• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran Super Thread- Merged

And impeachment. And prosecution. Unfortunately, no one with the power to do so, Republicans who aren’t zealots or yes-men in cabinet and Congress who gave up their testes and their spines, will do so.

When on exchange, Americans using to regularly ask me about the monarchy and parliamentary system. I usually gave a full throated defence. And then they would talk about the separation of powers and checks and balances. Watching the Trump era, I feel very vindicated.
 
The only problem with that is when somebody gets in office, they become consumed by the power and don’t want to give it up. Look at Biden. During the 2020 election, It was evident to many that he didn’t have the stamina to stay in the game more than an year or two and that he would step down early so that Kamala could take the reins. But he stayed, wanted another term and had to be talked out of it too late in the election campaign to allow the party to build a winning candidate.

I believe the term you're looking for is Hubris.
 
Careful, hunting Trump like a dog is a key reason he is in office again.

And I would argue that the reason is that people whose job it was to protect and defend the Constitution were spineless jellyfish and failed to do their job to hold him to account.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ytz
And I would argue that the reason is that people whose job it was to protect and defend the Constitution were spineless jellyfish and failed to do their job to hold him to account.

I can't believe that guy got a pass after Jan 6th. After that, I don't buy any checks and balances bullshit from Americans. No consequences then is why him, his family and his cronies believe they are untouchable now. And they aren't wrong on that.
 
Back
Top