• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C3 Howitzer Replacement

No doubt for short runs but I believe it's more about distance and what the road and higher speed friction does to the tracks/pads. (unless it's a long slow drive into Baghdad) you might save yourself some maintenance downtime via transport
How many hundred miles do you need to move in combat?

How many hundred miles do you need to move in combat?
This many?

The Great Raid of 2014, also known as the Raid of the 95th Brigade, took place from July 19 to August 10, 2014, during the war in eastern Ukraine. According to official information, units of the Ukrainian 95th Air Assault Brigade, reinforced with assets from the 25th Airborne and 30th and 51st Mechanized Brigades, conducted a 470 km raid, of which 170 km were behind enemy lines. During the raid, the 95th Brigade paratroopers entered into armed clashes with the Russian Army.

On the other hand, how long does it take to burn up a tank of diesel even if you are just jockeying your tank around the same paddock in defence?

This many?
A few hundred KM is easily done with tracks or wheeled AFV's
Admin moves are however best done via lowbed
On the other hand, how long does it take to burn up a tank of diesel even if you are just jockeying your tank around the same paddock in defence?
Depends on the tank - turbine engines will be burning a tank every 4-6 hours regardless if in idle or flank speed.

From a post on facebook which basically says it all about gunners.

The caption is "Remembering when the back of the gun tractor was our whole world."

334945489_1234849320751327_7519377289955765579_n.jpg

It defines succinctly what "once a gunner, always a gunner" really means.

🍻

In the CP140 replace thread there is an ongoing bet about what is will be replaced and amount.

Stealing that thread idea. There is a piece stating (can't be posted) that the Gov will be using UOR's to get both
Sorry another piece called it PAXM Portable Anti Material Missile. So my guess a multiple warhead or warshot system. anti tank and anti light vehicle or bunker type system. AT-4?

I've been wondering if this is the solution - brought to you by the people that brought you Blowpipe, Javelin and Starstreak.

Martlet - 13 kg, 8 km, Mach 1.5 (Slower than Starstreak)

It can be a SAM or an AGM. It can take out Helos, UAS, boats, LAVs and utility vehicles.

It can be Manpad, LML, Stormer, Helo, UAS , Ship or Boat mounted.

You can't just go to Costco to pick up AD systems. Timelines are long, particularly when we are one of many nations all scrambling for the same materiel at the same time.
Im I wrong in the statement that "contract award" does not equal "initial delivery"? and that therfore an an earlier contract award would shorten the timeline by at least speaking for our spot in line among said scrambling nations?

Before contract award, you examine the market, discuss with vendors, get the plan lined up.

I've been wondering if this is the solution - brought to you by the people that brought you Blowpipe, Javelin and Starstreak.

Martlet - 13 kg, 8 km, Mach 1.5 (Slower than Starstreak)

It can be a SAM or an AGM. It can take out Helos, UAS, boats, LAVs and utility vehicles.

It can be Manpad, LML, Stormer, Helo, UAS , Ship or Boat mounted.

At one time a division of Bombardier. LOL

OK,

Here's my bet.

Divest remaining M777 to Ukraine.

Purchase 40x HIMARS
Purchase 40x Archer

Split up in inadequate amounts between various units in Canada to provide overstretched maintenance, and understretched training capability.

C-3's will get hung onto as saluting guns only.

NS

You can't just go to Costco to pick up AD systems. Timelines are long, particularly when we are one of many nations all scrambling for the same materiel at the same time.
Besides have you seen the lineups at Costco?

OK,

Here's my bet.

Divest remaining M777 to Ukraine.
I don’t think the Ukraine wants them.

Purchase 40x HIMARS
Purchase 40x Archer
Most opt for a 2:1 Tube to Rocket ratio at Div Arty and below. Corps Arty is usually 1:1

Probably wouldn’t get ammo trucks for them anyway.
Split up in inadequate amounts between various units in Canada to provide overstretched maintenance, and understretched training capability.
A CA SOP.
C-3's will get hung onto as saluting guns only.

NS
I still think the 9lb’er does a better job and is significantly classier. (Albeit awkward to move as you need a 3 or 5t with lift ramp).

Back