• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greens and below but there would need to be a minimum threshold, say more then 5k votes in the last election or something.
That's actually really fair.

It would be Greens,PPC, Christian heritage, libertarians, veterans coalition and the rhinoceros party.

Harper didn't win his first election, I wonder where the tradition of waiting for a leader to grow into their role has gone.
Harper wasn't a dud. O'Toole is dud. Having said that the not sure there is much out there to offer an alternative.

I predict easy Lib majority, Cons fall deeper into being just a prairies/wester party (maybe a break in the party ?), the NDP almost ceases to exist and the Bloc holds.

I would love to see data showing this. Do you have it handy?

Go here; knock yourself out. You'll need to crunch data if you want to look at relative measures.

Labour force participation in Canada was atypically low in the mid '90s (sub-65%), peaked around 2005 and remained at/above 67% until past the "2008" threshold some studies cite, and has trended down a little since then. (Always look before and after the period the "social scientists" fixate on; ditto space as well as time.)

The obvious question is "why?"

Female labour force participation rates were lower in QC and Atlantic Canada. Why? What circumstances there depressed employment more than in other regions?

Trends observed everywhere require more sophisticated explanations than "cheap QC daycare".

Harper wasn't a dud. O'Toole is dud. Having said that the not sure there is much out there to offer an alternative.

I predict easy Lib majority, Cons fall deeper into being just a prairies/wester party (maybe a break in the party ?), the NDP almost ceases to exist and the Bloc holds.
Rona Ambrose if she had the mind to.

She doesn't.

Rona is too smart to don the lead filled PFD the current CPC gives its leaders before tossing them into the deep end.
It's the CPC party voters who keep putting duds like Scheer and O'Toole at the helm.

Also think it's fair to, after a failed election, review the post mortem and see if changes are needed.

I seem to remember the Liberals going through a couple 1 show ponies before JT took the con.

It's the CPC party voters who keep putting duds like Scheer and O'Toole at the helm.

Also think it's fair to, after a failed election, review the post mortem and see if changes are needed.

I seem to remember the Liberals going through a couple 1 show ponies before JT took the con.
Dion=Scheer

Ignatieff=O'Toole

Trudeau=????

Saskatchewan plans to reach an agreement with the federal government on child care funding this week.

“It’s my expectation and I'm hopeful that we'll have an agreement by the end of this week,” Saskatchewan Education Minister Dustin Duncan told CTV News.

Hope I can post this without controversy.

All of which the electorate has forgiven him for. Twice.
To be pedantic, only a plurality of the electorate.

Edited to add: And that doesn’t make his behaviour any more acceptable now than it wasn’t before. If people want to know why things have been sliding regarding conduct, it should come as no surprise when many Canadians accept and reinforce it via conduct such as Justin Trudeau.

Last edited:
Nor does she sexually assault people, nor pretend to be black, nor grope women’s chests, nor culturally appropriate, nor repeatedly contravene ethics guidelines…etc…

Someone more politically savvy than I put it this way...

Against all that, the Conservatives must be doing something truly, dismally wrong.

Someone more politically savvy than I put it this way...
Not really. They just cant figure out how to control their own narrative.

They let the opposition dictate the tempo and message.

It's simple rugby... Right now the cons are playing on their heels defensively; while liberals attack phase after phase, its exhausting defensively.

The Cons need someone to take the ball carrier to ground and poach the ball. Rona Ambrose is that person but she doesn't want to play anymore.

Not really. They just cant figure out how to control their own narrative.

They let the opposition dictate the tempo and message.

It's simple rugby... Right now the cons are playing on their heels defensively; while liberals attack phase after phase, its exhausting defensively.

The Cons need someone to take the ball carrier to ground and poach the ball. Rona Ambrose is that person but she doesn't want to play anymore.
The LPC ran into the same issue with Dion and Ignatieff.

The key is finding a leader with enough name recognition to be known by the public already , so any attacks on them ring hollow.

Rona Ambrose is known and well liked.

Peter Mackay is known, not sure if we'll liked.

Erin O'Toole was not well known and more and more people don't like him.

Pierre Poilievre isn't well known outside of Ottawa IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back