Author Topic: No sign in until whmis done  (Read 4878 times)

Offline FJAG

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ex Gladio Justicia
    • WordPress Page
Re: No sign in until whmis done
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 21:25:26 »
No WHMiS training here either - sounds like someone imposing their own standards?
. . .

DAOD 2007-1 - Responsibilities Table - CO - Bullet 3 sets out the overarching requirement. There are undoubtedly further instructions about implementation that detail how it is to be done (but I don't have access to those).

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-2000/2007-1.page

:cheers:
Illegitimi non carborundum
Semper debeatis percutis ictu primo
Access my "Allies" book series at:
https://wolfriedel.wordpress.com

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 21:37:10 »
DLN is accessible from the home - no need for a DWAN account. 

Indeed, I know some units that instructed soldiers to complete the course at home, and bring in a hard copy of their certificate to have a half day of pay authorized.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 22:05:00 »
I've been waiting a few months to fix DLN. You do need DWAN to put in tickets and then they would communicate only with your DWAN account for any issues or clarification.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 22:16:26 »
Latest is you won't get paid until you completed WHMIS and you won't get paid for the time you take to complete it.

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 23:09:09 »
Latest is you won't get paid until you completed WHMIS and you won't get paid for the time you take to complete it.

That is a situation prohibited by regulations. You can not be forced to perform a duty without compensation. They can say you will only be permitted to sign in to complete WHMIS trg, but they can't make you do it on your own time.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

angus555

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 00:12:51 »
You can not be forced to perform a duty without compensation.

I wish that wisdom applied to civilian companies that pull that trick off routinely.