• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP Selections FY 2021-2022

Hello,

I'm applying for this year's RMC program, and because of the misunderstanding that my centre did, I am on the "ready for competition list" since last week. They thought I was going to reserves so they stopped the processing, and called me last week to check where I freaked out because I never thought about it. My 3 choices are Air ops, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, and Logistics. Is the selection still going on? I
m scared that the late processing might have resulted in a negative way

thank you

Hello,

I'm applying for this year's RMC program, and because of the misunderstanding that my centre did, I am on the "ready for competition list" since last week. They thought I was going to reserves so they stopped the processing, and called me last week to check where I freaked out because I never thought about it. My 3 choices are Air ops, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, and Logistics. Is the selection still going on? I
m scared that the late processing might have resulted in a negative way

thank you
They’re going to be sending out offers even as late as June and into July, so there’s still definitely a chance. I believe the second round of selections happened about a week ago, but that doesn’t mean you won’t get an offer.

I applied for LogO and I am in CL for almost 3 weeks. Are they still selecting people? Do I still have chance?

I applied for LogO and I am in CL for almost 3 weeks. Are they still selecting people? Do I still have chance?
Yeah, theres certainly still a chance to be selected. As the post above you says, they are selecting people into July.
Keep your hopes up! There's probably more people still waiting for offers than people who have received them as of yet.

I started my application in the beginning of September and have done my CFAT test and my Medical check up relatively early. I also went to Trenton for my Aircrew Selection Course/Test for my Pilot trade and have passed with a fairly competitive result score. They have sent me an email on April 20 saying that my medical files have been sent to Ottawa for review, but I still haven't gotten anything back from them yet. Do I just need to wait more? Also, I'm currently taking my final English course with a spare right now and the rest of my courses have a combined average of 96%. Is this not a high enough average to get into my trade or just RMC in general?

I started my application in the beginning of September and have done my CFAT test and my Medical check up relatively early. I also went to Trenton for my Aircrew Selection Course/Test for my Pilot trade and have passed with a fairly competitive result score. They have sent me an email on April 20 saying that my medical files have been sent to Ottawa for review, but I still haven't gotten anything back from them yet. Do I just need to wait more? Also, I'm currently taking my final English course with a spare right now and the rest of my courses have a combined average of 96%. Is this not a high enough average to get into my trade or just RMC in general?
Bruh, are u all good lol? A 96% could literally get u into waterloo engineering lol; it can deff get u into rmc. I got my offer for rmc with a 90% average, ur all good man. Also, rmc does not really care about your marks after you submit your marks on the portal, you just have to maintain a 75% average after. I'm not sure if the selection committee looks into your marks, but I would recommend sending in updated transcripts to your recruitment centre, so they can put it on your file. You just need to wait a little longer, COVID-19 is slowing everything down. Don't worry, you will get an offer!

A 96 is insanely high, you’re golden dude. I got pilot and my average is like an 88 to give you an idea. Have you contacted your recruiting centre recently to see if there’s any progress? If not, you should do that ASAP. Things have been slowing down a lot unfortunately due to COVID so it is possible you’re just stuck waiting.

I don't know how hard the B.B.B. profile for French is (i just finished 2nd year, I probably won't be attempting the bbb test till next September 2022 or when I am in 4th year). But the goal is to be able to communicate basic stuff and be able to give commands/orders, etc. I think pretty much most people get their bbb profile in 1st semester of 4th year. And when I say "most people" I mean people who came to rmc w/o any french knowledge( if you still remember french or are working on it, you might get a bbb profile or be placed into higher level french course once you take the placement test in september) . Most people struggle with speaking french. If you slacked off (didn't do your french hw or put enough effort) you may not get a b.b.b. profile and will be PRBed(progress review board aka potential removal from rotp) before graduation. Basically from what I have seen everyone pretty much gets B or better(C, D, E) in reading and writing (B.B.-). The oral component is the killer as some people end up getting an A. Therefore they finish rotp with a B.B.A. and may not graduate as you need a B.B.B. (A is worse than a B, B is worse than a C, etc. E is native i think)

Honestly, I can't explain everything. Some stuff WILL be explained to you and remember to use common sense. And dont fuck around to find out. If your curfew time is 11pm just be there 15 min early. Don't be a ass like my roommate who'd show up 5min after the curfew. My supervisor(senior student 3rd/4th year) did fuck all except say shit like "hE iS youR rEsPonSiBiliTy" and telling me to call him or text him for 10-20min almost every other fucking night. Dont take a shit in the middle of the dormitory hallway. Or do a wheelie with your motorcycle in a dorm hallway... Yeah these incidents happened last year if you're wondering...

