Author Topic: Justin Trudeau's deteriorating approval rating  (Read 13242 times)

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Justin Trudeau's deteriorating approval rating
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 14:55:32 »
Something that amuses me: the number of articles I've read in the past couple of years, written by women claiming to be (various kinds of) feminists, in which they explain why they distrust men-who-claim-to-be-feminists.  (Words and phrases like deceitful, opportunistic, wanting-to-get-laid, etc are used.)

Maybe they're listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast?  :D

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2019, 10:09:18 »
Something that amuses me: the number of articles I've read in the past couple of years, written by women claiming to be (various kinds of) feminists, in which they explain why they distrust men-who-claim-to-be-feminists.  (Words and phrases like deceitful, opportunistic, wanting-to-get-laid, etc are used.)

You should do a little research into Lesbian Feminism. If nothing else, it can introduce you to a whole new range of hyphenated social scientist speak :)

Lesbian feminism typically situates lesbianism as a form of resistance to "man-made" institutions. Cheryl Clarke writes in her essay New Notes on Lesbianism "I name myself "lesbian" because this culture oppresses, silences, and destroys lesbians, even lesbians who don't call themselves "lesbians." I name myself "lesbian" because I want to be visible to other black lesbians. I name myself "lesbian" because I do not subscribe to predatory/institutionalized heterosexuality".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_feminism
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Brad Sallows

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 11:15:04 »
Huh.  My recollection of peeler bar acts in the '80s is that lesbians were pretty popular.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

"It is a damned heavy blow; but whining don't help."

Despair is a sin.

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2019, 17:54:21 »
It seems that the PM is dogged by more bad news.  At least this time he apologized
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 18:08:22 by Haggis »
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.

Online Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2019, 18:06:06 »
It seems that the PM is dogged by more bad news.  At least this time he apologized

Ah yes...the good old “perception of the encounters may have been different” excuse...tired, yes...but never surprised when it shows up.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 18:37:25 by Good2Golf »