Author Topic: All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)  (Read 79846 times)

Offline Shrek1985

• Rate Post
Re: Education; ILPS and Accredation
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2012, 11:56:09 »
Shucks fellas seems like you all need to give your PSO officer and the University of Manitoba a call.

Hint; PLQ=business management.

Also, you might take a look at exactly what kind of things they teach in university these days, never mind the quality. I see courses on management, leadership, logistics, ect. And how about teacher's college? How many courses have you taught on? Mod 1 PLQ; leading people on PT? Crossfit instructor quals? CQC, did you know they accredit martial arts in some places? How about the Raven program? the one for teaching native people army skills, I just bet there is a famil portion which could dovetail as an intro to native studies. Any advanced first aid? Cultural famil courses for OMLT? We have loads of Psyops-trained guys in my outfit now, that could count-as Psychology credit.

How may tours do you have and where? Wanna bet you learned anything about international relations?

Close protection course? I'll be damned if that won't give you a pass on some police studies training at some point.

Those skills are universal. There is no magic behind ivied walls, let me tell you.

it's the university crowd that get's suckered by skills you can pick up in uniform starting with cadets. The military does education better than most schools anyways. What I learned on Mod 2 and as a cadet about teaching made me a better instructor than most of those i found at the front of my classes through highschool and university.

Offline GeoJen

• Rate Post
All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2013, 01:12:10 »
I am interested in ILP and was wondering if anyone on here could tell me more about it?
Is there obligatory service with it? And can I do it while still on my initial contract?
Thanks  :)

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: ILP
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2013, 07:08:16 »
You've got it backwards.  You want information on the Regular Force Education Reimbursement Program (Reg F ER).

You submit an ILP (Individual Learning Plan) to seek approval for reimbursement of courses that you will take in the future under Reg F ER.

Be aware that funding is up in the air for next fiscal year - see http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=109469.0.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:48:11 by Occam »

Offline UnwiseCritic

• Rate Post
Re: Individual Learning Plan?
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2013, 17:25:41 »
I am hoping to make the leap to officer at some point in my career. But I am not eager to attend school for four years straight. As I could be working and gaining qualifications in that time. And most schools allow at least 2 years to be transferred over into a undergrad program. So an ILP could work out quite well. As I'm thinking of going to the dark side in 6-8 years. However I think I would like to attend a university for a semester to kickstart my schooling. And I think having that semester and face time with professors would make me a more effective distance learner. And now to near future would be a good time to do it as I don't have much rank so my absence for 4 months won't be as damaging as it would be if I held a higher position in the platoon. Plus we're a peacetime army now, so there is not a huge strain for bodies. Even if I choose not to go officer I think having even some education would help once I become an nco. It will at least help me articulate myself better and probably help with the paperwork. And I do believe once warrants promotion is in sight that some schooling can help. Should I go that far up the ranks.

If its not possible, it's not possible. I have the form from the pso filled out and ready to go up the chain of command. I just want to come in with a clearer idea of what I want/able to do. If it is possible I am willing to pay and or sign more years of my life away.
"He who hates correction is stupid!"

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: Individual Learning Plan?
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2013, 17:49:10 »
I read your post but wasn't really able to pick out a question ???
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline CombatMacgyver

• Rate Post
  • Escaped from Valcatraz
ILP link
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2015, 15:30:44 »
Does anyone have an updated link for the ILP?  All the links I have now just 404 (internet links, haven't hit the DIN yet).

Thanks.

http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/DLM/engraph/services/er/ilp/ilp_e.asp  (this doesn't work anymore)

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: ILP link
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2015, 15:44:28 »
Does anyone have an updated link for the ILP?  All the links I have now just 404 (internet links, haven't hit the DIN yet).

Thanks.

http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/DLM/engraph/services/er/ilp/ilp_e.asp  (this doesn't work anymore)

You may have better luck there.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 15:54:12 by mariomike »

Offline CombatMacgyver

• Rate Post
  • Escaped from Valcatraz
Re: ILP link
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2015, 12:13:18 »
Seems as though there isn't an internet link at all anymore.  I could've sworn there was, whatever.

http://img-dcb-ioutpro.forces.mil.ca:88/ILP/engraph/login_e.asp?act=out

Is the current DIN link if anyone else needs it in the future.

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
individualized learning plan
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2016, 16:52:07 »
Does anyone know if you can access  the individualized learning plan on a home computer to fill out an application?