Winterball is a huge party before Christmas. Everyone gets wasted at the mess. People bring their girlfriends or boyfriends. Its a pretty big event and I heard ladies from QueensU are desperate to go to RMC Winterball. I heard a tale of a lad who couldn't find a date on tinder, changed his bio to include RMC Winterball prior to the event... boom got a instant date... lol. You can read a bit more here below about winterball. I skipped it in 1st year, it didn't happen last year and I don't know if it will happen this year.

I don't remember what the purpose of Storming of the boat was. But I think I remember raiding that building that one night when we were all wasted and the first years in that building tried keeping us out lolol.

There's also 200dtg( 200 days till grad) you switch your uniform stuff with 4th years and basically 4th years become 1st years and 1st years become 4th years for that day(you can participate or not its just for fun) . You'll wake them up at 5am, make em do PT outside their rooms, fuck around with the college wide cadet email system(idk if this makes sense but 1st years could send shitposts to +1200 cadets and you'd get long ass email threads all day on 200dtg). And before all of this happens 4th years make some questions like "why did I get in trouble in 2nd year?" Or "wake up OCdt Bloggins by kicking his door at 5am and record the reaction" its funny shit like that, that you have to do to get the 4th years uniform before 200dtg
Hey, do you remember what you had to buy and bring to RMC when you were in first year? Also when do they administer the force and rmc pt test?

If anyone was wondering you guys (Class of 2025) won't be going to CFLRS for BMOQ mod 1 this summer. Confirmed like 2 weeks ago lol.

"The Fall term will again be modified as a result of COVID and the requirement to continue with force protection measures. At this time, it is anticipated that academics will be delivered online for the term, with about half of the Cadet Wing being onsite for other Pillar requirements. The incoming 1st Years will not undergo basic training at CFLRS prior to arriving at RMC which means we’ll once again run a Military Indoctrination Program (MIP) prior to starting FYOP. In addition to having 1st Years on campus, we’ll be bringing back a number of 3rd and 4th Years for Military, Fitness and Bilingualism purposes. All N/OCdts must be prepared to return to RMC at any time." - RMC Director of Cadets
Hey, do you remember what you had to buy and bring to RMC when you were in first year? Also when do they administer the force and rmc pt test?

Minimize the stuff you bring with you. A couple shirts, pants, a jacket, a hoodie/sweater. Make sure the shit you bring is appropriate. (Don't bring ripped jeans, or baggy clothes, etc.) Bring some hygiene stuff that will last for at least a month. HIGHLY recommend bringing lint rollers, shoe shining kit, your parade boots from cadets, etc. (lint rollers & shoe shining kit at the canex are always sold out lol) Bring a decent laptop or pc.. trust me you don't wanna walk around campus all the time to go to the computer lab or library. Bring like $200-$300 just in case for the first month. I'd be careful about bringing stuff like wall decorations (posters, flags and shit).
There's some stuff that first years aren't allowed like mini fridges, foam mattresses, etc. Once you go into 2nd year you are allowed to have them in your room.

Both PT tests happened around mid October last year I think. Dont worry you'll be practicing the PPT components during FYOP.
Force test is so easy to pass, didn't even practice that when we did it at bootcamp.

If anyone was wondering you guys (Class of 2025) won't be going to CFLRS for BMOQ mod 1 this summer. Confirmed like 2 weeks ago lol.

"The Fall term will again be modified as a result of COVID and the requirement to continue with force protection measures. At this time, it is anticipated that academics will be delivered online for the term, with about half of the Cadet Wing being onsite for other Pillar requirements. The incoming 1st Years will not undergo basic training at CFLRS prior to arriving at RMC which means we’ll once again run a Military Indoctrination Program (MIP) prior to starting FYOP. In addition to having 1st Years on campus, we’ll be bringing back a number of 3rd and 4th Years for Military, Fitness and Bilingualism purposes. All N/OCdts must be prepared to return to RMC at any time." - RMC Director of Cadets

Minimize the stuff you bring with you. A couple shirts, pants, a jacket, a hoodie/sweater. Make sure the shit you bring is appropriate. (Don't bring ripped jeans, or baggy clothes, etc.) Bring some hygiene stuff that will last for at least a month. HIGHLY recommend bringing lint rollers, shoe shining kit, your parade boots from cadets, etc. (lint rollers & shoe shining kit at the canex are always sold out lol) Bring a decent laptop or pc.. trust me you don't wanna walk around campus all the time to go to the computer lab or library. Bring like $200-$300 just in case for the first month. I'd be careful about bringing stuff like wall decorations (posters, flags and shit).
There's some stuff that first years aren't allowed like mini fridges, foam mattresses, etc. Once you go into 2nd year you are allowed to have them in your room.

