• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will 2021 see a new pistol buy?

Will the CAF's new pistol be a:

• the new US service pistol, the Sig Sauer P320 (M17/M18)?

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • the British version of the Glock 17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Beretta APX?

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • a Canadian designed Black Creek Labs PX17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Norinco?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something else?

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am sure the Canadian Government would love to get rid of all those hateful things - especially if it is a good deal.
The Liberals and Wendy want them confiscated and destroyed, with or without compensation. They want no possibility of a future gun friendly government reversing the ban and these things being available for re-importation.

The Liberals and Wendy want them confiscated and destroyed, with or without compensation. They want no possibility of a future gun friendly government reversing the ban and these things being available for re-importation.
Clearly Communists - as they could fund the replacements and make the world a better place if they would sell them down here...

I'd like to see where Wendy gets her funding from. Follow the money....

What is old is new again

What is old is new again

FN is not alone. Springfield
Armory
has one out, too

Meanwhile, in France, it looks like every member of the the new French Infantry Squad/Section, in addition to the HK 416 etc, will be carrying a sidearm - the Glock 17:

Meanwhile, in France, it looks like every member of the the new French Infantry Squad/Section, in addition to the HK 416 etc, will be carrying a sidearm - the Glock 17:
To be fair, the pistol weighs about the same as the bayonet we’ve traditionally wanted everyone to carry. In terms of the soldier’s combat load it’s a bit of a wash. I know which of the two I’d rather have handy in a close fight, and it isn’t a big-ass Rambo knife to attach to my carbine.

It’s also about the same weight as two frag grenades, for what that’s worth.

To be fair, the pistol weighs about the same as the bayonet we’ve traditionally wanted everyone to carry. In terms of the soldier’s combat load it’s a bit of a wash. I know which of the two I’d rather have handy in a close fight, and it isn’t a big-ass Rambo knife to attach to my carbine.

It’s also about the same weight as two frag grenades, for what that’s worth.

I always found a pistol to be a PITA, for one reason or another, and stuck with a proper rifle on it's own...

... backed up by a caustic sense of humour, of course ;)

First Springfield makes a copy of the Hi Power, then FN themselves brought back a new version, now Longthorn Gunmakers of Britain is making a Hi Power with a some changes but otherwise more faithful than the FN.

I'd like to see where Wendy gets her funding from. Follow the money....
Follow the money indeed. I'll bet the current government has continued, if not expanded, the grant.

Last edited:
I always found a pistol to be a PITA, for one reason or another, and stuck with a proper rifle on it's own...
One thing about pistols especially in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, is that the pistol was an execution weapon.
You can point rifles, MG's etc at people and they don't get the point - even if you fire a few shots near people -but- you get your pistol out - and they immediately know you mean business. Runs very contrary to the Western mind - but I guess if you deal with decades of folks executing people in a ditch with a pistol - it makes a memory...

So Pistols save lives ;)

One thing about pistols especially in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, is that the pistol was an execution weapon.
You can point rifles, MG's etc at people and they don't get the point - even if you fire a few shots near people -but- you get your pistol out - and they immediately know you mean business. Runs very contrary to the Western mind - but I guess if you deal with decades of folks executing people in a ditch with a pistol - it makes a memory...

So Pistols save lives ;)
You have a point.

How's that pistol buy going? Or maybe save it for 2023?

"Weird - Ukraine is asking for new LRP aircraft, RPAS, fighters, SAR aircraft, Tactical helicopters, Maritime helicopters, Refuelling aircraft, tac vests, flight suits, and pistols!" :unsure:
Yes.....weird

Back