• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

People want to work. People don't want to get screwed over. The sooner we realize and accept that, the better.
And bingo - there is the crux of the matter. Corporations don't exist to please the employees or the public. They exist to make money for the shareholders. And some corporations will screw their employees and their customers.

I didn't make the world. I barely exist in it.

One negotiated benefit Millennials take for granted now, that our generation never had,

Under their collective agreement,

Following a difficult or critical call - as defined by the paramedic - they are taken out of service and de-briefed by the staff psychologist.

Then sent home.

If they feel the need - and their physician and / or supervisor agree - they can take the next two 12-hour shifts off.
No loss of pay, or deduction from the member's sick bank.

After that, if they still feel the need, and have a note from their doctor, they can go on indefinite modified duty. ie: removal from 9-1-1 operations.

Eventually, if the PTSD is determined to be a Permanent Partial Disability ( PPD ), they are permanently removed from 9-1-1 operations and relocated into a "suitable" job.

If the pre-injury rate of pay is higher than the relocated position rate, then the pre-injury rate is to be maintained. It is understood that the pre-injury rate is subject to all wage increases negotiated

That's progress. It had to be negotiated.

Don't think of it as "this generation vs that generation"

Think of it as this generation tried to make things better, and made some mistakes (big and small)
The next generation tries to better and makes some new mistakes or unintentionally repeats old mistakes

30s-Depression and Farm Cropping collapse, Farmers try to come up with better solutions (NRCS was created then)
40s-Fought a global war against downright oppressive regimes
50s-Buidling a stronger industrial economy, more mechanical farming methods, continued stand up against oppression, this time communism
60s-Peace movement (kind of needed) to make the governments slow down a bit and start questioning how/when they go to war (Viet Nam)
70s-Disco (puke) and I was born (your welcome world or look the fook out)
80s-Economic ups and downs, Glasnot and the the thawing of the cold war
90s-Cold war sort of ends (or goes dormant), global instability however Military did some good (Bosnia example)
2K-War on terror, one of the major changes. Awareness of "climate change"
10s-Continued war on terror, major economic changes (not sure for the better)
20s-We are still working on it.

Just a few examples of things that happened that I believe shaped or shifted societal thinking and decision making in terms of policy, actions and how things are done.

As Allan Savory would say "Unintended consequences...lead to more or worse failure"

You can't really blame anyone generation. Context changed every generation.

I didn't make the world. I barely exist in it.

One negotiated benefit Millennials take for granted now, that our generation never had,

Under their collective agreement,

Following a difficult or critical call - as defined by the paramedic - they are taken out of service and de-briefed by the staff psychologist.

Then sent home.

If they feel the need - and their physician and / or supervisor agree - they can take the next two 12-hour shifts off.
No loss of pay, or deduction from the member's sick bank.

After that, if they still feel the need, and have a note from their doctor, they can go on indefinite modified duty. ie: removal from 9-1-1 operations.

Eventually, if the PTSD is determined to be a Permanent Partial Disability ( PPD ), they are permanently removed from 9-1-1 operations and relocated into a "suitable" job.

That's progress. It had to be negotiated.
......and there it is. Just like clockwork.:ROFLMAO:

......and there it is. Just like clockwork.:ROFLMAO:

I don't know how many times it has to be explained to you, fishbonejones. I've been ordered not to take your bait, or engage with you.

Don't like it? Take it up with the Site Owner.

I don't know how many times it has to be explained to you, fishbonejones. I've been ordered not to take your bait, or engage with you.
So why do you continue to do it? Emojis are engagement. Poking me with a stick, so to speak. Trying to get a rise. You don't take orders very well, do you? I don't care if you engage or not. I'm not asking you for discussion. I'm not chumming, I'm making observations. I don't require verbal input from you, for that. I don't ask for a response. You do that voluntarily, by self identifying.

As far as immigrants go we brought in 430000+ in 2022. Maybe they have the wrong skill sets, maybe those skills are recognized, maybe they are the wrong age distribution but in far as raw numbers go what else can we do?

As far as immigrants go we brought in 430000+ in 2022. Maybe they have the wrong skill sets, maybe those skills are recognized, maybe they are the wrong age distribution but in far as raw numbers go what else can we do?

Investigate and implement ways to promote parenthood in the current population, and target immigration for stressed and needed professions.

Investigate and implement ways to promote parenthood in the current population, and target immigration for stressed and needed professions.

Too expensive to have kids these days and targeted immigration just brain drains countries that need highly skilled workers more than we do. If we take all the doctors and engineers out of Syria, what good does that do?

Too expensive to have kids these days and targeted immigration just brain drains countries that need highly skilled workers more than we do. If we take all the doctors and engineers out of Syria, what good does that do?

Do you want my honest answer?

Well when we make it near impossible for them to get accredited here, it's a waste, that's one of the biggest problems with out immigration systems. I'd bet $100 if you hired an immigrant to the RCAF from Kuwait or Malaysia with hundreds of hours working on F-18s, we wouldn't PLAR a single screw.

Well when we make it near impossible for them to get accredited here, it's a waste, that's one of the biggest problems with out immigration systems. I'd bet $100 if you hired an immigrant to the RCAF from Kuwait or Malaysia with hundreds of hours working on F-18s, we wouldn't PLAR a single screw.

Well Kuwaitis have ex-US Navy, with a few RCAF guys that released and went back over after OP Impact fixing their f-18s, but I see your point.

Do you want my honest answer?

I want the truth!

Back