Both PT tests happened around mid October last year I think. Dont worry you'll be practicing the PPT components during FYOP.
Force test is so easy to pass, didn't even practice that when we did it at bootcamp.
So 1st years will be on campus for the first semester while doing online school? And for the "decent laptop", i have a mac with 16gb of ram, is that decent enough? For computer programs for engineering that require windows, would an emulator suffice?

So 1st years will be on campus for the first semester while doing online school? And for the "decent laptop", i have a mac with 16gb of ram, is that decent enough? For computer programs for engineering that require windows, would an emulator suffice?

Yeah it seems like the people on campus will be doing online school in their rooms for maybe just the first semester. Your laptop specs are fine. I brought a shitty broken laptop from 2014. Always had to use the school computers. Since everythings online nowadays I would buy a decent computer (not a cheap chrombook, or a expensive gaming computer). Maybe RMC might be more online after the pandemic ends. They did upgrade the school network during the pandemic. And profs could change the delivery of the courses to online and stuff like assignment submission to online.

My laptop had 4 gb of ram, wifi would disconnect randomly, broken mouse pad, slow mechanical hard drive.

I'd recommend bringing a device with at least 8gb of ram, and a SSD (solid state drive). SSD boots up your device really fast (a couple seconds) compared to the traditional hard disk drives (HDD) which take several minutes. Apps like excel, word and engineering softwares will open up faster with a ssd.
You are just wasting time if you wait 5min for your pc to boot up. Then another 2-3 minutes for excel or Word to load. Then you go for dinner and come back and you forgot to plug in your laptop now you have to repeat the process again. And perhaps you may repeat the process several times throughout the day. Waiting 2 or 3min will add up to like 30 minutes or more if you know what I mean. RMC is a hectic environment for engineers, so you will want to use your time wisely.

I wasted so much time in first year with my shitty laptop. Like my laptop would breakdown sometimes and I would have to go to the computer lab. Then you have to remember the login infos for the computer login, school website, email, Google drive, etc. The login information were saved on my laptop. But on the school computers the information isn't saved so yeah its a lot of wasted time and frustration if you forget a password.

Also recommend bringing a small printer. I have a hp ink jet or deskjet or whatever its called. Sometimes you'll be making leavepasses or printing something important. You really don't want to walk to the library and back to your room 5 times because your comsec finds a new mistake on your leave pass everytime you fix it. Or if they change the format several times throughout the day which can become very annoying.

There is a free printer in the library. Which I use for stuff due in a couple days. But for urgent stuff, leave passes, and if its late at night and I'm in my underwear. Fuck that, I ain't getting dressed to go to the library at that point.

Hello!

I was doing my daily application portal check, and yesterday it showed me as "selected". Does that mean I'm 100% in? and I will be getting my offer very soon?

thank you

Hello!

I was doing my daily application portal check, and yesterday it showed me as "selected". Does that mean I'm 100% in? and I will be getting my offer very soon?

thank you
Yup, congratulations! You got in! Now all you have to do is wait a week or two for your call or email.

Hello!

thank you
yup, ur in congrats

Yeah it seems like the people on campus will be doing online school in their rooms for maybe just the first semester. Your laptop specs are fine. I brought a shitty broken laptop from 2014. Always had to use the school computers. Since everythings online nowadays I would buy a decent computer (not a cheap chrombook, or a expensive gaming computer). Maybe RMC might be more online after the pandemic ends. They did upgrade the school network during the pandemic. And profs could change the delivery of the courses to online and stuff like assignment submission to online.

My laptop had 4 gb of ram, wifi would disconnect randomly, broken mouse pad, slow mechanical hard drive.

I'd recommend bringing a device with at least 8gb of ram, and a SSD (solid state drive). SSD boots up your device really fast (a couple seconds) compared to the traditional hard disk drives (HDD) which take several minutes. Apps like excel, word and engineering softwares will open up faster with a ssd.
You are just wasting time if you wait 5min for your pc to boot up. Then another 2-3 minutes for excel or Word to load. Then you go for dinner and come back and you forgot to plug in your laptop now you have to repeat the process again. And perhaps you may repeat the process several times throughout the day. Waiting 2 or 3min will add up to like 30 minutes or more if you know what I mean. RMC is a hectic environment for engineers, so you will want to use your time wisely.

