• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

The difference is putting everything on film and then putting into the public space.
I don't know if it's just that. Even if it wasn't filmed, etc - imagine if X Bn was even accused of doing that by someone.

I wouldn't be so sure that things would just carry on.

I don't know if it's just that. Even if it wasn't filmed, etc - imagine if X Bn was even accused of doing that by someone.

I wouldn't be so sure that things would just carry on.

As I recall, about 10 x 1 PARA troops were convicted in a 'non-consensual' sexual assault case many years ago.

They were all arrested, charged and sentenced, then dismissed the service and the Regiment moved on. No deployments were postponed, and no 'group punishments' were administered. In fact, I PARA was 'promoted' to becoming the Special Forces Support Group - the equivalent of our CSOR.

This time around, it seems that the pearls have been clutched in a different manner.

As I recall, about 10 x 1 PARA troops were convicted in a 'non-consensual' sexual assault case many years ago.

They were all arrested, charged and sentenced, then dismissed the service and the Regiment moved on. No deployments were postponed, and no 'group punishments' were administered. In fact, I PARA was 'promoted' to becoming the Special Forces Support Group - the equivalent of our CSOR.

This time around, it seems that the pearls have been clutched in a different manner.
All about perspective/perception.

All about perspective/perception.

Indeed...

Nevertheless, although no crimes were committed in the case of 3 PARA according to the police, I see that the Irish Guards still marched past for the Queen despite this recent drug bust.

The policy precedent seems quite clear:

Six Irish Guards held on drugs and money-laundering offences​

MoD says none of soldiers detained will take part in Queen’s platinum jubilee parades

Six Irish Guards and a Coldstream Guardsman veteran have been arrested on suspicion of drugs and money-laundering offences, the Ministry of Defence has said.

A statement from the MoD press office said: “As part of a planned operation, the Royal Military police arrested six Irish Guards soldiers and a Coldstream Guardsman veteran from across the UK on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs and money lending and laundering offences.

“None of the soldiers under investigation will participate in planned Queen’s platinum jubilee parades.

“The army does not tolerate any type of illegal or fraudulent behaviour. As this is now the subject of an independent Royal Military police investigation, it is inappropriate to comment further.”

And the pubs rejoiced ;)

Falklands Parachute Regiment veterans march through Aldershot​

Marking 40 years since the conflict, Falklands veterans from the Parachute Regiment have been welcomed to Aldershot, home of the British Army.

Following a service of remembrance in the Aldershot Military Cemetery, the parade of veterans, led by the Band of the Parachute Regiment and the regimental mascot ‘Pegasus’, marched through the town.

The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces Battlegroup march in Aldershot every five years to reflect on the conflict.

God damn! Just realized how young I was during the 40th anniversary of D-Day, thinking how long ago that was and how old those vets were. 🤦‍♂️

Wished the Canadian War Museum had a "drydock" where old ships could be toured:

TJT5Ld5.jpg

There is a very active group on FB called Spitfires of the Sea, they work very hard to save some of the old MGBs/MTB's/Crashboats

What's that book? The Rock Barracks version of Tinder?

I'm guessing it's the guard room book.

We used to have one that included various gems in there like who was banned from the base, who was in jail, for what and for how long, faces of Generals that used to cruise through the gate that needed saluting, and other tid bits of information.

Back