• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acting Chief of Military Personnel on Diversity, Inclusion, and Culture Change Short-Term Initiatives

So. On the topic of security clearances, we let in a bunch of people without them- a “we ll sort it out during training” thing to get the “right” folks in- there was some naming conventions that slowed things down- and residences and family etc.

The overwhelming majority were fine- as you would expect. But we also let in a bunch of known gang members.

There is a barrier there that causes an issue for some certain applicants. But it really is necessary-

The answer? In case anyone is interested- is to take security seriously and dedicate the right amount of resources. Not to risk it out and go “oops”
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

This is Canada you're talking about! How dare you suggest such a thing!

I’m of course being a bit of a bitch. But it’s either a thing you do or it’s not. If it’s important you do it- and if it’s not let’s not act like it is.
As someone who works within a trade where clearances actually have an impact, I completely agree. Most of all our allies, who we piggy back on with on everything equipment to software to TTPs, expect us to be diligent; diversity be damned.

Attachments

• b6e80ea0-c359-4152-8f7f-4d2f7e924da0_text.gif
    b6e80ea0-c359-4152-8f7f-4d2f7e924da0_text.gif
    490.7 KB · Views: 10
Bit of propaganda media rehashing, from two hours ago: Military failing to remove barriers to diversifying ranks: ombudsman

Okay so should we be enrolling folks that can't even speak one of the two constitutional and working languages of the Forces?
Then, what in the world do security clearances have to do with racism?
And for the third one... so... fix racism with more racism? Got it.
I can't imagine how horrible that would be. I've worked with a few French guys who couldn't speak English and other people who could speak English but had an accent so thick that no one could understand them. Fortunately none of these experiences were on a live range or involved anything that could explode.

No we won't, that would imply that there was difficulty recruiting white people as well.
When white people aren't joining, which they aren't now, you know you have REAL issues.

Just genuinely curious ... is that actually formally stated anywhere, or is it just an 'informal policy'?
It was definitely inferred from recent media statements.

Seventy-one per cent of military members are white men compared with 39 per cent in the civilian workforce, added Maj.-Gen. Lise Bourgon.

“We can and we must do better to establish a more inclusive culture where we don’t have to change to fit in,” said Bourgon, deputy commander of Military Personnel Command.

“Diversity enhances readiness and in turn, our operational effectiveness.”

Then there is this article from Toronto Star:

It was definitely inferred from recent media statements.

Then there is this article from Toronto Star:

So you white men when the next war comes along don’t join. Let the good idea fairies and the social engineers grab weapons and go.
Social Justice warriors and climate change alarmists can go too

So you white men when the next war comes along don’t join. Let the good idea fairies and the social engineers grab weapons and go.
Social Justice warriors and climate change alarmists can go too
The CAF really shouldn't be in the business of alienating anyone.

The only thing they have succeeded in is alienating their largest recruiting base while also not succeeding in improving diversity. So they haven't achieved any of their objectives, Bravo!

I am reminded of the old saying:

What the CAF needs to do is let people who fail PO checks in training pass anyways and just get the PO checks some time down the road at their unit.
…OFP is so arbitrary. We could defer until they deploy as part of the ITDP*

*In-Theatre DAG Process

…OFP is so arbitrary. We could defer until they deploy as part of the ITDP*

*In-Theatre DAG Process
I mean I looked for the ref one time on what OFP in the Navy meant?

They pointed me to a policy with a number and everything. I then asked where said policy was written as I wanted to have a read of it...

"Oh we haven't written or published it yet"

Me: "so it's complete made up? Got it!"

🤣🤣🤣

Those kind of sentences make me grit my teeth.
I'm a huge believer in diversity and think the GBA+ type training (NATO JADL, not that joke on DLN) is important. But not if we're stupid about it.

I seen a vital, super important piece of training cut out of work up training that was supposed to be a requirement for deployment. Not enough time.

GBA +? If you didn't have it you weren't deploying, period.

Back