• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

It was very eye-opening for the Prime Minister. Apparently it was not what he'd been hearing from closest advisors..
Unfortunately today's prime minister's closest advisors are of the same ilk as that prime minister's.

There are a group of people in the political sphere that are simply Pollyannas. They are the heirs of several generations of peace and prosperity and simply can't conceive of a different situation even when it is staring them in the face.

🍻

RCAF units don’t have mail clerks either - although they are on bases which would have a post office.
I guess the point is the Post Office is a potential universal connector.

I guess the point is the Post Office is a potential universal connector.
Not really... Canada Post is a Crown Corporation, and as such is not part of the PS or CAF. They cost so much that most postal interactions are subcontracted to Shopers Drug Mart, or other local suppliers.

If you aren't in a Canada Post building, you're likely not talking to a Canada Post employee, rather a subcontractor.

They could be a "great connector" , but they'd cost more than CAF Posties, and do less.

Not really... Canada Post is a Crown Corporation, and as such is not part of the PS or CAF. They cost so much that most postal interactions are subcontracted to Shoper Drug Mart, or other local suppliers.

If you aren't in a Canada Post building, you're likely not talking to a Canada Post employee, rather a subcontractor.

They could be a "great connector" , but they'd cost more than CAF Posties, and do less.

Canada Post wasn't always a Crown Corporation

Originally known as Royal Mail Canada (the operating name of the Post Office Department of the Canadian government founded in 1867), the Canada Post Corporation Act of 1981 abolished the Post Office Department and created the present-day Crown corporation that provides postal service

The Royal Mail can trace its history back to 1516, when Henry VIII established a "Master of the Posts",[9] a position that was renamed "Postmaster General" in 1710.[10]

Upon his accession to the throne of England at the Union of the Crowns in 1603, James VI moved his court to London. One of his first acts from London was to establish the royal postal service between London and Edinburgh, in an attempt to retain control over the Scottish Privy Council.[11]

The Royal Mail service was first made available to the public by Charles I on 31 July 1635, with postage being paid by the recipient.

There was a reason for all the letter boxes and uniforms carrying the Royal Cypher of the reigning monarch. It was a government service. At least is was until people started blowing up those boxes because of the Royal Cypher.

Canada Post wasn't always a Crown Corporation

There was a reason for all the letter boxes and uniforms carrying the Royal Cypher of the reigning monarch. It was a government service. At least is was until people started blowing up those boxes because of the Royal Cypher.
In the words of the great philosopher...

Though I suspect you're picturing...

The kicker was when the Star started reporting on it.

Sun is right. NaPo is right. Globe is centre-left. Star is left. If the Star is saying something, then it’s pretty significant.

So is the Star
When it comes to the Defence issue this current government really doesn't have many friends left.
Whether or not they understand this is an other matter.
I think they definitely understand but until there is that one way chat from someone bigger and stronger, as Pierre endured during the 70's,then its business as usual. What did Pierre wind up buying after the chat. Oh thats right 128 Leopards,138 Hornets , 18 Aurora's and 6 Halifax Frigates and new trucks.

I think they definitely understand but until there is that one way chat from someone bigger and stronger, as Pierre endured during the 70's,then its business as usual. What did Pierre wind up buying after the chat. Oh thats right 128 Leopards,138 Hornets , 18 Aurora's and 6 Halifax Frigates and new trucks.
NATO can talk til its blue in the face and this PM will not or cannot take a hint. He's too invested in carbon taxes and saving the planet. AND he's not a tall tree....but.....

Someone, somewhere seems to be putting their foot down and telling him what he's going to do...

88 F-35's, 16 Poseidons, 9 MRTT, 360-ish ACSV's to bolster the LAV 6 fleet, a fancy alien radar somewhere in Ontario to monitor the Arctic (it ain't cheap) - seems like someone has been telling them what they're going to do as of late...thank goodness

Someone, somewhere seems to be putting their foot down and telling him what he's going to do...

88 F-35's, 16 Poseidons, 9 MRTT, 360-ish ACSV's to bolster the LAV 6 fleet, a fancy alien radar somewhere in Ontario to monitor the Arctic (it ain't cheap) - seems like someone has been telling them what they're going to do as of late...thank goodness
Aside from the ACSVs, the rest can be tied to NORAD so guess who is talking…

Back