• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

On the other hand, I am starting to wonder about a bit of a squeeze play by our friends.

I'm more inclined to think the force is on to buy the F35. And recommit to ABCANZUS rather than the EU.
We just need the Chinese and Russians to keep stirring the pot more and more over the next 5-7yrs when some of the big decisions need to be met and we should be just fine. My fear is that they become dove-like during this time period and we buy the Gripen and don't replace the subs and waterdown the CSC's in numbers and capabilities and then we're boxed into a corner of being further sidelined to the kiddies table with the Kiwi's and others.

Ummmmm….the Kiwis are on AUSNZUKUS’ “Team P8.”

Canada gets its own table.

You know what? I hope Boeing sues.

Maybe then some heads will roll with regards to the procurement mess this country has produced.

It’s a minor miracle a soldier can get a pencil issued without someone stalling it.
No heads rolled when Leonardo sued for the FWSAR project loss (and subsequent win). I doubt any will roll now.

Also, if it's a govt-to-govt spat, wouldn't LM (F-35) also be involved in that?

No heads rolled when Leonardo sued for the FWSAR project loss (and subsequent win). I doubt any will roll now.

Also, if it's a govt-to-govt spat, wouldn't LM (F-35) also be involved in that?
So Boeing will end up selling us more Chinooks? Or P8?

[Mod edit: material not per site guidelines]

Last edited by a moderator:
How's those Sopwith Camels look? Or maybe the Fokker Triplane aka the Red Baron plane is a better airframe?

So do they pause for the lawsuit? I remember the FWSAR continued despite a vendor lawsuit but I think it was further along and less of a political hot-potato.

Or, with Airbus getting the tanker contract, do they keep their powder dry and push Canada to extend the P8 line?

Another related article on this.

... whereby the 2 remaining bidders would be provided with an opportunity to improve their proposals.

If we offer them to improve their proposals, we can expect even more delays.

Back