Author Topic: Trades OPEN / CLOSED  (Read 616707 times)

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Trades OPEN / Closed ?
« Reply #1625 on: April 11, 2018, 12:34:11 »
Hi Buck,

I would appreciate if you could give me some suggestions about my current situation. I have been waiting for a long time on the merit list.
I tried to follow up the status of my profile a couple of times from local CFRC. The response information was only about my file is waiting to be selected for a position.
I hope that I could get some feedback about my file or something that I can do.
Thank you.
The only information I can give you is the same information you've already received.  From the sounds of it your file is on the Competition List; no other information can be given other than you're on the Competition List waiting to see if you're competitive enough to receive an offer.  Sorry but in your case there is no "extra" information/feedback to give.

They made contact in less then 24hrs.. which kinda surprised me... email says in bold letters not to call and wait 5 business days before I call.. I repeated it twice.. so I sent the confirmation email back with my info and flowed the instructions
Most emails are "generic" in that the timings are generalized because it could be quicker, but it shouldn't be longer.  Glad to hear that your CFRC contacted within 24 hours; that's fantastic :-)

Offline kevinring

• Rate Post
« Reply #1626 on: April 11, 2018, 15:43:46 »
The only information I can give you is the same information you've already received.  From the sounds of it your file is on the Competition List; no other information can be given other than you're on the Competition List waiting to see if you're competitive enough to receive an offer.  Sorry but in your case there is no "extra" information/feedback to give.

Hi Buck,

Thank you for your reply. I wonder if you could help me to check my file and see if it is competitive for an offer. May I know what kind of factors are normally considered for the selection. Thank you.

CFRC: Ottawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade choice 1: AERE
Trade choice 2: MS ENG
Trade choice 3: NWO
Application Date: March, 2015
First Contact: March, 2015
CFAT: July, 2015
Medical: February 28, 2017
MOST: June, 2018
Interview: March 30, 2017 (August 2018)
Merit list: April, 2017, (August 2018)
Position Offered: ??
Ceremony: ??
BMOQ: ??

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1627 on: April 12, 2018, 14:20:05 »
Hi Buck,

Thank you for your reply. I wonder if you could help me to check my file and see if it is competitive for an offer. May I know what kind of factors are normally considered for the selection. Thank you.

Hello,

While I have experience in Recruiting; actually looking at your file it outside of my "arcs of fire".  I am able to provide generic recruiting advice and in the case of Health Service Occupations become more involved.  Although what I can say is that even if I pulled your file I would tell you the same thing as your CFRC as you cannot be promised an Offer of Employment.

Follow me down the rabbit hole here:
For AERE DEO for 18/19 I believe the SIP is 16.  So lets just say that today you're #10 on that list so it would look like you might receive an offer; however the next selection isn't until 25-April-2018 (using this date as an example) and between now and then 10 stronger applicants make it on the Competition List; so now you're #20 and only 16 are being selected.  However this still doesn't mean that you wouldn't be picked as some might reject their offer and you could move back to #15 on the list and get selected.

This is just one example of why legally the CAF (and Recruiters, MCC's, File Manager's, etc) cannot state whether you are likely to be picked.  Let's say that your CFRC (or even me today) states that yes 100% you're going to get picked this year.  The year roles by and in the case above you get bumped to #20 and everyone accepts their offer and you don't get an offer.  You are now able to make a complaint against the CAF and it's staff for stating that you will be picked.

As for the factors considered, it boils down to three things that make up your score: (1) TSD; (2) CFAT; and (3) Your Interview.  This is what makes your score, if you didn't do well in one of those 3 areas it could impact you getting selected.

Offline kevinring

• Rate Post
« Reply #1628 on: April 13, 2018, 00:12:53 »
Hello,

While I have experience in Recruiting; actually looking at your file it outside of my "arcs of fire".  I am able to provide generic recruiting advice and in the case of Health Service Occupations become more involved.  Although what I can say is that even if I pulled your file I would tell you the same thing as your CFRC as you cannot be promised an Offer of Employment.

