• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

So, this is very simplified, but it some of the considerations that go into how affordable childcare plays a role in our larger issues around population growth, labour force participation, temporary workers, and housing.
It would be nice if what you say was actually happening but it isn't and it never has. You have forgotten one very important feature of human nature: greed. Child care has become essential because both parents have to work just to make ends meet. We want and purchase bigger cars, houses TVs, cottages, boats RVs. At a dollar down and a dollar a week we are in hoc for the next couple of centuries so both of us have to work. Equality has nothing to do with it. It is pure financial necessity. My generation was the last one that actually had a choice on whether both parents pursued careers or whether one or the other stayed home. and yes it was most often the mother. Now it is compulsory to work to pay for all those toys in the garage. If you have a boat or RV or a fancy SUV I should not be covering your daycare costs. You don't deserve it. Sell your toys and look after your own family. Then provide a decent daycare service for those at the bottom of the ladder who actually need two jobs or even one because they are a single parent to get by. But they probably live in an area where daycare isn't readily available. The big companies like it in the burbs so they are SOL anyways.

I've seen a few of these stories. Liberals making promises but not delivering.

Ottawa daycare operators say $10/day program not working, warning of closures

read it again, the operative word was increased benefits like. Nothing was said about cancelling. The reply was all about parties having to work together and come up with an agreed generational plan
I read it as those promises should not have been made or enacted, my bad.

I've seen a few of these stories. Liberals making promises but not delivering.

Ottawa daycare operators say $10/day program not working, warning of closures

Old news...

Matthew Lau: Failing national daycare is Liberals’ fault, not anyone else’s​

Ottawa's new $10-a-day daycare is causing shortages everywhere, not just in the Conservative provinces the federal Liberals want to blame

As the Trudeau government’s national child care plan proves to be an expensive shambles, creating widespread shortages and destroying private child care businesses, Liberals and their supporters are trying to scapegoat provincial governments, notably in Alberta and Ontario where nominally Conservative governments are a politically convenient target. But while provincial implementation has often been poor, the national child care plan was doomed from the start and the Trudeau government must accept the blame for the program’s misguided vision and bad design.

The national program is failing, not only in Alberta and Ontario, but from coast to coast, including in NDP-governed British Columbia and Newfoundland and Labrador, whose provincial government is Liberal. In fact, Statistics Canada reports that among families using child care, an astounding 67.2 per cent in Newfoundland and Labrador had difficulty finding care last year — higher than in any other province and double the 33.5 per cent who had trouble finding it in 2019.

This is a problem created, not only by government-inflated demand, but also by lower supply: the number of children aged 0-5 years using child care in Newfoundland and Labrador is down by 20 per cent versus 2019. Meanwhile, the province second on the list for difficulty finding care is British Columbia, with 58.5 per cent of families using it saying they had trouble, up from 46.5 per cent in 2019 — also with fewer children in child care than pre-pandemic.

The way this Govt subsidized daycare is about the worst possible way of doing it. They selected only a narrow way of providing childcare (commercial operators) and most operators don’t like the funding envelope.

I think a better way was the CPC method, pre-2015. You get credits/refunds, but find the way that works for you. In some cases that means relatives or it means a parent stays home. But, at least, the choice is with the parents.

That sounds an awful lot like giving people the freedom to do what works best for them, and allowing them some freedom of choices...

That's not how Trudeaud does things.

The fact that national childcare was working far more efficiently prior to 2015, and has since declined for both operators and customers alike since 2015, just reaffirms the points I've been trying make for a while now.

For a vast majority of people, life under Harper was just easier, better, with far more opportunities. Partially because he was a great PM (in my opinion anyway) but also partially (and significantly) because Trudeau sucks so bad & screws up literally anything he touches...

He's this odd combination of being diabolically clever in some ways, while also being the dumbest motherf**ker in most rooms he finds himself in.

For a vast majority of people, life under Harper was just easier, better, with far more opportunities. Partially because he was a great PM (in my opinion anyway) but also partially (and significantly) because Trudeau sucks so bad & screws up literally anything he touches...

He's this odd combination of being diabolically clever in some ways, while also being the dumbest motherf**ker in most rooms he finds himself in.
Exactly this.

Harper wasn't dripping with charisma, but he was a semi-competent politician whi was able to adjust policy to suit the landscape before him. Trudeau doesn't know how to form a sentence that isn't pre-written by his staffers.

I'll just leave this here for comment.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1711900417417.jpg
    FB_IMG_1711900417417.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 35
Even the GoC's own website listing public holidays refers to last Friday as "Good Friday and tomorrow as "Easter Monday", not March Holiday Friday and Monday. Did Minster Taylor not get the memo?
Take a breath. That was posted yesterday, which was merely Saturday. This was posted today at 8 am:

Nobody from routine government comms is working on the long weekend posting these. These are automated pre-written posts through social media managing software.

Take a breath. That was posted yesterday, which was merely Saturday. This was posted today at 8 am:

Nobody from routine government comms is working on the long weekend posting these. These are automated pre-written posts through social media managing sobeware.

Sure that makes sense.

It's just a little strange to wish people a happy March holiday season on March 30th with one day left in March, when you plan to wish people happy Easter the next day.

So, a bit of a kick in the dick to Ukraine if we give the Ukrainian refugees an easier path to permanent residency. Ukraine will desperately need these people back to rebuild and repopulate.

Since when did we care about our immigration policies effects on the losing countries?

Since when did we care about our immigration policies effects on the losing countries?
They’re refugees, not immigrants. Related, but not the same. They have a country to go back to, that they’re badly needed in. Once it’s safe enough to do so.

Nobody from routine government comms is working on the long weekend posting these. These are automated pre-written posts through social media managing software.
Well, I've been on this planet a tad longer than you and I've never, ever heard of the Easter being referred to as the "March holiday weekend". Admittedly, that caught me off guard.

Well, I've been on this planet a tad longer than you and I've never, ever heard of the Easter being referred to as the "March holiday weekend". Admittedly, that caught me off guard.
Sure, but there’s also been an increased recognition that multiple religions often have holy days overlapping either other directly or in the same span of time. The Christians don’t have a lock on this particular weekend, notwithstanding that their traditions are the ones that got recognized by statutory holidays.

Back