• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attitudes towards the Liberals

Or let me pose an alternate “chicken vs. egg” theory. Could it be those who are in control of the mainstream media who are the ones basically controlling the government? Rather than the government necessaril being the one pushing the whole cancel culture, “wokeism”, rainbow mafia , etc., etc., it’s the reporters, editors and even broadcast/cable/CEOs/publishers who have an agenda to change this country drastically from what it had been? (Hint: think modern day William Randolph Hearst with a leftist bent).

Why can't it be both ?

It is both because both groups come from the same social class, and institutions. A few LPC cabinet ministers had been media types just a few short years ago...
I guess that’s what I was basically saying, but you and Halifax Tar said it better. Many moons ago I was in a fairly well-respected journalism school in a large U.S. midwestern university. It was during the turbulent late 60s and early 70s. I just remember how a few key people in that department (with a particular political/social philosophy had such tremendous influence on which news items got published and operated on a hard-core variation on using the media to “comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable”. In a somewhat related matter I recall Marshall McCluhan and his “the media is the message” message to us all.

I will agree with that - it is far from "liberal" and behaves more like a softer version of a Chairman Mao type. Or Stalin. Lenin. take your pick

One thing I noted in a YouTube I made was that those who seize power usually take control of the media as a priority. Let that sink in.
Then they come for the guns.

…property, and give some incentive plan to move the sheeple to permanent-rent in 15-minute cities.
But they need to disarm the public first so they can move forward unimpeded. Then they can take the rest of your stuff.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

There are practical limits. Recent events highlighted that some Canadians mistakenly believe American political attributes apply to Canada. That means people have some grasp of what Americans have. Eventually would-be technocrats will tread on too many toes, of people who know how else things might be.

There are practical limits. Recent events highlighted that some Canadians mistakenly believe American political attributes apply to Canada. That means people have some grasp of what Americans have. Eventually would-be technocrats will tread on too many toes, of people who know how else things might be.
The technocrats had their dry run. They are very very safe. Its why many things on the agenda have started moving faster.

I guess that’s what I was basically saying, but you and Halifax Tar said it better. Many moons ago I was in a fairly well-respected journalism school in a large U.S. midwestern university. It was during the turbulent late 60s and early 70s. I just remember how a few key people in that department (with a particular political/social philosophy had such tremendous influence on which news items got published and operated on a hard-core variation on using the media to “comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable”. In a somewhat related matter I recall Marshall McCluhan and his “the media is the message” message to us all.
Correction: should be “the medium is the message”.

…property, and give some incentive plan to move the sheeple to permanent-rent in 15-minute cities.
Are the 5G networks turning the frogs gay in these cities?

The backlash against an urban planning concept is one of the stranger partisan twists of 2023.

The backlash against an urban planning concept is one of the stranger partisan twists of 2023.

Its defiantly something I hear brought up on talk radio, in Halifax, frequently.

It actually makes sense if you want to live in a high density environment.

I don't want to live in that environment, so don't force it on me and I wont really have an issue with it. Its all about letting people live their lives as they see fit.

Its defiantly something I hear brought up on talk radio, in Halifax, frequently.

I don't want to live in that environment, so don't force it on me and I wont really have an issue with it. Its all about letting people live their lives as they see fit.
Yes....they don't really want you to have that choice.

…and more nefariously, they’re downloading mandate to various ‘Commissions’ (flexibly structure canals of Commissars? 😉) that can enact binding policies in citizens without the pesky need for parliamentary accountability… (eg. CRTC implementing elements of C-11, etc.)

Tomorrow’s the big day for, you guessed it, the Telford Dog and Pony Show, starring the inimitable Miss Katie Telford herself. Watch breathlessly as she performs all kinds of stunts and tricks that few would dare to attempt or achieve. Be dazzled, as if by magic, she uses some intelligence to make you doubt your own senses and sensibilities. See how she walks a fine Chinese tightrope without falling on her sword. Yes, ladies and gentlemen and gentle persons as well, this is the show all Canada has been waiting for and will make history. Don’t miss it. (Or not.)

Regarding CCP interference in the election process.

B.C. Chinese communities tell Mendicino of intimidation by foreign powers and proxies

It's not a giant leap to surmise that Chinese Canadians may have been intimidated and coersed into voting certain Liberal MPs into party seats or voting Liberal MPs in the election.

Mendicino says:

Mendicino dismissed a question about whether foreign interference might have helped Miao or Bains.

“I want to be very clear that MPs Bains and Miao are two hard-working colleagues who were elected by their respective constituents in their respective ridings by Canadians – and Canadians alone,” Mendicino said. “And we are confident in the integrity of the elections of 2019 and 2021, as was verified by two independent panels.”

Sure, Canadians alone physicallyelected them.

Same goes for the integrity of the election - there was no ballot stuffing or cheating.

The only reason some Liberal MPs were voted in 'by canadians' may be due to the intimidation and threats. Had there been no interference the seat distribution may have been different.

Sure it does. I yet to see a cogent argument against the concepts themselves as an improvement to urban life, just against the the boogeyman.

Back