• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

You mean the bare-ass desert? Because the habitable parts of the Sinai are already inhabited, farmed, built up etc. Also you’re just right back to promoting ethnic cleansing again.
And IIRC the Sinai is controlled by Egypt and they already have problems with local terrorist groups so I doubt if they would allow millions of Gaza Palestinians to re-settle there.

So tell me again who has been the obstacle to peace& justice for the last 60 years?
All the Arab countries surrounding Israrel that steadfastly refuse to allow Palestinians into their nations.

If only Palestinians’ Arab brothers and sisters allowed Palestinians into the Arab Ummah…alas, it seems not to be…not the Egyptians, nor the Jordanians, nor the Saudis, nor Syrians, nor Iraqis, nor beyond…none will allow Palestinians to live amongst them.

All the Arab countries surrounding Israrel that steadfastly refuse to allow Palestinians into their nations.

If only Palestinians’ Arab brothers and sisters allowed Palestinians into the Arab Ummah…alas, it seems not to be…not the Egyptians, nor the Jordanians, nor the Saudis, nor Syrians, nor Iraqis, nor beyond…none will allow Palestinians to live amongst them.
Palestinians sealed their own fate with Black September.

Because angry, desperate, disenfranchised Palestinians served a purpose for proxy wars.

I'm not sure why so many are denying the plausible case of genocide in Gaza.

I don't know about you but I'll take the words of Raz Segal, the Israeli Professor of Holocaust and Genocide Studies who 7 days into this war described it as a "Text book case of Genocide":

And if that's not enough, then I'll take the opinion of Aryeh Neier, a German-born Jewish Holocaust survivor who founded Human Rights Watch. At the beginning of the war, he wasn't convinced of it, then he recently determined that "Israel is engaged in genocide against Palestinians in Gaza".
Here he is with Fareed Zakaria on GPS last week:
My family is Polish and lived through the Nazi occupation. During the Warsaw uprising in 1944, over 150,000 civilians were killed. Most of these, however, we not killed by collateral damage; rather, the Germans dragged them out of their homes and murdered them in the streets. Their objective was to attempt to demoralize the resistant fighters, as the Germans didn't want to risk heavy fighting in urban center of Warsaw, and the resistance fighters were well dug in. Their planned backfired and actually strengthened the resolve of the uprising fighters.

What's my point? 150,000 to 200,000 civilians killed in cold blood, but I wouldn't even call that genocide because their intent wasn't to try and destroy the Polish people (yes, the Germans actually did have a plan to ethnically cleanse the Polish people through mass murder and assimilation into German culture, but in this case these deaths were not part of that process).

Israel, while having caused significant civilian casualties, have not demonstrated, by actual words or through their actions, an actual intent to destroy the Palestinian people. Are there Israeli's who probably want to do just that? Hells yes, but that doesn't make it genocide unless there is a formal attempt to achieve just that.

That’s like a rancher who has a coyote problem inviting them inside the wire.
Or a fox in a henhouse. Or rabid murderous terrorists in your backyard.

Nice try.
Why should the Palestinians leave their land in the first place? They are indigenous to it (and note the difference between indigenous and ancestral).
Israel (and Britain historically) created this historic injustice on the Palestinians and they shall own it. You pushing the point that Arab neighbours should take them in is irrelevant...it's still considered ethnic cleansing (a war crime that surprisingly many posters here are advocating!)

And congrats to you and other posters for using the same argument used by Hitler to justify exterminating the Jews. After the US and 30 other countries failed during the Évian conference to agree on accepting Jewish refugees fleeing the Third Reich he said:
"I can only hope and expect that the other world, which has such deep sympathy for them (Jews), will at least be generous enough to convert this sympathy into practical aid. We, on our part, are ready to put all them at the disposal of these countries, for all I care, even on luxury ships"

Reference:

That's the level of Palestinian dehumanization that I'm seeing in this thread (reminiscent of Nazi propaganda).

Reminder that while that was happening to the Jews of Europe, Jews in the Arab world were ministers in governments in Iraq and Morocco.
The Palestinian cause was never anti-Jewish, it's simply anti-occupation regardless of its ethnicity or religion. Once again we the Palestinians are paying price of Europe’s guilty Christian conscience for prosecuting the Jews for centuries.