Thanks

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: individualized learning plan
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2016, 16:56:43 »
Does anyone know if you can access  the individualized learning plan on a home computer to fill out an application?

You may find this discussion of interest,

All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=27773.25

For future reference, perhaps this discussion will be merged with, "All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)".
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 17:04:10 by mariomike »

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2016, 17:06:29 »
Thanks

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2016, 17:07:33 »
Thanks

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

Offline Sabaton

• Rate Post
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2016, 20:06:05 »
no uou can only do it from the Dwan account or Din .but you can send a Ilp paper form by mail refer to your pso for the paper form

Offline Brasidas

• Rate Post
ILP Internet Link
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2016, 14:16:35 »
Does anyone have a working, non-DWAN link for me to update an ILP?

I could've sworn my branch chief showed me one last month, but I can't find it.

FYI, conducted site and google searches, and attempted to post question to https://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,27773.msg1360586/topicseen.html#msg1360586 when I was advised to start a new thread.

Offline 1984

• Rate Post
Re: ILP Internet Link
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2016, 14:29:01 »
**never mind I'm dumb (just noticed your original link).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 14:50:05 by 1984 »

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
ILP reinbursment and grants for members
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2017, 17:52:52 »
Few questions about schooling (POC email on DWAN is inactive and all the old links I had were lost in a server update)

1. Is the reimbursement for NCMs taking the NCM-PD still at 50% upon completion of the program or has it been raised back up to 100%? [ I had thought it switched to 50% but a clerk I spoke with was sure it was 100%]

2. If a member wants to take a 2 year (part time and/or online)diploma, say a general arts and science, is there a program that will offer a reimbursement like the NCM-PDs Defense and Security program?

3. Is there any funds or grants in the system that will allow young (or poor, essentially) NCMs to be lent or gifted money in order for them to take post secondary education?

There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
Re: ILP reinbursment and grants for members
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2017, 18:21:40 »
If you want to do something other than the ncm pd, go for it.
The ILP process is the same and still at 100% as far as I know

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline runormal

• Rate Post
Re: All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2018, 10:01:32 »
ILP Program has been moved to a new site.

See new link - http://eilp-paie.kingston.mil.ca/en/Login/Index

Offline Volidyr

• Rate Post
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2018, 13:33:25 »
Hi,

I have accepted an offer of employment with the CAF. My official enrollment date is in mid-August. I am planning on obtaining at least one Master`s Degree part-time while serving as a full-time Regular Force member. Obviously, I will be extremely busy during BMOQ and will not have time to study part-time. My questions are as follows:

1) When I participate in my trades training after BMOQ, will I have time to study part-time or is the workload so heavy in trades training that I will need to use my own time to study my trade? My trade is Construction Engineering Officer.

2) If it is feasible to actually study towards a Master's Degree part-time during trades training (after BMOQ has been completed), can I start participating in the Individual Learning Plan right away and have the CAF reimburse me for the tuition fees/books?

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. Thanks!

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2018, 14:15:58 »
Focus on your trade training. You'll have plenty of time once you actually start your career at your first posting to study for other stuff. No one cares if you have a master's because you're junk at your real job as you were studying part time instead of focusing on your full time job.

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2019, 21:49:12 »
Heads up for anyone pondering an ILP for a program that you haven't started, they have changed the program, again. Go to the handy dandy CANFORGEN page and all the details are there.

BLUF: If you have an approved ILP you should be good to go but if you are just starting, they have imposed a number of conditions and restrictions.

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2019, 21:58:06 »
Looking for the CANFORGEN on the CAF App.
Do you have a number for it, or is this a new one coming out?
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2019, 22:17:58 »
It was published today and I just had time to read it before heading off for something. I looked for it on the app too so I could cut and paste it in to the thread but...

If nobody does it before I get a chance I will do it tomorrow.