Follow me down the rabbit hole here:
For AERE DEO for 18/19 I believe the SIP is 16.  So lets just say that today you're #10 on that list so it would look like you might receive an offer; however the next selection isn't until 25-April-2018 (using this date as an example) and between now and then 10 stronger applicants make it on the Competition List; so now you're #20 and only 16 are being selected.  However this still doesn't mean that you wouldn't be picked as some might reject their offer and you could move back to #15 on the list and get selected.

This is just one example of why legally the CAF (and Recruiters, MCC's, File Manager's, etc) cannot state whether you are likely to be picked.  Let's say that your CFRC (or even me today) states that yes 100% you're going to get picked this year.  The year roles by and in the case above you get bumped to #20 and everyone accepts their offer and you don't get an offer.  You are now able to make a complaint against the CAF and it's staff for stating that you will be picked.

As for the factors considered, it boils down to three things that make up your score: (1) TSD; (2) CFAT; and (3) Your Interview.  This is what makes your score, if you didn't do well in one of those 3 areas it could impact you getting selected.

Hi Buck,
Thank you for taking your precious time to give a further explanation. I feel much better understanding about the selection process.
The reason that I reach out and try to get the feedback is I hope that I can prepare for the future enrollment if I am lucky being selected. According to the selection criteria, I am still confident that my file is completive. I look forward to hearing good news in this year.
Again, I really appreciate the information that you provided.
CFRC: Ottawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade choice 1: AERE
Trade choice 2: MS ENG
Trade choice 3: NWO
Application Date: March, 2015
First Contact: March, 2015
CFAT: July, 2015
Medical: February 28, 2017
MOST: June, 2018
Interview: March 30, 2017 (August 2018)
Merit list: April, 2017, (August 2018)
Position Offered: ??
Ceremony: ??
BMOQ: ??

Offline Ceasar1989

• Rate Post
« Reply #1629 on: April 15, 2018, 14:14:17 »
Good morning Buck,

I am just wondering about intel ops for NAVRES. How many positions are still available? I went through the recruitment process very quickly so far. I completed all the steps and my reference checks have also been completed. The last time I spoke with my file manager he just said “ my file indicates I should receive a letter soon about my reliability status and that I’m still good for intel ops” even though it now shows closed online.
 I don’t have a criminal record just some over due bills which I explained in the interview and the captain said that is nothing to worry about. It’s been 3 weeks since that letter should been mailed out and have not received anything.  Also I think I may have missed a couple of calls from the military I can’t be sure but I never get private numbers calling me.

Sorry for the long post any advice you can give me here?

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1630 on: April 17, 2018, 21:03:43 »
Good morning Buck,

I am just wondering about intel ops for NAVRES. How many positions are still available? I went through the recruitment process very quickly so far. I completed all the steps and my reference checks have also been completed. The last time I spoke with my file manager he just said “ my file indicates I should receive a letter soon about my reliability status and that I’m still good for intel ops” even though it now shows closed online.
 I don’t have a criminal record just some over due bills which I explained in the interview and the captain said that is nothing to worry about. It’s been 3 weeks since that letter should been mailed out and have not received anything.  Also I think I may have missed a couple of calls from the military I can’t be sure but I never get private numbers calling me.

Sorry for the long post any advice you can give me here?

Hello, please note that the Reserves is in charge of their own recruiting.  Last I was informed each unit within NAVRES has their own numbers; so your best bet to find out how many positions are left is to speak with the recruiting at the NAVRES unit that you're joining - failing that I know NAVRES also has Regional Recruiters that are responsible for a set number of units within their region.

Offline Rtse716

• Rate Post
Question about Open/Closed trades
« Reply #1631 on: May 10, 2018, 19:14:26 »
Hello,

After searching the topic, there is one aspect of closed/open trades that I would like to clarify. If a trade is closed, does that mean that no new applications are being processed as well as no new selections? Or does that mean no new applications are being processed but selections are stilling running for applicants who made the competition list before that trade closed?

Thank you.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1632 on: May 14, 2018, 10:57:41 »
Hello,

After searching the topic, there is one aspect of closed/open trades that I would like to clarify. If a trade is closed, does that mean that no new applications are being processed as well as no new selections? Or does that mean no new applications are being processed but selections are stilling running for applicants who made the competition list before that trade closed?

Thank you.

Depends where you are getting your "closed" information from.

Now Hiring on the website is self explanatory.

