• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

They are here. Who is organizing all the protests? Supplying the flags and banners? Creating the slogans? Why are these anti Semitic parades still allowed?
I’m talking about on army.ca for a discussion.
FWIW, if I encounter them, it’ll likely be in the context of me being called out for something shitty, so should it come to that I’ll certainly have skin in the game.

I really believe the head shed of the RCMP has been compromised, years ago.

CLIP: Brock CHALLENGES RCMP on NOT Pursuing Charges for Justin Trudeau

Appreciate your assessment of the criminal aspects both of the terrorism Act and the potential of C-63, brother. In the purity of a balanced government and society, I would believe you are 100%…or at least 99.9999999% right. Here it comes though…BUT, I can’t help but feel that for almost the last ten years (~8.27yrs), there has been both a greater effort by Government to flex/play loose with legislations (intent vs execution), policies and regulations (OICs for weapons, EA, digital news, now C-63) and to include the participation of semi/para-judicial organizations (like CHRC that can put real, demonstrable hurt on people without a concomitant accountability and control as the justice system has in place) to influence more greatly, where previously Canadians could truly trust that they rights and freedoms were not respected and protected…ALL law-abiding Canadians. Don’t get me wrong, I wish the government would actually support this aspects of justice and law enforcement so that for the true haters who are conducting themselves in solid criminally unlawful territory (not just hurt feelings land) could be more effectively dealt with. I just feel as though the way the government is adding little ‘innocuous’ bits here and there into the proposed Legislation and their past track record for generous justification to use generous interpretations of existing legislations, regulations or policies…it’s greeeeasy…

View attachment 83579
This hits the nail on the head, re why I have concerns also...

Yes, the legislation causes me some concern. But maybe that concern isn't justified, and it'll turn out to be a big nothing burger...

What does cause me some real concern though, is who it is that's pushing this.

The who, in this case, is equal in concern to the what...

The only thing I expect from this government is shady business deals, bad economic choices, broken promises, complete hypocrisy, and a general pattern of behaviour that most Canadians find inconsistent with good values.

I have yet to see a single piece of legislation pushed through by this government that is truly intended to help Canadians. I have however, time & time again, seen this government introduce legislation & do things that are in the absolute, total opposite of Canadian's best interests.

I really believe the head shed of the RCMP has been compromised, years ago.

CLIP: Brock CHALLENGES RCMP on NOT Pursuing Charges for Justin Trudeau

I like Brock!! A LOT!! I have a ton of respect for him for staying on top of things, and pushing to get the public the answers they deserve - definitely a solid MP if there ever was one 👌

The MP to the left side of the screen (to Brock's right) is Michael Cooper, another strong MP who happens to be my MP. I couldn't be happier with him as my MP

I have yet to see a single piece of legislation pushed through by this government that is truly intended to help Canadians. I have however, time & time again, seen this government introduce legislation & do things that are in the absolute, total opposite of Canadian's best interests.
Look, I don't totally disagree with you in principle, but I can't not call out hyperbole when I see it.

You're saying NONE of the following was truly intended to help Canadians? I think you might be letting more recent legislation that was enacted in a very tone deaf manor might be clouding your perception.

Canada Child Benefit Act.
Pay Equity Act.
EI Parental Sharing Benefit.
Legalized Cannabis.
Reduced small business federal tax rate from 11% to 9%.
Canada Workers Benefit Act.
Dental.
Pharmacare.

Look, I don't totally disagree with you in principle, but I can't not call out hyperbole when I see it.

You're saying NONE of the following was truly intended to help Canadians? I think you might be letting more recent legislation that was enacted in a very tone deaf manor might be clouding your perception.

Canada Child Benefit Act.
Pay Equity Act.
EI Parental Sharing Benefit.
Legalized Cannabis.
Reduced small business federal tax rate from 11% to 9%.
Canada Workers Benefit Act.
Dental.
Pharmacare.
I call bull. The dental programme and the pharmacare programme are crap. Indeed the pharacare is nothing more than a list of stated objectives painted to look like legislation. The CCB is the baby bonus redone for the 21st century and is intended to ensure votes from the lower income groups. Doesn't really cost a lot as the 34,000 cap is so low that most exceed it. Legalized cannibis is already coming back to haunt the drug addiction numbers. I will concede the small business issue. Pay equity is an issue that has been developing over the last several decades. That Trudeau and co. actually codified it is good but it only piggy backs on previously existing provincial statutes. It does more to ensure that the feds got caught up to the rest of the country. In return for all these so-called improvements, they have instigated distrust with our closest allies, thrown the Israelis an anchor and not a life belt, attempted to destroy the entire oil industry, ensured that no export facilities for said industries will ever get approved, allowed civil unrest to reach unprecedented levels, frozen bank accounts, chosen to make one group (truckers) a scapegoat for their own inaction whilst allowing a second group (indigenous) to run rampant, burn churches, blockade railways and severely damage expensive systems.