Offline dangerboy

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2019, 08:40:24 »
CANFORGEN 046/19 - CMP 028/19 041536Z APR 19

CHANGES TO CAF REGULAR FORCE EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT (ER) PROGRAM

UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INSTRUCTIONS (CBI) 210.80 TUITION FEES, BOOKS AND INSTRUMENTS
 B. CANFORGEN 136/04 CHANGES TO CF EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT
 C. ADM (HR-MIL) MIL PERS INSTR 17/04 EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT FOR THE REGULAR FORCE
 D. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INSTRUCTIONS (CBI) 210.801 - EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT - PRIMARY RESERVE
 E. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INSTRUCTIONS (CBI) 210.802 - SKILLS COMPLETION PROGRAM - REGULAR FORCE

1. THE REGULAR FORCE EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT (ER) PROGRAM (REFS A-C) IS DESIGNED TO SUPPORT SELF DEVELOPMENT OF CAF MEMBERS THROUGHOUT THEIR CAREERS. THE POPULARITY OF THE PROGRAM NECESSITATES ADJUSTMENTS TO PROGRAM GOVERNANCE IN ORDER TO ASSURE LONG TERM AFFORDABILITY AND TO ENSURE PROGRAMS OF STUDY ALIGN WITH THE CURRENT AND FUTURE NEEDS OF THE CAF. THE ER SUITE OF PROGRAMS IS CURRENTLY BASELINE FUNDED FOR 6.7 MILLION DOLLARS PER FISCAL YEAR. HOWEVER, HISTORICAL EXPENDITURES OVER THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS ARE 12 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR. FISCAL PRUDENCE DEMANDS THAT MEASURES BE UNDERTAKEN TO REDUCE THE COST OF THESE PROGRAMS. TO ENSURE THE ER PROGRAM REMAINS VIABLE, REFINEMENTS ARE NEEDED AS OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING PARAS.

2. FOR THOSE APPLYING FOR THE ER BENEFIT, THEY MUST STILL FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AT REF A WHICH REQUIRES A MEMBER TO HAVE AN AUTHORIZED COURSE OF STUDY IN ORDER TO BE REIMBURSED. AUTHORIZATION CONSISTS OF AN INDIVIDUAL LEARNING PLAN (ILP) APPROVED BY CDA/MILPERSGEN HQ. MEMBERS CAN SUBMIT THEIR ILP FOR APPROVAL BY ACCESSING THE ELECTRONIC INDIVIDUAL LEARNING PROGRAM AT http://HTTP://EILP-PAIE.KINGSTON.MIL.CA/EN/LOGIN/INDEX

3. IAW REFS B AND C, CDA/MILPERSGEN APPROVAL OF AN ILP, FOR REGULAR FORCE MEMBERS SEEKING EDUCATIONAL REIMBURSEMENT, IS PRIMARILY BASED ON WHETHER THE PROPOSED COURSE OF STUDY IS IN THE INTEREST OF THE CAF. EFFECTIVE UPON RELEASE OF THIS CANFORGEN, ILP FOR REGULAR FORCE MEMBERS WILL NOT NORMALLY BE APPROVED WHEN THE PROPOSED COURSE OF STUDY:

a. IS NOT APPLICABLE TO THE MEMBER�S CURRENT OR ANTICIPATED MILITARY ROLE OR OCCUPATION

b. DOES NOT LEAD TO A DIPLOMA OR DEGREE AWARDED FROM AN APPROVED CANADIAN UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE OR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION

c. IS AT A NON-CANADIAN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION

d. LEADS DIRECTLY TO A DOCTORATE DEGREE

e. WOULD REQUIRE REIMBURSEMENT GREATER THAN 28,500 DOLLARS FOR AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OR DIPLOMA

f. WOULD LEAD TO THE MEMBER BEING REIMBURSED MORE THAN 38,000 DOLLARS OVER THE MEMBER�S CAREER IAW REF A

4. PREVIOUSLY APPROVED ILPS WILL CONTINUE TO BE FUNDED AS AGREED BETWEEN CDA/MILPERSGEN AND THE MEMBER. AMENDMENTS TO EXISTING ILPS THAT WOULD CAUSE A BREACH OF PARA 3F LIMITS ABOVE, WILL BE REVIEWED BY CDA/MILPERSGEN, IN CONSULTATION WITH THE MEMBER, BASED ON THESE NEW CRITERIA / RESTRICTIONS

5. NO CHANGE TO REFS D AND E

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
- Lt Gen Lewis B. Puller, USMC

Offline Navy_Pete

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2019, 09:54:22 »
Wow, at $12M per year, they are spending about $170 per member.

Also, with B, will no longer be able to use it for getting professional certifications or similar.

That seems brutally short sighted, but at least they are honest about how cheap they are about actually putting money where their mouth is in terms of funding development of personnel outside the normal checklist for trades