• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Latest aggregate polling. I doubt the debate is reflected or that it will have an effect one way or another.

The PPC is polling higher than the Bloc now.

given that they played spoiler in 3 ridings when they won 1.9% of the popular vote, if their current polling numbers hold they could give the CPC problems in a few more spots
Thing is 5% for the bloc in Quebec can translate to seats, 5% nationally for the PPC might not.

Thing is 5% for the bloc in Quebec can translate to seats, 5% nationally for the PPC might not.
True. But it could end up giving the LPC seats or rather deny the CPC. At least three seats last time went LPC because the PPC played spoiler.

Latest aggregate polling. I doubt the debate is reflected or that it will have an effect one way or another.

The PPC is polling higher than the Bloc now.

given that they played spoiler in 3 ridings when they won 1.9% of the popular vote, if their current polling numbers hold they could give the CPC problems in a few more spots
They played spoiler in 6 actually- that is to say, in sic ridings, the CPC lost by fewer than the total PPC votes. And in five of them, the PPC had more than double the margin the CPC would have needed, if recollection serves.

It’ll be interesting to see how many of Bernier’s fanboys flinch on Election Day in the face of a potential narrow Trudeau victory. We may see a lot of them quietly vote CPC without polling that way.

Not exactly. She called him on his fake feminism though.
Yeah, but he slapped her down pretty hard, though.

It seems this time around that all of the LPC's regular Conservative Boogeymen aren't having the desired effect. When Trudeau tried to bring up guns last night, the moderator cut him off.

Yeah, but he slapped her down pretty hard, though.

It seems this time around that all of the LPC's regular Conservative Boogeymen aren't having the desired effect. When Trudeau tried to bring up guns last night, the moderator cut him off.
His comeback was actually quite good all things considered. But good to see him called on that.

Not exactly. She called him on his fake feminism though.
Didn't watch/listen to the debate - is it true that she said the names of every woman who's accused JT of inappropriate behaviour?

Didn't watch/listen to the debate - is it true that she said the names of every woman who's accused JT of inappropriate behaviour?
Can’t say I heard that. She listed the women he pushed out of the party though. WR, Philpot and Caesar Chavalez (not sure I have the last one named properly).

Did he accept the criticism for his flagrant identity politics and promise to do better or did he deflect?
Lol. Really? He told her he wasn’t going to take lessons from her on caucus management. Her party is disintegrating internally and she is likely going to lose her seat. So while a low blow it still hit.

True. But it could end up giving the LPC seats or rather deny the CPC. At least three seats last time went LPC because the PPC played spoiler.

Last I checked there were 13 seats that went either Liberal or NDP by less than the number of votes that went PPC.

Lol. Really? He told her he wasn’t going to take lessons from her on caucus management. Her party is disintegrating internally and she is likely going to lose her seat. So while a low blow it still hit.

Deflection and a low blow. Perfect combination.

Deflection and a low blow. Perfect combination.
Especially when aimed towards a woman by a feminist. Very subtle.

Actually, I also thought it was a great demonstration of Trudeau's combined ignorance/contempt towards our Parliamentary system of government: In our system, it's not for the leader of a party to manage it's caucus, it's for the elected MP of the caucus to manage their leader (and remove if warranted).

Especially when aimed towards a woman by a feminist. Very subtle.

Actually, I also thought it was a great demonstration of Trudeau's combined ignorance/contempt towards our Parliamentary system of government: In our system, it's not for the leader of a party to manage it's caucus, it's for the elected MP of the caucus to manage their leader (and remove if warranted).
Into today’s Globe and Mail there is an excerpt from JWR’s book “Indian’ in the Cabinet: Speaking Truth to Power” in which she paints a very disturbing picture of the PM and group who surrounds him. The book drops on Monday.

‘In that moment, I knew he wanted me to lie.’ Jody Wilson-Raybould recalls a tension-filled meeting with Justin Trudeau’

Will this have an effect on the election? No idea. But when I brought up the whole JWR affair to a friend of mine who supports the Liberals, her defence of Trudeau and her venomous comments about JWR was shocking to me. Showed to me the depth that Truanon has taken ahold of the faithful.

I wonder when this ego-driven election that most Canadians didn't want is over if Trudeau will decide Canadians experienced it differently and try to spin it in a positive light.

Nanos numbers this morning. Grenier’s aggregate won’t be out until later.

not sure what to make of this. Debate? Protests? Voters making up their mind and going with the devil they know?

Into today’s Globe and Mail there is an excerpt from JWR’s book “Indian’ in the Cabinet: Speaking Truth to Power” in which she paints a very disturbing picture of the PM and group who surrounds him. The book drops on Monday.

‘In that moment, I knew he wanted me to lie.’ Jody Wilson-Raybould recalls a tension-filled meeting with Justin Trudeau’

Will this have an effect on the election? No idea. But when I brought up the whole JWR affair to a friend of mine who supports the Liberals, her defence of Trudeau and her venomous comments about JWR was shocking to me. Showed to me the depth that Truanon has taken ahold of the faithful.
It may depend on how much the media latches onto the juicy bits, and how long it stays in the news cycle. These revelations may not influence the die hards, but less enamoured Liberals may be convinced to vote elsewhere, or not at all. Both good outcomes for the Conservatives.

Back