• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

He keeps saying we aren't ready.

I wonder how long he'll keep his job?

Kids In The Hall Comedy GIF by CBC
I think the minister is backing him up, they want the public to know the CAF isn't in a good spot. Perhaps to get the conversation about degebde back into the lime light

I think the minister is backing him up, they want the public to know the CAF isn't in a good spot. Perhaps to get the conversation about degebde back into the lime light
Two’fer

1) The CAF isn’t in a good spot
2) Excuses for not sending more to Ukraine

I don’t see your current government wanting to do anything more for DND/CAF at this point.

Two’fer

1) The CAF isn’t in a good spot
2) Excuses for not sending more to Ukraine

I don’t see your current government wanting to do anything more for DND/CAF at this point.
Not being a good spot may also set the public relations ground work for UOR's and massive spending to get us back on track

Certain Canadian cities will be protected by the US, places such as:
1) Windsor, due to its proximity to Detroit and it’s remaining auto plant
2) Metro Toronto due to the nuclear power plant east of the city, they don’t want any fallout blowing into upstate NY and the auto plants in Brampton and Oshawa and Hamilton’s remaining steel mill
3) Possibly Montreal due to its location next to the shipping locks into the Great Lakes
4) Edmonton possibly due to its proximity to the oil sands
5) Vancouver due to its proximity to Seattle
6) Possibly the area around the old Alcan aluminum plant in Quebec if it’s targeted

I don’t really see any other minor/major CDN cities being under the US umbrella.

You didn’t mention Halifax with the Lower Deck or KOD.

What Incredulous GIF by REYKON

I think they'll be more concerned about protecting their own transportation networks over ours. And as far as fall-out from Pickering goes, again I think they'll be more worried about the radiation from an actual missile striking their own territory over radiation from Canada drifting over their territory.

Windsor and Vancouver may be protected just due to proximity to US cities, but assuming it's a massive nuclear attack vs a couple of nukes from North Korea I wouldn't count on the US protecting Canada. They'll prefer to have multiple interceptors per warhead incoming to their territory in order to maximize their chances of successful intercepts rather than directing some to defend Canada at the risk of some missiles making it through to US territory.

IMHO anyway.

Since Canada has decided to be outside the tent and piss in, our airspace will just be where the intercepts take place and our land where the debris falls. The GoC must be totally cool with that.

Since Canada has decided to be outside the tent and piss in, our airspace will just be where the intercepts take place and our land where the debris falls. The GoC must be totally cool with that.
Seems they are.

Of course, moistly-spoken word salad to follow, to make it seem like the Government is still master of the country’s destiny…and not just being told what to do, and doing it.

Seems they are.

Of course, moistly-spoken word salad to follow, to make it seem like the Government is still master of the country’s destiny…and not just being told what to do, and doing it.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I find it very difficult to understand why certain leaders and so many voters are ok with the trajectory of this country.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I find it very difficult to understand why certain leaders and so many voters are ok with the trajectory of this country.
Because the trajectory of their own bubble, they’re okay with and someone else’s problem is exactly that…someone else’s.

Because the trajectory of their own bubble, they’re okay with and someone else’s problem is exactly that…someone else’s.
and because the voters are convinced that the media are giving them accurate information. The forces are in bad shape because of the leadership failures. We have decided on the airplanes, we have decided on the ships we have bought new armoured vehicles so what is the problem?

Couldn't find a better thread but the recent IMF report on G7 GDPs puts us in second place to Japan.

67145079-11694623-image-a-92_1675128228241.jpg

Taken from this UK article

🍻
If we add around 1% of our pop this year in new immigration, it’s safe to say that without we’d be sitting between France and Italy on this chart.
We take the easy way out in growing our Economy, by simply adding more people to the equation, not by creating high value goods and increasing productivity and efficiency.

If we add around 1% of our pop this year in new immigration, it’s safe to say that without we’d be sitting between France and Italy on this chart.
We take the easy way out in growing our Economy, by simply adding more people to the equation, not by creating high value goods and increasing productivity and efficiency.
In contrast, Japanese population is collapsing, or so I hear.

Oh I am aware, but even this message, I do not think Canadians care. I think our minister does, but she needs other departments to clean up their act too
Tell them to bend over and kiss their asses Goodbye!

Back