• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trust in our Institutions

Has your trust in our institutions changed?

• I trust them more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
When the current PM took office in 2015, there was a promise of more openness in Government because according to the new PM, previous administration had abused the trust of Canadians and they were going to regain it. Almost nine years later do you think that promise was kept? Or has your trust in the government and the institutions it control changed?

When the current PM took office in 2015, there was a promise of more openness in Government because according to the new PM, previous administration had abused the trust of Canadians and they were going to regain it. Almost nine years later do you think that promise was kept? Or has your trust in the government and the institutions it control changed?

Apologies if I've overused this quote ;)

"A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen."

Winston Churchill

@TWilsonOttawa on X

“The Supreme Court of Canada ruled in a recent sexual assault case that it was “problematic” for a lower court judge to refer to the alleged victim as a “woman,” implying that the more appropriate term should have been “person with a vagina.” After generations of women fighting to be equal, recognized - we have been reduced to an organ.

FIRST READING: Supreme Court decision says the word 'woman' is confusing, 'unfortunate'

A decision in a sexual assault case implied that the complainant should be properly known as a 'person with a vagina'

FIRST READING: Supreme Court decision says the word 'woman' is confusing, 'unfortunate'

A decision in a sexual assault case implied that the complainant should be properly known as a 'person with a vagina'
My first response was that such a statement was unbelievable and that it was made by a female justice no less. Sadly, though, this kind of Orwellian crap is becoming increasingly a normal thing. Interestingly there was no mention of any transgender people in the court case. I know I’m getting on in years (I’m well into my 70s) and that most generations like to think that things were better when they were younger, but I really am worried about what is happening to our civilization amidst the efforts to remove any inequalities in our society. The way wokeism is going, the French Revolution may end up looking like a peaceful picnic in May.

Things like the Phoenix pay system deeply damaged my trust in the systems and the guardians who were supposed to ensure it worked before and after implementation. Those people in charge failed in their duty, were never held to account for it and thousands of people paid a price for trusting them. That rot is not limited to just the pay system, but it is epidemic in government and even in the corporate side. Their is a certain value of have heads on pikes outside of the gate to remind others that due diligence is required by those that make the decisions.

Not only do I trust less the current Federal government, I don't trust period our current provincial government, which brought up yesterday a budget with a 11B$ deficit. Yes, you read this correctly, 11 billion dollars deficit, and they seemed happy about it. Not to mention 40%+ of our infrastructures (schools, hospitals) are listed as ''almost falling into pieces''. Which is another problem that will require even more money in a near future.

Quebec will never recover from this. We are sinking down and the future of this province will be ugly.

Quebec will never recover from this. We are sinking down and the future of this province will be ugly.
There's too much overstatement of problems. People everywhere almost always manage to muddle through. What will be ugly is something people are not going to experience because they are not going to know enough to miss it - what their prosperity and standard of life could have been if "pay your own way as you go" was a fundamental principle of governance.

The need of Provincial and even more so Municipal politicians to promise to "Do something during my term" to appease the small number of engaged voters is part of the cost spiral. They keep adding more infrastructure, while not being able to maintain what they have. I am waiting for someone on the Municipal level to "I promise to build nothing new" and work to towards sustaining what we have and finding small but cumulative cost savings.

@TWilsonOttawa on X

“The Supreme Court of Canada ruled in a recent sexual assault case that it was “problematic” for a lower court judge to refer to the alleged victim as a “woman,” implying that the more appropriate term should have been “person with a vagina.” After generations of women fighting to be equal, recognized - we have been reduced to an organ.
This is exactly the position that got JK Rowling in trouble a few years ago.

This is exactly the position that got JK Rowling in trouble a few years ago.

Not past tense.
Present tense.

The Geordies didn't give it the right answer so it went to the Scots who have their own messed up courts.

Not past tense.
Present tense.

The Geordies didn't give it the right answer so it went to the Scots who have their own messed up courts.
In the meantime Vlad P. is probably laughing himself silly in the Kremlin over all the disunity going on in the West.

Basically the justice wrote that only “a person with a vagina” would know what it feels like to have a penis inserted into a vagina, and that cannot be mistaken ostensibly inferring that while there are other forms of penetration, this type is special. She could have said that in the human species (towards which the criminal code applies) only a woman has a vagina. And now Parliament is going to have to put that into law and in particular most likely the criminal code.
This was a clever move by the court that drives a sword through the throat of all the bull 💩.

Back