I call bull. The dental programme and the pharmacare programme are crap. Indeed the pharacare is nothing more than a list of stated objectives painted to look like legislation. The CCB is the baby bonus redone for the 21st century and is intended to ensure votes from the lower income groups. Doesn't really cost a lot as the 34,000 cap is so low that most exceed it. Legalized cannibis is already coming back to haunt the drug addiction numbers. I will concede the small business issue. Pay equity is an issue that has been developing over the last several decades. That Trudeau and co. actually codified it is good but it only piggy backs on previously existing provincial statutes. It does more to ensure that the feds got caught up to the rest of the country. In return for all these so-called improvements, they have instigated distrust with our closest allies, thrown the Israelis an anchor and not a life belt, attempted to destroy the entire oil industry, ensured that no export facilities for said industries will ever get approved, allowed civil unrest to reach unprecedented levels, frozen bank accounts, chosen to make one group (truckers) a scapegoat for their own inaction whilst allowing a second group (indigenous) to run rampant, burn churches, blockade railways and severely damage expensive systems.
There's a difference between intentions and actions/outcomes. Pretty much everything governments do is "intended to help X", where "X" can be anything from "all Canadians" to "some small group of people". That programs are engineered to attract votes by doing as little as possible while claiming as much as possible, or are measurable failures after inception that ought to be discontinued by rational people who measure what they do and use that to recalibrate or discontinue a program, are separate issues from whether or not intentions were good.

Arguing "intentions" is a waste of time. Argue the stated goals and the actual outcomes.

Now that the horses are outta the barn ....

Also, Team Red's coach is polling well below "none of the above" in one recent poll ...
Screenshot 2024-03-07 111009.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-07 111030.jpg
Also archived here if previous link doesn't work.

Previously Liberal-friendly Nik Nanos describes Trudeau’s Liberals plummeting into “disaster territory.”

At this rate, the NDP are set to pass the Liberals in popularity.

IMG_3784.jpeg

Jesus you're sensitive. What a waste of time and energy.

The claim was that not a single piece of legislation was enacted with the intention of helping Canadians.

Previously Liberal-friendly Nik Nanos describes Trudeau’s Liberals plummeting into “disaster territory.”

At this rate, the NDP are set to pass the Liberals in popularity.

View attachment 83604

When Harper ran out his welcome, the third place party jumped into office (helped tremendously by a Conservative senator challenging their leader to a boxing match and losing badly). The following two elections were a rejection of Scheer and an example of successfully buying the electorate. In other words, the CPC lost an election, followed by two minority governments where the opposition failed to win, more than the incumbent won.

These numbers look like a regression to the mean.

We’ll see how the postponed (April vice traditional February announcement) Federal budget and potentially Trudeau’s attempting to buy the electorate and potentially push Canada’s debt perilously close to 2 TRILLION DOLLARS, will help his numbers…

I will always say, one of my biggest mistakes is not voting for Harper when he ran against JT and the LPC. That was the last time I will every cast a vote for team red. They seem have made it their mission since that election to ensure I never will again. And I don't think I'm alone.

At one time I was a swing voter, undecided. I've voted LPC, Con and NDP. Well, the LPC have firmly educated me on where I stand on the Canadian political spectrum, and its proudly Conservative.

I'm sorry Mr. Harper, please come back. Maybe bring Rona Ambrose with you ?

Jesus you're sensitive. What a waste of time and energy.

The claim was that not a single piece of legislation was enacted with the intention of helping Canadians.
no, I just hate to see the Libs given any credit whatsoever.

Why? Should credit not be given where credit is due? Why can't you hate the libs for all the reasons they deserve hate (and there are many) and simultaneously praise the for any good ideas? Politics doesn't have to be a zero sum game.
because, I cannot forget the things like his treatment of two female cabinet ministers who lost because they were more ethical than himself or his treatment of a female reporter years ago or yes, his hypocrisy coming through with the blackface photos. I'm sure that he has some redeeming qualities but then so did Billy the Kid.

Back