• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

If you think the CAF is FUBAR, Germany says hold my beer.

That’s bad. At least they have an inspection process and report though…
Doesn’t seem to have helped in past years though.

I suspect if we did the same kind of report it might only be marginally better but with similarly insane stories. How among us haven't been housed in a 'de-condemmend' barracks?

Or led by a pedophile? ;)

Even America would have some grim stories about barracks, and other infrastructure issues. Tanks, guns, aircraft, etc, are sexy, investing in barracks renovations/builds isn't.

Back in the mid 90s, I stayed in the shacks in Knox a few times and they were pretty…sparse.

In more recent years, I’ve stayed at the shacks in places like Key West, the Gateway Inn at Kadena and they were really decent. KW was like a hotel room, Kadena was “mods” with kitchen.

The TLF (transient lodging facility) in Yokota were like apartment building with 3 star suites but pretty comfy.

We do some quarters alright, like Dakota Inn in Wpg or Juno Tower in Halifax.

I have…less found memories of Gagetown and Wainwright.

French Grey Inn in Edmonton is a pretty nice facility. Same with the Yukon Lodge in Trenton.

The Dawe Building in Kingston would be a nice place...we're it not used perpetually as an ISOFAC....

It sounds like they have similar problems as us with R&D.

It’s taken ten years just to formulate an order for helicopter pilot helmets that the US has been using since the 1990s. Eight years to buy new clothes for paratroopers. Some German paras are having to buy their own head torches and helmet camo.

Back in the mid 90s, I stayed in the shacks in Knox a few times and they were pretty…sparse.

In more recent years, I’ve stayed at the shacks in places like Key West, the Gateway Inn at Kadena and they were really decent. KW was like a hotel room, Kadena was “mods” with kitchen.

The TLF (transient lodging facility) in Yokota were like apartment building with 3 star suites but pretty comfy.

Kaneohe Bay, San Diego (Naval Air Station Coronado - no idea what the "water" Navy side is like), and Elemendorf were great.

Then again, I've only stayed in officer's quarters in the US.

Then again, I've only stayed in officer's quarters in the US.
Having stayed at both, Field Grade quarters are much nicer than the enlisted quarters.
Also USAF and USN quarters are significantly better than USMC or USA ones, as staying in an Army COL/O-6 Equivalent quarters , was not nearly as nice as staying in a USAF Jr O transient quarter.

Having stayed at both, Field Grade quarters are much nicer than the enlisted quarters.
Also USAF and USN quarters are significantly better than USMC or USA ones, as staying in an Army COL/O-6 Equivalent quarters , was not nearly as nice as staying in a USAF Jr O transient quarter.
You mean Army/Marine O-barracks don’t have daily replenished ice cream in the in-room fridge? 🤔

Not just that but the beds are actually comfortable in the USAF

Cdn army members after reading that…

Mother Of God Omg GIF

Back