Author Topic: "No Mk III boots left in the system," they said.  (Read 23083 times)

Offline Fishandchipsandbeer

• Rate Post
  • "Better Than The Best"
"No Mk III boots left in the system," they said.
« on: December 14, 2013, 17:41:35 »
Haven't been able to get a pair since '08.  Yet here they are, never issued judging by the tags on 'em in the photos, and being sold off in bulk, and I'm stuck with the bloody moon boots. 

http://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=ach-shop&vndsld=1&so=DESC&sf=ferm-clos&lci=&str=1&sr=1&ltnf=1&lcn=291372&lct=L
"She fulfilled, you see, four of the five conditions necessary for what may be called the Australian Ideal — she was an immensely rich, stunningly beautiful, highly-skilled professional amorist with the sexual appetite of a pagan princess; she did not own a public house."
-Flashman and the Dragon, George MacDonald Fraser

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: "No Mk III boots left in the system," they said.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 17:58:44 »
Is yet another boot thread really required in this site?? "None in the system to be issued" is more correct.   These things were deemed obsolete and pulled from shelves years ago (even the never-issued ones).  I was a Sgt in Clothing Stores then.   We are finally getting around to selling off that obsolete stuff.  Hell, we only smelted down the last of the FNs a couple years ago.  Nothing to see here.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Cui

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 18:22:56 »
Wouldn't it be better to just transfer them to some CSTC for cadets to use during the summers?
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results. - George Patton

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 18:31:38 »
I just turned my MKIIIs in for exchange. Got told I'd need to wait 4 to 5 months for a pair of replacement boots  ;D
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 18:35:31 »
Danner Kinetics. Best I have ever owned.

That is all.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 18:37:30 »
I just turned my MKIIIs in for exchange. Got told I'd need to wait 4 to 5 months for a pair of replacement boots  ;D

Until then, wear your issued mukluks like a good soldier. No non-issued kit.  >:D

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 20:20:19 »
If its that much of a problem, why not buy the triwalls and be set for life?

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 20:28:51 »
Until then, wear your issued mukluks like a good soldier. No non-issued kit.  >:D

Mukluks are being redesigned and are no longer being issued. have a nice winter >:D
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 00:02:39 »
Mukluks are being redesigned and are no longer being issued. have a nice winter >:D

And your 10 non specific gender tent (see how correct I can be?) is worn out and there aren't many in the system.

Have a real nice winter.

Offline Mr. Gigglesworth

• A tiger in Africa?!
  • Rate Post
  • I can never remember the password.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 21:58:58 »
Yes I just had to deal with that mukluk situation for a weekend BMQ. The range and the FTX were over the last 2 weeks. I think the word made it all the way up to 2 Can Div HQ after weeks of endless bickering and being told ''no mukluks'' by the clothing store. We got our triwall of mukluks on Friday evening just before the FTX so the troops didn't have to lose any toes. Good times.

''We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner, sorry. Was there anything else?''

- Major Tatham-Warter upon being asked to surrender the surrounded British position at Arnhem Bridge.

Offline MJP

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 22:18:13 »
And your 10 non specific gender tent (see how correct I can be?) is worn out and there aren't many in the system.

Have a real nice winter.

That enquiry from Div on behalf of 38 CBG rolled by my desk the other day and I found lots of 5 & 10 Man tents and liners in the system. 
Hope is not a valid COA

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 23:33:21 »
That enquiry from Div on behalf of 38 CBG rolled by my desk the other day and I found lots of 5 & 10 Man tents and liners in the system.

Excellent! Now how soon do we expect them?

Thanks!

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 00:36:23 »
Ahhhh, the dreaded Reserved Ops Stock ...
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 09:02:53 »
Sale over at Oakley Forces.  $200-$300 boots on sale for $49.  Running out of sizes though.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Mr. Gigglesworth

• A tiger in Africa?!
  • Rate Post
  • I can never remember the password.

''We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner, sorry. Was there anything else?''

- Major Tatham-Warter upon being asked to surrender the surrounded British position at Arnhem Bridge.

Offline GreenMarine

• Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 14:45:35 »
Give me a stock code and I can look you your MK3's.  I believe we carry some but the sizes may be limited or they may be construction boots that look like then but are a bit short and have steel toes.
Metalllic25th

"conciliatrix actuarius commilitium"

("She who unites fast sailing vessels for companionship in war.")