However beyond that there is "closed" at 3 levels:

Level 1) Closed for Marketing (i.e. you won't see "Now Hiring" on the website) - this means there are enough files in the Ready for Testing, & Tested (Read for Medical / Interview) stages to no longer accept applications for that occupation.

Level 2) Closed for Processing - this means that there are enough files on the Competition List that no files within the CFRC's need to be processed any further as there are enough applicants on the competition list to fill the Intake for the year.

Level 3) Closed to Competitions (i.e. Intake Completed) - this means that all positions for that occupation have been filled for the year, no further competitions / selections for that occupation will occur that year.

Offline Rtse716

• Rate Post
« Reply #1633 on: May 16, 2018, 20:00:39 »

Turns out, the trade I was looking at was open and I just got offered Int Op!
Thanks for the info

Offline Primus

• Rate Post
« Reply #1634 on: May 18, 2018, 21:05:43 »
Hey buck, haven't been able to get the info from my CFRC. I was just wondering when selections are happening again for W TECH L?
Also, how many position are left for this year? They only told me there weren't many left, nothing specifc.  Any info you can provide would be some peace of mind.
I'd rather know I don't have a chance this year than just keep wondering if I'm gonna be selected. I can just focus on other things until I can get another chance next year, I guess.

Thank you for your time.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1635 on: May 24, 2018, 14:33:51 »
Hey buck, haven't been able to get the info from my CFRC. I was just wondering when selections are happening again for W TECH L?
Also, how many position are left for this year? They only told me there weren't many left, nothing specifc.  Any info you can provide would be some peace of mind.
I'd rather know I don't have a chance this year than just keep wondering if I'm gonna be selected. I can just focus on other things until I can get another chance next year, I guess.

Thank you for your time.

W Tech L is basically full for the year; there's a few positions remaining (1-2) but your CFRC is correct in stating not many are left.  Whether you have a chance or not, I'm not sure where you are on the Competition List so it's hard to say.

Offline Rampo

• Rate Post
« Reply #1636 on: May 28, 2018, 15:32:34 »
Hi Buck,

I'm wondering how many positions remain for LOG DEO and SIGS DEO for this fiscal year.
Also, how many spots are left for the English BMOQ for August and September?

Thank you!

Offline Primus

• Rate Post
« Reply #1637 on: May 28, 2018, 20:44:43 »
W Tech L is basically full for the year; there's a few positions remaining (1-2) but your CFRC is correct in stating not many are left.  Whether you have a chance or not, I'm not sure where you are on the Competition List so it's hard to say.

Thank you as always, Buck.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1638 on: May 29, 2018, 09:59:53 »
Hi Buck,

I'm wondering how many positions remain for LOG DEO and SIGS DEO for this fiscal year.
Also, how many spots are left for the English BMOQ for August and September?

Thank you!

As of today's date:
LOG DEO is essentially filled for the year
SIGS DEO is about 30% filled for the year
Aug BMOQ is essentially full
Sep BMOQ is the course being loaded currently by selections

Offline Rampo

• Rate Post
« Reply #1639 on: May 29, 2018, 10:29:25 »
As of today's date:
LOG DEO is essentially filled for the year
SIGS DEO is about 30% filled for the year
Aug BMOQ is essentially full
Sep BMOQ is the course being loaded currently by selections

Thank you Buck and I always appreciate the response for all the questions!

Offline NDB_123

• Rate Post
« Reply #1640 on: May 29, 2018, 13:41:39 »
Hi Buck,

I was wondering how many spots were still open for DEO PLT for this year?

Offline smallzeroman445

• Rate Post
« Reply #1641 on: May 29, 2018, 15:08:56 »
Curious .. I did my Cfat in beginning of May..I  was told I did well and passed... still no medical appointment yet. Could that be because trades are closed(combat engineer and infantry) I have talked to the recruiter once since then And was told to hang tight... but feel kinda like I’m missing something now.. cuz originally was told would be 5 to 7 days before they call and set it up.. would they notify me if there was a problem? Sorry posting on a phone that seems to hate this site

Offline LegioXEquestris

• Rate Post
« Reply #1642 on: May 30, 2018, 00:31:06 »
Good Day Buck,

Do you know how many positions are left for DEO Infantry, Artillery, and Armour for this fiscal year? Thanks so much.
Infantry DEO - BMOQ Jan 2019

Offline SomeCodingNobody

• Rate Post
« Reply #1643 on: May 30, 2018, 19:54:08 »
I'm also curious on how many are available for Signal Officers and CELE officers, if it wouldn't inconvience you, Buck.

