• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

I have a feeling things won't be as much of a free-for-all as some are hoping. I bet the silliness of toques only with gloves, and other fun rules will exist still. It seems to be more about removing gendered rules, and some outdated fashion choices, than it is about removing rules altogether, based on the leaked information.

Insightful. I agree about the free-for-all. One thing I've learned is CoC's often treat people quoting policy as a personal insult. They're quick to pull out the "Oh ya?!" and "Is that right?!" guns. Then shit gets real. The gloves and toque crowd won't be able to compute long hair and will need to punish people for it.

Insightful. I agree about the free-for-all. One thing I've learned is CoC's often treat people quoting policy as a personal insult. They're quick to pull out the "Oh ya?!" and "Is that right?!" guns. Then shit gets real. The gloves and toque crowd won't be able to compute long hair and will need to punish people for it.
Unfortunately I think you're right, and they will find ways to do it. We have so many rules that it's pretty easy to be breaking a rule at some point each day.

I think the effect will be the same as when we introduced weed and beards. Essentially not much in the long run.
Over the long run I agree, the people who really object to the changes will likely get out, and post about how "soft" the CAF is on social media every day. :ROFLMAO:

My worry is more about the damage to morale a few people can do in the short term. A "dinosaur" in a position of authority can make life pretty miserable while a redress is going through.

Reactions: ueo
I mean highlanders wear skirts anyway, so why not the rest of us? #shotsfired
As women are not currently permitted to wear skirts in Scottish regiments, I can't see this changing for men. As for everyone else, I guess, as long as they aren't on parade.

I think the effect will be the same as when we introduced weed and beards. Essentially not much in the long run.
FWIW I tend to think most will say "yah ok whatever" and do what they do. Grow the hair a bit longer but that's about it.

There WILL be a few who want to push it. Like pretty much anything else.

It's going to be"fun." Glad I am soon to be out of it (May 31st) though I am not sure I would ever be "into it."

It's going to be"fun." Glad I am soon to be out of it (May 31st) though I am not sure I would ever be "into it."
Three words. Shall. May. Should.

There are certain things a CO shall do, certain things they may do and certain things they should do.

I suppose a CO “May” institute a dress policy unit wide…

There may be an initial period of lunacy, but then people will come to their senses. As well, there will always be those who like to find exactly where the edge of the envelope is. In the end, an organic basic standard will emerge.

As women are not currently permitted to wear skirts in Scottish regiments, I can't see this changing for men. As for everyone else, I guess, as long as they aren't on parade.

Trained soldiers, who happen to be male or female or some other personal choice or gender, are permitted to wear the kilt.

At least that was the case a couple of years ago out here in the West.

The incentive levels were brought in to motivate people to do more than the bare minimum. The idea is that if you are trying to do more than the minimum, you’d train for it and hopefully live a healthier lifestyle. They are meant to… incentivize. They don’t matter in term of standards.
Are the incentive levels implying that all genders are not equal?

Trained soldiers, who happen to be male or female or some other personal choice or gender, are permitted to wear the kilt.

The fact that Trews were allowed and even encouraged, means that the Scottish units should have no say in Dress Regulations.

Are the incentive levels implying that all genders are not equal?
I think it has been scientifically demonstrated that males perform better than females, and and younger people are generally more fit than older folks.

I used the word “gender” but I should have used the word “sex.”

Yes, they wear the kilt, therefore they cannot wear the skirt.

Yes, they wear the kilt, therefore they cannot wear the skirt
The fact that Trews were allowed and even encouraged, means that the Scottish units should have no say in Dress Regulations.
The rank level that they are authorized for seems to change on a regular basis. Also, they are at the members expense, and you're probably looking at anywhere from $300-500.

Yes, they wear the kilt, therefore they cannot wear the skirt

The rank level that they are authorized for seems to change on a regular basis. Also, they are at the members expense, and you're probably looking at anywhere from $300-500.

My experience has been that those who are at the rank level that is authorized to wear Trews are seldom the right people to show them off in a complimentary manner ;)

Back