• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

Don’t forget the 5th step, dap - close out and sitting back in the couch with a nice cold beer. 😉
If all of that is considered a relatively simple procurement, then that nice cold beer is a beer WELL earned!

WOW! Boeing out! The government must still be pissed at the destruction of Bombardier at the hands of Boeing. The family must whisper is the PM's ear a lot. I would suspect Boeing Winnipeg not long for the world.

Boeing told its bid to sell fighter jets to Canada did not meet Ottawa's requirements

Plus knowing this government SAAB it is! Totally wrong system. But on the other hand if this get us on side with the F35 that would be great. But just think of the time wasted to get back to where we started.

WOW! Boeing out! The government must still be pissed at the destruction of Bombardier at the hands of Boeing. The family must whisper is the PM's ear a lot. I would suspect Boeing Winnipeg not long for the world.

Boeing told its bid to sell fighter jets to Canada did not meet Ottawa's requirements

Plus knowing this government SAAB it is! Totally wrong system. But on the other hand if this get us on side with the F35 that would be great. But just think of the time wasted to get back to where we started.
It sets the playing field for a lawsuit/challenge that will inevitably punt the decision further down the road…

Depends on what portion of the RFP they were deemed non compliant for.

With large, complex RFPs even the largest companies occasionally stumble and miss a key requirement in their proposal.

Depends on what portion of the RFP they were deemed non compliant for.

With large, complex RFPs even the largest companies occasionally stumble and miss a key requirement in their proposal.
The cynic in me thinks it’s a politically calculated move that will delay the procurement to eventually allow the Super Hornet to win it and the government claiming their hand was somewhat forced.

Fits the narrative that we did something to punish Boeing AND get the fighter they originally wanted.

My experience with other, smaller, contracts make me think it may just be a staffer at PSPC picking flyshit out of pepper because of a missing semicolon.

My experience with other, smaller, contracts make me think it may just be a staffer at PSPC picking flyshit out of pepper because of a missing semicolon.
But with something this big, if that happened to a ... preferred RFP, would the result be the same? Gotta be some political voodoo in there ....

Unofficially, still no confirmation, but tomorrow is Friday so expect something around 16:00 Ottawa time.

Could the government give Boeing more time to fix their bid?
Depends on the terms of the RFP, and the severity of the defect(s).

I have seen buds disqualified for next t including something that the bidder assumes everyone knows.

If it isn't in the bid package, it isn't part of the bid and can't be considered.

Gotta love the classic shenanigans of PMO-leaked pre-poll information…
Three sources from industry and government say the message was delivered Wednesday as the other two companies competing for the $19-billion contract -- U.S. defence giant Lockheed Martin and Swedish firm Saab -- were told they met the government's requirements.

The three sources were all granted anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss these matters publicly.
1637878559236.gif

Wow! (If true.) A few years ago a friend, who, I believe, had some privileged insight into the government's thinking (is that the right word for this gang?), said that Boeing's Super Hornet was a shoe-in. The "fix," (s)he said, was in. Canada would buy a handful (isn't 18 the planned number?) of Super Hornets from Boeing and then declare that these were the cat's pyjamas and a compliant lord-high executioner really senior Air Force general would say "this is exactly went Canada needs" and the Liberals would sole-source about 90, not Stephen Harper's measly 65+, fighters from Boeing. Then came the Boeing-Bombardier schmozzle and I suppose it all went pear-shaped.

Wow! (If true.) A few years ago a friend, who, I believe, had some privileged insight into the government's thinking (is that the right word for this gang?), said that Boeing's Super Hornet was a shoe-in. The "fix," (s)he said, was in. Canada would buy a handful (isn't 18 the planned number?) of Super Hornets from Boeing and then declare that these were the cat's pyjamas and a compliant lord-high executioner really senior Air Force general would say "this is exactly went Canada needs" and the Liberals would sole-source about 90, not Stephen Harper's measly 65+, fighters from Boeing. Then came the Boeing-Bombardier schmozzle and I suppose it all went pear-shaped.
That displeased the Chair of Bombardier (also a Director of Power Corporation) and thus Boeing’s fate was sealed. They already have the consolation prize for some AWRs for support to the procured RAAF Legacy Hornets.

That displeased the Chair of Bombardier (also a Director of Power Corporation) and thus Boeing’s fate was sealed. They already have the consolation prize for some AWRs for support to the procured RAAF Legacy Hornets.
The timing lines up nicely with Trudeau’s trip down to DC, little doubt that the hand was tipped while there that Boeing was on the outs. Interesting that the unofficial news actually comes out on US Thanksgiving when Boeing stock is not trading and officially will come out tomorrow after the NYSE closes early at 1pm.

You know what? I hope Boeing sues.

Maybe then some heads will roll with regards to the procurement mess this country has produced.

It’s a minor miracle a soldier can get a pencil issued without someone stalling it.

You know what? I hope Boeing sues.

Maybe then some heads will roll with regards to the procurement mess this country has produced.

It’s a minor miracle a soldier can get a pencil issued without someone stalling it.
That's cause procurement canada and TB don't need to be involves in small contracts.

Yup. I figured the the timing of that and the Boeing thing were just a bit too coincidental.
I agree. But....

"Did you also notice software lumber tariffs are back in play against Canada?" Is that a virtual thing? :giggle:

Back