• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

And the probationary paramedic who was standing in the background and didn’t provide any actual treatment gets fined and given remedial evaluation because:
“...the Board notes Respondent (Morlan) had a duty to follow the protocols even in the face of a Supervising Paramedic or Medical Director’s direction to the contrary.”
WTF? indeed

And the probationary paramedic who was standing in the background and didn’t provide any actual treatment gets fined and given remedial evaluation because:

WTF? indeed
Facts are unimportant when you're playing CYA.

When the shooting erupted in Times Square and a young mother who was shot cried out ‘I don’t want to die, please help me!’, that is the moment when New Yorkers rushed to her side, pulled out their phones and took photos and videos of her.

I first heard about this Conings being on the run a week or so ago, but this puts a new spin on things.

A top COVID-19 scientist is being hunted by a far-right sniper who has gone AWOL from the army
Tom Porter
11 hours ago

Marc van Ranst

Marc Van Ranst, Belgian virologist at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and the Rega Institute for Medical Research, wears a face mask as he speaks during an interview on the Covid-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic, in Leuven, on September 11, 2020. ARIS OIKONOMOU/AFP via Getty Images
  • Belgium's leading COVID-19 expert is in hiding with his family amid an assassination threat.
  • Marc Van Rast has been placed on a hit list by a military sniper who's on the run.
  • Military instructor Jürgen Conings is on a terrorism watchlist because of his far-right beliefs.
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

Belgium's leading expert on COVID-19 is in hiding after being placed on a hit list by a rogue military sniper with ties to the far right.

Jürgen Conings, a military instructor, went on the run almost three weeks ago after making threats to Professor Marc Van Ranst, a virologist who has advised the Belgian government on restrictions to slow the spread of the coronavirus and vaccines.
According to reports, Conings had drawn up a hit list of 10 targets, including Van Ranst.
Van Ranst told BBC News that he was living in a safe house with his wife and 12-year-old son with round-the-clock security.

"The threat was very real," Van Ranst said, describing the night he and his family were forced into hiding.

"The ex-soldier, heavily armed, was on my street for three hours, right in front of my house, waiting for me to arrive home from work."
Police say that after leaving his barracks, Conings headed straight for Van Ranst's home. But Van Ranst said he'd had arrived home early that evening and was already inside when Conings began monitoring the property.

The scientist is not the only person on Coning's hit list who has been provided with enhanced protection. Het Laatste Nieuws reports that a lawyer who worked on his divorce, his ex-wife, and senior military figures involved in disciplining him for his extremist beliefs are also being shielded.

Mosques and refugee centers in the Flemish province of Limburg are also reportedly under tighter security.

Belgian authorities had said that Conings was already on a terrorism watchlist because of his far-right allegiances before he went AWOL, reported Reuters.
When he went missing, he left a note in his barracks expressing his rage at political and scientific elites.

"The so-called political elite and now also the virologists decide how you and I should live," he wrote, reported the Brussels Times. "They sow hatred and frustration, worse than it already was. And no one rebels against that. If you say anything, you will be punished."

Belgian police have launched a huge manhunt for Conings, yet he remains on the run.

Link

When the shooting erupted in Times Square and a young mother who was shot cried out ‘I don’t want to die, please help me!’, that is the moment when New Yorkers rushed to her side, pulled out their phones and took photos and videos of her.
I fear that is more a consequence of having a society that is afraid to be sued if they do the right thing.

People did the same thing in the 60s as well except they didn't have the ability to video tape then. March 13, 1964 | New York Woman Killed While Witnesses Do Nothing
From your link,
The Kitty Genovese episode became infamous, but later examination found that Gansberg had exaggerated details and presented a misleading perspective of the witnesses’ actions. All but one of the witnesses likely saw or heard only the first attack, after which Genovese walked away, giving the impression that she was all right. The second attack took place out of view of most people. Only one man saw the attack. He told another woman to call the police, but it was too late to save Genovese.
The witnesses, wrote Rasenberger, “reacted as they reportedly did not because they were apathetic or cold-hearted, but because they were confused, uncertain and afraid.”

I've been interested in that case since her killer escaped from Attica.

I was in contact with her brother, Bill, a few years ago. There was a significant delay in getting Kitty to Queen's General Hospital. She en route died in the ambulance. Bill has studied the case in great detail. Bill discovered Kitty's murder wasn't as simple as the 1964 article described it.

This was prior to the 9-1-1 system. A.M. Rosenthal went into great detail about the emergency system in NYC as it was back then.

( Bill also happens to be a USMC Vietnam War hero. Although he would never describe himself as such. )

At least this incident had a happy ending.

I hope that he gets a good trade-in on his "mother".

Kitty Genovese?
Her thread, if interested.

Why?? Just....why?? To spite your face??

Meet the completely tattooed Brazilian who removed his nose, added horns and reshaped his ears to resemble an 'orc'

De Oliveira began by stretching out his ear lobes; then injecting ink into his eyes turning them black; adding horns to his head; replacing his teeth with vampire dentures; and even splitting his tongue in half.

He eventually covered his facial tattoos by dying his skin blue and had his ears re-shaped to resemble those of an orc – a race of monstrous humanoids who represent the corrupted versions of elves and men in J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings”.

“But I would have to say that the most life-impacting, impacting modification I've done was with my nose,” he said, explaining he had it surgically removed in March and it’s taken several months to heal.

“It's still very painful because when I take a shower a lot of water goes into my nose.”

o_O

Humans are just trash. People did the same thing in the 60s as well except they didn't have the ability to video tape then. March 13, 1964 | New York Woman Killed While Witnesses Do Nothing
I disagree, in my experience there are far more good and decent people then uncaring and trash types. to give you a recent example that happened in my neighbourhood:
Teacher who survived North Vancouver stabbing hailed as ‘hero’ for fending off attacker - Peace Arch News

Back