Offline DexOlesa

• Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 18:52:33 »
Got my mk3's in '10 of course that was RMC where we only get the outdated stuff ::)

Offline ArmyRick

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • What the????
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 12:44:27 »
What is really scary and kind of frightens me is when you step back and look at all the symptoms as a whole

-No/Not enough boots/mucklucks
-New uniforms taking way too long to issue
-Procurement gone awry for just about everything
-T4s not being sent out/in EMMA on time
-Severance buyouts taking long time to pay out
-Reserve recruiting down to a trickle
-and the list goes on

The CAF is IMO, in trouble, exactly what kind, well the big kind. Since I own a business (farm) and work part time in a successful resort business (Corporate world), from that perspective the CAF is grossly failing in both managing funds and looking after its people. Its not just money or numbers. It is a lack of will to tackle the problems and do what must be done. Be swift and harsh if the CAF must, but deal with the problems at hand.

The boots are just a symptom of the whole problem at hand. Lack of will to deal with it and just maintain status quo.

I am NOT a privileged white man by virtue of being male or white. I am privileged because I am alive and exercising my right to be who I am!

Offline GreenMarine

• Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:51 »
What is really scary and kind of frightens me is when you step back and look at all the symptoms as a whole

-No/Not enough boots/mucklucks
-New uniforms taking way too long to issue
-Procurement gone awry for just about everything
-T4s not being sent out/in EMMA on time
-Severance buyouts taking long time to pay out
-Reserve recruiting down to a trickle
-and the list goes on

The CAF is IMO, in trouble, exactly what kind, well the big kind. Since I own a business (farm) and work part time in a successful resort business (Corporate world), from that perspective the CAF is grossly failing in both managing funds and looking after its people. Its not just money or numbers. It is a lack of will to tackle the problems and do what must be done. Be swift and harsh if the CAF must, but deal with the problems at hand.

The boots are just a symptom of the whole problem at hand. Lack of will to deal with it and just maintain status quo.

Oh yes the list goes on....is there a current "rant" thread so we can list everything that us as members and veterans know whats wrong or whats right (if it ain't broke font fix it.)

However to stay on topic.

We have boots, Mk 3s are considered old but still in service, (I myself where Olive Green Rain "frog" Suit over the newer cadpat version.) Mk4 have mostly taken over plus there's safety boots, jungle boots. Cold/Wet weather boots. I'm a Storesmans working in depot we have the stuff at our end, I'll like to think the middle man could be to be to blame however if there's no demand there's no supply, also the item managers may have been told to slow the issuing of certain boots but both case are questionable.
Metalllic25th

"conciliatrix actuarius commilitium"

("She who unites fast sailing vessels for companionship in war.")

Offline Bzzliteyr

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 11:31:49 »

Oh yes the list goes on....is there a current "rant" thread so we can list everything that us as members and veterans know whats wrong or whats right (if it ain't broke font fix it.)

However to stay on topic.

We have boots, Mk 3s are considered old but still in service, (I myself where Olive Green Rain "frog" Suit over the newer cadpat version.) Mk4 have mostly taken over plus there's safety boots, jungle boots. Cold/Wet weather boots. I'm a Storesmans working in depot we have the stuff at our end, I'll like to think the middle man could be to be to blame however if there's no demand there's no supply, also the item managers may have been told to slow the issuing of certain boots but both case are questionable.

You work in supply and you call the new "boots, general purpose" the Mk4?
Adsum

UNPROFOR, CPSM, Canadian Forces Commander Land Force Command Commendation (Bosnia 1993), Canadian Decoration, General Campaign Star - ISAF

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 11:40:15 »
 :facepalm:
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 11:55:45 »
I'm a Storesmans working in depot we have the stuff at our end,

In sizes "too big" and "too small"? There's probably a reason you have them in depot. The CF bought 1,000 of every size, instead of more in the common sizes.

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 12:19:26 »
In sizes "too big" and "too small"? There's probably a reason you have them in depot. The CF bought 1,000 of every size, instead of more in the common sizes.

No.

In fact, the CAF has information on sizes that is used to inform the acquisition of clothing & footwear.  However, the data is old; there's an ongoing effort to get more up to date information so the inventories acquired will more closely mirror the sizes and shapes of today's CAF.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC - 5320.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 13:16:15 »
No.

In fact, the CAF has information on sizes that is used to inform the acquisition of clothing & footwear.  However, the data is old; there's an ongoing effort to get more up to date information so the inventories acquired will more closely mirror the sizes and shapes of today's CAF.

So tent size shirts and pants with waists larger than the inseam?

'Bout time >:D
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 13:36:39 »
So tent size shirts and pants with waists larger than the inseam?

Not unless you're still skewing the averages ;)
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html