Offline silva90

• Rate Post
« Reply #1644 on: June 01, 2018, 17:53:06 »
Hi, could you tell me how many positions are still available until Dec. 2018 for the following trades:

Aviation Systems Tech and Water-Fuels Tech in english or french?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1645 on: June 04, 2018, 10:31:03 »
Hi Buck,

I was wondering how many spots were still open for DEO PLT for this year?

As of today's date there are approx 80% positions remaining for DEO PLT for this Fiscal Year.

Curious .. I did my Cfat in beginning of May..I  was told I did well and passed... still no medical appointment yet. Could that be because trades are closed(combat engineer and infantry) I have talked to the recruiter once since then And was told to hang tight... but feel kinda like I’m missing something now.. cuz originally was told would be 5 to 7 days before they call and set it up.. would they notify me if there was a problem? Sorry posting on a phone that seems to hate this site

Processing depends on the CFRC and the priority of occupations that they're dealing with.  CBT ENG & INFMN are no where close to being closed; follow up with your CFRC.

Good Day Buck,

Do you know how many positions are left for DEO Infantry, Artillery, and Armour for this fiscal year? Thanks so much.

As of today's date there are approx.
1) 95% positions remaining for DEO INF
2) 77% positions remaining for DEO ARTY
3) 95% positions remaining for DEO ARMD

I'm also curious on how many are available for Signal Officers and CELE officers, if it wouldn't inconvience you, Buck.

1) 72% positions remaining for DEO SIGS
2) 42% positions remaining for DEO CELE (AIR)

Hi, could you tell me how many positions are still available until Dec. 2018 for the following trades:

Aviation Systems Tech and Water-Fuels Tech in english or french?

Thanks in advance.

Please note that the recruiting year is the same as the fiscal year (1-Apr to 31-Mar) and not the calendar year (1-Jan to 31-Dec).

1) 65% positions remaining for NCM Unskilled AVN TECH
2) 50% positions remaining for NCM Unskilled WFE TECH

Offline Falles

• Rate Post
« Reply #1646 on: June 04, 2018, 11:36:43 »
Hello,

Would you happen to know if all the DEO spots for Intelligence Officer have been filled for 2018/2019
Thanks for your help

Offline gazorpazorpfield

• Rate Post
« Reply #1647 on: June 05, 2018, 10:39:27 »
Hi Buck,
How many positions are open for NWO FY 2018-19?
Thanks
Recruiting Centre: Regina (SK)
Entry plan: Regular DEO
Choice 1: PILOT (Dropped)
Choice 2: MARS/NWO
Choice 3: ARMOUR OFFICER

Applied:        July 31/17
First Contact: Oct 03/17
CFAT/TSD:    Oct 24/17
Medical:        Nov 16/17
MOST:          Mar 09/18
Interview:     Mar 09/18
Medical supplementary forms submitted: Nov 22/17
Merit Listed:  Mar 12/18
Position Offered:   June 15/18 - NWO
Swearing In:   Aug 29/18
BMOQ:   Sep 10/18

Offline LegioXEquestris

• Rate Post
« Reply #1648 on: June 05, 2018, 14:01:28 »
Hi Buck,
How many positions are open for NWO FY 2018-19?
Thanks

Hey Gazor, Buck answered in a separate thread in Selection Dates.

3. As of today's date approx 75% of the DEO MS ENG positions are open and approx 80% of the DEO NWO positions remain open.

Cheers

Edit: there are 45 positions in total for 18/19 DEO NWO according to the DEO Intake thread.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 14:17:15 by LegioXEquestris »
Infantry DEO - BMOQ Jan 2019

Offline gazorpazorpfield

• Rate Post
« Reply #1649 on: June 05, 2018, 14:52:22 »
Hey, thanks Legio, very sharp. :D
Recruiting Centre: Regina (SK)
Entry plan: Regular DEO
Choice 1: PILOT (Dropped)
Choice 2: MARS/NWO
Choice 3: ARMOUR OFFICER