Reminder that while that was happening to the Jews of Europe, Jews in the Arab world were ministers in governments in Iraq and Morocco.
The Palestinian cause was never anti-Jewish, it's simply anti-occupation regardless of its ethnicity or religion. Once again we the Palestinians are paying price of Europe’s guilty Christian conscience for prosecuting the Jews for centuries.
That price was paid in 1948 or so.

Everything since then is a price paid because some people wanted, and some want, to extinguish the colonization/occupation.

Opening hostilities by behaving like medieval men-at-arms on a chevauchee will turn out to have been one of the worst in a long history of ill-fated ventures.

Nice try.
Why should the Palestinians leave their land in the first place? They are indigenous to it (and note the difference between indigenous and ancestral).
Israel (and Britain historically) created this historic injustice on the Palestinians and they shall own it. You pushing the point that Arab neighbours should take them in is irrelevant...it's still considered ethnic cleansing (a war crime that surprisingly many posters here are advocating!)

And congrats to you and other posters for using the same argument used by Hitler to justify exterminating the Jews. After the US and 30 other countries failed during the Évian conference to agree on accepting Jewish refugees fleeing the Third Reich he said:
"I can only hope and expect that the other world, which has such deep sympathy for them (Jews), will at least be generous enough to convert this sympathy into practical aid. We, on our part, are ready to put all them at the disposal of these countries, for all I care, even on luxury ships"

Reference:

That's the level of Palestinian dehumanization that I'm seeing in this thread (reminiscent of Nazi propaganda).

Stay frosty, Habibi!

…and always roll your sleeves…

Jews in the Arab world were ministers in governments in Iraq and Morocco.

How many Jews are in those countries now? Two years ago, there were 3 (yes, three) in Iraq. Persecution of the Jews isn't exclusively a Christian phenomenon.

The Palestinian cause was never anti-Jewish,

This is a bald-faced lie. Since October, I have seen countless examples of blatant, uninhibited anti-Semitism from the "Palestinian cause." Here is just one of them - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/otta...nts,peaceful protest and hateful intimidation.

Once again we the Palestinians are paying price of Europe’s guilty Christian conscience for prosecuting the Jews for centuries.

Is that the only reason they are paying a price? Could the incredibly brutal and completely self-defeating events of October have anything to do with it?

ethnic cleansing is a solution though and maybe even successful. I dont see any sign of it happening. The Gazan and WB Palestinians are still in place. Eventually this campaign by Israel will end and billions in aid money will pour into Gaza to rebuild it and the cycle will continue.

With good reason if the clips of tunnel entrances in UNWRA buildings are to be believed (and they are). Not to mention the reports of UN staff members being a part of HAMAS. Would make as much sense as having Belarus superintend a cease fire between Russia and Ukraine.
Yep. UN throughout the ME was/has been/is suspect, get the whole thing out and rebuild using local (arabic/Moslem) folks. Might be workable as would eliminate euro influence.

The Gazan and WB Palestinians are still in place. Eventually this campaign by Israel will end and billions in aid money will pour into Gaza to rebuild it and the cycle will continue.
Maybe, maybe not. Gazan's could make the same clear eyed choice that German's did post WW2, collectively reject Hamas and it's ethos mind and soul and rebuild into the international community. The strip doesn't represent near the same Gordian Knot as the West Bank. Even with the Israeli border closed for all time, a self-determining civil society not electing and cheering on genocidal terrorists wouldn't have to be faced with a closed border with Egypt. Without the self evident threat to Israel the international community wouldn't stand for the Naval blockade- the Seaport plan could be enacted. Maybe they will make that choice, it's not without precedent. Maybe I will win the lottery.

The chances of gaza becoming a peaceful, economically driven and tourist rich area in the near future (our generation) is next to zero.

And now the government is going to allow 5,000 vice 1,000 "Temporary resident pathway for Palestinian extended family in Gaza".

Good for them, I actually support the right of return for all people around the world.
(These are Israelis with German parents or grandparents are German):

The German news source:

Meanwhile, the indigenous Palestinians (commendable attachment to their land):

When Saddam fell, the Iraqi's lashed out at the palestinians who had been given preferential treatment by Saddam and I suspect were more loyal to him.

If I was Assad, I would offer land and citizenship to Palestinians that swear loyalty to him. He is short of manpower and needs to populate important areas with loyal people.

Back