• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

20 meter Beep Test -Merged

uniqnik said:
Is it necessary to pass this test to be accepted into the cf.  I am very physically fit strength wise, but I just recently began running again. I can do 2.4 km in 13:20 and i'm 24 years old.  Will this affect my chances of being acepted into the army?

For the Reg F, if you cannot do it, you will not pass BMQ.

Just so I know for training purposes what is the time to beat for the 2.4 km run to pass bmq

A few threads on the forum refer to the 5 in 25. That is 5kms in 25 minutes. If you can do that, you should have no problem.

uniqnik said:
Just so I know for training purposes what is the time to beat for the 2.4 km run to pass bmq

I don't think there is a timed 2.4 km run for the PT test.

It's been a while since i did one, it's; run, wait for beep, run, wait for beep etc. etc. correct?

KRach said:
It's been a while since i did one, it's; run, wait for beep, run, wait for beep etc. etc. correct?

9 pages...completely wasted.........

Alright guys, I just did my Express Test in November and the worst part for me was the Hang Grip, I just managed 75 with both hands combined.  My grip is decent, but it could be better, I also have smaller hands (like girl size) so naturally it's harder for me to get a good grip.  I'm hoping someone could offer some exercises that would help improve my grip.  Any help is appreciated.

cypres78 said:
You can adjust the hand grip scale to fit your hand. they should have showed you that prior to the test.

Towel pullups are awsome.

Haha, I know I can adjust the Dynanometer, thanks for the heads up though  ;).

Towel pull ups eh?  I think I'll try it. 

Keep the ideas coming people, would be nice to get exempt without the need of over 100 combined push ups and sit ups  :p.

Perhaps a Duh question but I'll go for it anyway.

Does anyone know what "1" shuttle is? - is it one length or is it one trip back and forth? Also, does anyone know what the number of times back and forth you have to do for each level?
I tend to psych myself out with the pacing on the the test which completely screws me up. I am already really pathetic at the Shuttle so it doesn't help.

Thanks! :piper:

ninjapixie said:
Perhaps a Duh question but I'll go for it anyway.

Does anyone know what "1" shuttle is? - is it one length or is it one trip back and forth? Also, does anyone know what the number of times back and forth you have to do for each level?
I tend to psych myself out with the pacing on the the test which completely screws me up. I am already really pathetic at the Shuttle so it doesn't help.

Thanks! :piper:

Please read this entire thread. It's all there and also in several other threads.

I know the topic is old, but for increasing your beep test you fast you must consider Tabata training.

20 secs sprint 10 secs jog X 8 times.

There is a free App for IPhone and IPod Touch.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tabata-timer/id391275156?mt=8

Good luck!

I'm having difficulty finding it with the search function.  Could someone please direct me to a list of what various ages are required to reach in order to both pass the 20MSR and in order to get exempt?  Ie what does a 33 year old male require to pass and what must he reach for exempt?

ObedientiaZelum said:
  Ie what does a 33 year old male require to pass and what must he reach for exempt?

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/psp/Fitness/doclib/CF%20EXPRES%20Ops%20Manua%20-%204th%20Edition%20%20-%202010.pdf

http://www.cg.cfpsa.ca/cg-pc/Comox/EN/FitnessandSports/MilitaryFitness/Pages/CFExpres.aspx

Minimum Physical Fitness Standards
Male, 34 and under

20 MSR Stage 6
Grip 75 (Total)
Push ups 19
Sit ups 19

Male, 35 and over

20 MSR Stage 5
Grip 73 (Total)
Push ups 14
Sit ups 17

Female, 34 and under

20 MSR Stage 4
Grip 50 (Total)
Push ups 9
Sit ups 15

Female, 35 and over

20 MSR Stage 3
Grip 48 (Total)
Push ups 7
Sit ups 12

INCENTIVE EXEMPT STANDARD (applies only to 20 MSR)

17 - 19 men 10 women 6
20 - 29 men 10.5 women 5.5
30 - 39 men 8 women 5
40 - 49 men 7 women 4
50 - 59 men 5.5 women 3.5

Male (read in 3 columns: age/20 MSR/MSE)

17 - 19 / Stage 10 / 169
20 - 29 / Stage 10.5 / 174
30 - 39 / Stage 8 / 162
40 - 49 / Stage 7 / 149
50 - 59 / Stage 5.5 / 132

Female
17 - 19 / Stage 6 / 112
20 - 29 / Stage 5.5 / 107
30 - 39 / Stage 5 / 99
40 - 49 / Stage 4 / 90
50 - 59 / Stage 3.5 / 75

How Incentive Exempt Works:

- First you must achieve the aerobic incentive level.
- Then grip + push ups + sit ups = mse
- All minimums must be met.
- Once all components are met the member will be exempt for the next fiscal year.

MINIMUM Fitness Standards

In other news, Google confirmed today that it is still free and functioning normaly.

Back