I wasted so much time in first year with my shitty laptop. Like my laptop would breakdown sometimes and I would have to go to the computer lab. Then you have to remember the login infos for the computer login, school website, email, Google drive, etc. The login information were saved on my laptop. But on the school computers the information isn't saved so yeah its a lot of wasted time and frustration if you forget a password.

Also recommend bringing a small printer. I have a hp ink jet or deskjet or whatever its called. Sometimes you'll be making leavepasses or printing something important. You really don't want to walk to the library and back to your room 5 times because your comsec finds a new mistake on your leave pass everytime you fix it. Or if they change the format several times throughout the day which can become very annoying.

There is a free printer in the library. Which I use for stuff due in a couple days. But for urgent stuff, leave passes, and if its late at night and I'm in my underwear. Fuck that, I ain't getting dressed to go to the library at that point.
thanks for all the advice u have given bro, what is FYOP like, what sshould i do to prepare myself because I hear it is like hell.

thanks for all the advice u have given bro, what is FYOP like, what sshould i do to prepare myself because I hear it is like hell.
I'll explain FYOP a bit. It's 3 weeks, where every morning you wake up to some heavy metal, yelling and screaming, doors being kicked and punched at like 0500 in the morning. You get out of your rooms in like 10 seconds and start doing push-ups or planks while waiting for the slow kids. Get used to sleeping on top of your made bed. You need to make your beds and tidy your rooms if necessary after you go to sleep, so do it fast cause you don't get much time to sleep. Put your towel under your door so no light creeps out, close your window blinds, and then cover your peek hole on the door if you have one. Personally, I slept in my combats. All except the boots and tunic. So I'd wake up, get out of bed and be ready. You need to shave the night before too, and brush your teeth if you can. Week one sucks. Like really fuckin bad in my opinion. The next two weeks are annoying because you have classes, and after that you have nothing to do cause you don't have homework, you're not allowed to use social media, YouTube, video games, etc. So, do it but don't get caught. The second weeks aren't as bad, but they're annoying. The main thing is, be prepared to do.the same stupid fucking thing over and over and over and over and over. Like, "everyone's shirts must be folded in the next 5 minutes!" and then when they're not they'll pt you, fuck up your shirts, and then make you do it again. So many goddamn times. Also, make sure that your sink is ALWAYS dry. Even if you're gonna be late getting back into the hallway. If you're late in the hall you'll do pt. If your sink is set, they'll "flood" your room which is where you bring every single thing out of your room and on top of your mattress, and then you put it all back to inspection standard within like 20 minutes.

Honestly man I think it's really stupid. I didn't learn a single valuable thing during FYOP other than that I now know I can live through something that shitty. I already knew I could though because I made it through basic. I hope you like it, and I hope you find something valuable in it. Like I said, most people say they enjoy it. I don't know if they're lying to sound cool, or lying to themselves, or both because it was super terrible. Like, I hate having my time wasted so it was just three weeks of me being super pissed off. Idk though, I was older than the people around me and had been out of school a couple years so I guess I just didn't handle kids my age telling me that I sucked at folding shirts, when I knew damn well they had never paid a bill or done their own taxes, very well lmao.

Understand that FYOP was initially implemented because basic training for officer cadets didn't exist. Now it's just a tradition. A bad one. Basically you have to learn when every building on campus was built. You have to know the names.of all the old 18 (the first dudes to ever attend the college, big whoop) in a specific order. You have to learn the name of every squadron, the colour assigned to it, and it's mascot. You have to remember the names of all the Top 5 (Cadet wing commander or CWC, Deputy CWC or DCWC, Cadet wing Training officer or CWTO, Cadet wing admin of. Or CWado, Cadet wing operations of. Or CWOpso). Then you need to know the name of every Cadet Squadron Leader (CSL) and which squadron they're affiliated to, and the same for every CFL (Cadet flight leader). Your days will be spent doing random shit like fitness, beastings for not knowing all the information above, inspection "prep". Oh yes, you are also supposed to know the anthem, the bilingual version. The RMC cheer, and God save the queen. The last two are most important and fairly easy.

