• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Patrol Dress

It’s likely because they haven’t created the appropriate rank that should be worn according to the regs. That costs money and not everyone is willing or able to pay to make that happen.

It’s likely because they haven’t created the appropriate rank that should be worn according to the regs. That costs money and not everyone is willing or able to pay to make that happen.
They exist, I have seen many people wear them.

For some reason, they don't like to put Maple Leafs on ceremonials, so they needed to figure out a way to distinguish MCpl from Cpl. They have tried to justify by saying that a MCpl now does the job that a Cpl and a Cpl does the job that a LCpl used to, which isn't actually the case. If they were going to do that it should be MCpl wear one, Sgt wear two, WO wear three, CQ's wear three with the Crown, MWO's wear just the crown, RQMS wears the crown with wreath, and RSM is unchanged, although they should probably be wearing the British version of the Royal Arms if we are going down this road.
The gold stripes for NCM/NCO for the Rifle green dress uniform would not be out of place on most Mess kits I have seen.

The gold stripes for NCM/NCO for the Rifle green dress uniform would not be out of place on most Mess kits I have seen.
I've seen Sgt's with and without the maple leaf on mess dress, this normally isn't an issue because there aren't too many Cpls and MCpls with proper mess dress.

Well, best course of action may be to consult with the RSM. If others in your unit already wear patrols, then there "should" be some sort of direction that has already been provided on proper wear, such as in Regimental Standing Orders.
Likely one of the few times a OR could go directly to the RSM without getting their head chewed off and possibly gaining a brownie point with the RSM for showing interest in Regimental traditions.

Back