• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DND 404 - Driver's Licence ( merged )

The "improvement" to DND 404 would be to merge them with the NDI20. But then we couldn't have 2 kingdoms to run...

The "improvement" to DND 404 would be to merge them with the NDI20. But then we couldn't have 2 kingdoms to run...
Or...and hear me out here...

Do what the Americans do with their Combined Access Card and merge the NDI 20, 404, PKI, door lock, and restricted access cards into one. Have a common card reader/loader that you update as part of your out-routine on your old unit, and in-routine to your new unit.

Do what the Americans do with their Combined Access Card and merge the NDI 20, 404, PKI, door lock, and restricted access cards into one. Have a common card reader/loader that you update as part of your out-routine on your old unit, and in-routine to your new unit.
And just what do you expect the folks to do in those positions? Go back to something operationally useful.? You're just not seeing the big picture Seabass....

The level of coordination that would require between MPs, MSE, SSC, RP Ops and unit USS is completely beyond the CAF's capabilities... would require some sort of National Defense Headquarters to issue direction and orders...
At least on airbases, the folks doing this stuff are Commissionaires.

Take it as you will.
Commissionaires and civvies on the front line, but I have no doubt we could fill a Coy-sized element with all the individual stovepipes of uniformed individuals controlling those cards combined.

The level of coordination that would require between MPs, MSE, SSC, RP Ops and unit USS is completely beyond the CAF's capabilities... would require some sort of National Defense Headquarters to issue direction and orders...
If only there was one...

That's old tech. The way ahead is smartphone based, 'touch free and COVID Friendly' access, of course :)

The enhanced role of touch-free and mobile access solutions drive a new normal​

The coronavirus has dramatically altered our personal and professional views and expectations about healthy buildings and transmission of diseases in high traffic environments. As a result, “touch-free” is no longer just a catch phrase when it comes to access control solutions.​

Often, the touch-free conversation is tied with the need for mobile access solutions. While the two approaches are not interchangeable, both are ideal choices to reduce hand-to-door contact in high traffic public areas such as office lobbies and entry ways, healthcare facilities, restaurants, schools, and restrooms. When combined, they offer contactless, barrier-free and user-friendly access that assure secure entry, minimize high frequency touchpoints, and reduce the spread of germs.​

Or national / international standards for drivers licenses that do not support virtual cards.

You know

You know they have much more advanced tools for that, right?

Similarly:
The Field Ration Eating Device (F.R.E.D. or FRED) is a small device which serves as a combination of a can opener, a bottle opener, and a spoon. Introduced around 1943, it is issued to the Australian Defence Force in its CR1M ration packs.[1]

It is also humorously referred to as the "Fucking Ridiculous Eating Device".
[2][3][4]

Just received my temporary 404s. What do I do next? Is there a road test needed or do I need to do Driver Wheeled to get permanent 404s?

Yes. It' an A1/B1 training permit. I've emailed my transport rep if there's a road test or anything needed, and my section commander if there's any Driver Wheeled or air brakes coming up.

Yes. It' an A1/B1 training permit. I've emailed my transport rep if there's a road test or anything needed, and my section commander if there's any Driver Wheeled or air brakes coming up.

If you have a civie drivers without restrictions, you should be able to get A1/B1 after completing the Safe Driving Course on DLN. You could always check in with MSE Safety for the next steps which should include getting you photo taken for your permanent 404's.

I did that, that's how I was issued temporary 404s. The transport coordinator got back to me and there are plans for road tests at the end of the month, and my section commander and I are looking into driver wheel courses running this fall.

Back