1 Squadron: Dark Blue, Spider. 2 Squadron: Red, Griffin. 3 Squadron (Grizzly): Dark Green, Bear. 4 Squadron (Frontenac): Light blue, Shark. 5 Squadron: Crimson, Pheonix. 6 Squadron (Grant): Yellow, Pirate. 7 Squadron (Wolfe): Grey, Wolf. 8 Squadron: Light green, bulldog. 9 Squadron: Orange, Tiger. 10 Squadron (Montcalm): White, Dragon. 11 Squadron (I think it's Hudson): Brown, Deer. 12 Squadron: Purple, Beaver.

Here's the cheer, so you can get a minor heads up. Someone will shout "gimme a beer!" To which everyone will respond "Beer! Esses emma TDV! Who can stop old RMC? Shrapnel, cordite, NCT. R M C HOO-AH!

For the FYOP knowledge portion, If you want to show up prepared. Basically memorize the Cadet ranks, building names, squadron (names, numbers, colours, mascots, barslate), first 18, "God save the queen", other RMC cheers.

I'll explain FYOP a bit. It's 3 weeks, where every morning you wake up to some heavy metal, yelling and screaming, doors being kicked and punched at like 0500 in the morning. You get out of your rooms in like 10 seconds and start doing push-ups or planks while waiting for the slow kids. Get used to sleeping on top of your made bed. You need to make your beds and tidy your rooms if necessary after you go to sleep, so do it fast cause you don't get much time to sleep. Put your towel under your door so no light creeps out, close your window blinds, and then cover your peek hole on the door if you have one. Personally, I slept in my combats. All except the boots and tunic. So I'd wake up, get out of bed and be ready. You need to shave the night before too, and brush your teeth if you can. Week one sucks. Like really fuckin bad in my opinion. The next two weeks are annoying because you have classes, and after that you have nothing to do cause you don't have homework, you're not allowed to use social media, YouTube, video games, etc. So, do it but don't get caught. The second weeks aren't as bad, but they're annoying. The main thing is, be prepared to do.the same stupid fucking thing over and over and over and over and over. Like, "everyone's shirts must be folded in the next 5 minutes!" and then when they're not they'll pt you, fuck up your shirts, and then make you do it again. So many goddamn times. Also, make sure that your sink is ALWAYS dry. Even if you're gonna be late getting back into the hallway. If you're late in the hall you'll do pt. If your sink is set, they'll "flood" your room which is where you bring every single thing out of your room and on top of your mattress, and then you put it all back to inspection standard within like 20 minutes.

Honestly man I think it's really stupid. I didn't learn a single valuable thing during FYOP other than that I now know I can live through something that shitty. I already knew I could though because I made it through basic. I hope you like it, and I hope you find something valuable in it. Like I said, most people say they enjoy it. I don't know if they're lying to sound cool, or lying to themselves, or both because it was super terrible. Like, I hate having my time wasted so it was just three weeks of me being super pissed off. Idk though, I was older than the people around me and had been out of school a couple years so I guess I just didn't handle kids my age telling me that I sucked at folding shirts, when I knew damn well they had never paid a bill or done their own taxes, very well lmao.

Understand that FYOP was initially implemented because basic training for officer cadets didn't exist. Now it's just a tradition. A bad one. Basically you have to learn when every building on campus was built. You have to know the names.of all the old 18 (the first dudes to ever attend the college, big whoop) in a specific order. You have to learn the name of every squadron, the colour assigned to it, and it's mascot. You have to remember the names of all the Top 5 (Cadet wing commander or CWC, Deputy CWC or DCWC, Cadet wing Training officer or CWTO, Cadet wing admin of. Or CWado, Cadet wing operations of. Or CWOpso). Then you need to know the name of every Cadet Squadron Leader (CSL) and which squadron they're affiliated to, and the same for every CFL (Cadet flight leader). Your days will be spent doing random shit like fitness, beastings for not knowing all the information above, inspection "prep". Oh yes, you are also supposed to know the anthem, the bilingual version. The RMC cheer, and God save the queen. The last two are most important and fairly easy.

1 Squadron: Dark Blue, Spider. 2 Squadron: Red, Griffin. 3 Squadron (Grizzly): Dark Green, Bear. 4 Squadron (Frontenac): Light blue, Shark. 5 Squadron: Crimson, Pheonix. 6 Squadron (Grant): Yellow, Pirate. 7 Squadron (Wolfe): Grey, Wolf. 8 Squadron: Light green, bulldog. 9 Squadron: Orange, Tiger. 10 Squadron (Montcalm): White, Dragon. 11 Squadron (I think it's Hudson): Brown, Deer. 12 Squadron: Purple, Beaver.

