there haha.

BTW, you can check which degrees are compatible with your trade via scrolling to the bottom on this link: "Canadian Military Colleges - Universities with a Difference". For logistics officer, every degree, including computer and mechanical engineering is compatible.
Interesting, thanks for the information. Hopefully I will see you there haha.
Don't worry bro, you will get an offer.

Finished the admin for my application back in February. Saw on the CF application portal my application was still on "Medical Completed", so I sent my CT broker an email WRT the status mid-March. They told me not to worry more or less but it later turned out that the local recruiting centre did not know I had already completed a medical, and as such I missed the April selection round. Only as of a few days ago am I now on "Ready for Competition List". First choice is Log O. How worried should I be
My online portal shows medical completed and I am not getting more information from my recruiting centre. I also applied for engineering programs.

Has anyone who has received an offer know exactly when their enrolment ceremony is happening?

My online portal shows medical completed and I am not getting more information from my recruiting centre. I also applied for engineering programs.
I noticed you mentioned you have previously tried emailing and calling them.
Double check that the recruiting centre is aware you have a valid medical, because in my case, they attempted to book me in for an in-person medical thinking I was a recruit not currently enrolled in the system. It was impossible for me as a reservist with the current SOPs in place to actually get an in-person medical, and the phone medical conducted in February sufficed.
I was in contact with someone on Reddit who mentioned they had also done a second, in-person medical after their first, but they were also CT-ROTP for the year 2020. This is likely not the case, but make sure you don't have to do a second medical.

Thanks everyone for your reply. Did anyone here get an offer for engineering programs? My all three choices are for engineering. Thanks

I noticed you mentioned you have previously tried emailing and calling them.
Double check that the recruiting centre is aware you have a valid medical, because in my case, they attempted to book me in for an in-person medical thinking I was a recruit not currently enrolled in the system. It was impossible for me as a reservist with the current SOPs in place to actually get an in-person medical, and the phone medical conducted in February sufficed.
I was in contact with someone on Reddit who mentioned they had also done a second, in-person medical after their first, but they were also CT-ROTP for the year 2020. This is likely not the case, but make sure you don't have to do a second medical.
Thanks...the email response I got from the recruiting centre is that medical takes a considerable amount of time so I should wait to here from them but my file is showing medical complete since February.

Thanks...the email response I got from the recruiting centre is that medical takes a considerable amount of time so I should wait to here from them but my file is showing medical complete since February.
What kind/s of medical have you done already? That sounds really shitty man, I'm sorry to hear.

What kind/s of medical have you done already? That sounds really shitty man, I'm sorry to hear.
It's the medical exam that is done after the interview is complete. It's my first time applying to RMC :)

Back