Here's the cheer, so you can get a minor heads up. Someone will shout "gimme a beer!" To which everyone will respond "Beer! Esses emma TDV! Who can stop old RMC? Shrapnel, cordite, NCT. R M C HOO-AH!

For the FYOP knowledge portion, If you want to show up prepared. Basically memorize the Cadet ranks, building names, squadron (names, numbers, colours, mascots, barslate), first 18, "God save the queen", other RMC cheers.
bro thx for all the advice, what advice would u have for first year engineering, like what are the harder courses and what studying habits should i pick up on. Also, what clubs and intramural sports are there and which of these do you recommend for fun as well as time balancing, the rmc website is not up-to-date on that?

to add onto this jman, probably a good idea to bring doubles of everything, such as toiletries and running shoes (cheap pair for inspection). they have you label your kit on BMQ (which can smudge if youre using the toiletries) and the placement and distance of your toiletries and notebook/pen will matter. leave the doubles on display and hide your regular toiletries. there's always a place where you can lock up your kit, such as a duffle bag, and it's fair game to put whatever in. also, bring a ruler.

once you get your Logistik account you can order five free pairs of the three kinds of socks, and get five free undershirts a year at base clothing stores. these are good to bring in case you or others are short a pair for some odd reason.

because of Covid, they did not inspect toiletry/clothing drawers on my DP1, but they did on BMQ. additionally, there's always someone that leaves a shit in the toilet and doesn't flush.

Last edited:
So, do it but don't get caught.
Terrible advise. Living a life of lies is not compatible with being an officer.

Understand that FYOP was initially implemented because basic training for officer cadets didn't exist. Now it's just a tradition.
Not accurate. FYOP was introduced in 2001/2002 timeframe to replace Rook Term. Even when BOTC and then BOTP (what BMQ-O used to be called) was running during the summer before starting RMC, FYOP ran. It is an indoctrination to the College and its traditions, and a means to re-enforce basic discipline, something that BOTC/BOTP/BMQ-O does not provide. Rook term goes way back. It is hardly anything new nevermind a means to address the lack of basic training pre-RMC.

A really shitty attitude to have. Regardless of how you see a course or event, take that time (for which you are paid by the way) to learn something new. I find it hard to believe that in three weeks you did not learn a single valuable thing. Get used to being led by people younger than you. Some people progress faster than others. Accept it and be a team player. Don’t make it harder on those in charge for stupid reasons like “they are older/less experienced/etc”

bro thx for all the advice, what advice would u have for first year engineering, like what are the harder courses and what studying habits should i pick up on. Also, what clubs and intramural sports are there and which of these do you recommend for fun as well as time balancing, the rmc website is not up-to-date on that?

Stay around the good and smart engineering kids. I'm with some shitpumps and people who shouldn't be in engineering that I have to carry on group projects and shit. Harder courses are the math ones. Lots of people tend to fail calculus. Pilots are a different breed, regardless of what program they are in. They are the smartest people I know. Same with the salty ASCOs and AECs lol.

Varsity/IMs
Unless you aren't Varisty. I'd highly recommend joining the Military Skills team. You learn BMOQ stuff which may be useful for your trainings. I didn't do it in first year and regret not doing it. IMO it's a better use of time than playing fucking dodge ball. Milskills runs for a semester (fall). After that you will have to pick a IM like flag football, water polo, ice hockey, soccer, etc. Don't worry about the gear, 99% sure it's given out. IMs/Varsity are mandatory after school. I forgot to sign in twice in first year and got into shit both times. Both times was just a warning by the Cadet Squadron Training Officer (senior student tracking your attendances).

Good points by MisterBig. Gonna comment on those points. At RMC they don't look at hygiene/personal care stuff like your toothbrush, deodorant, shaving cream, mouth wash, etc. Like they would inspect at CFLRS (Bootcamp). Other shit like your rucksack, gas mask, towels and shit won't be inspected. They do look at your various military uniforms, pt gear, shoes, boots, ceremonial uniforms, Oxfords(they look for the shine), and parade boots(shined as well). Other shit fyop staff look at are dust, dry sink, windows, hospital corners, wrinkles on bedsheets, particles on your blankets. I don't think stuff like hallways, bathrooms and laundry rooms will be inspected during FYOP. But they will be for the Sqn, Div, DCdts, and Brigadier Generals inspections which is in september (entire school inspection).

You don't need to bring BASIC school supplies. School supplies will be given to you. However I'd bring your own stuff if you have preferences. I'm not gonna talk about logistiks as your FYOP staff will go over that.

Back