• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

20 meter Beep Test -Merged

meh

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi:

I've got a beep test coming up at the end of January where I need to get a minimum of level 9.5 -- I was recently injured and recovery was a bit of a problem, but a couple months later I'm doing fine, the only thing is I can only run a 7-7.5 or so.. I've been told that getting a 9.5 is relatively easy, even if I can only get a 7.5 now -- that I can easily improve 2 levels in 3 weeks.

My only problem is, aside from the obvious of "run more", I have no clue what to do in order to improve my beep test score.. everything else for the fitness test is perfectly fine for me, it's this run that's causing me to panic.

If someone could give me a hand on this one, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

9.5 is the level, not the speed...

what is the 7-7.5 you speak?

I mean that I need to be able to get level 9.5, and I can only get level 7 or 7.5 right now. I have to improve pretty quickly, and I'd appreciate any advice people could offer.

run back and forth on a 20-meter course, starting at a speed of 8.5kmh. The running speed is increased by 0.5kmh-1 every minute

Level 9 would be 12.5Kmh

Try a mock shuttle on the treadmill starting at 8.5 and increase your speed every minute by .5Kmh.  Once your going at a good clip it may be helpful to have a someone assistance with the speed increments.

Interval training is your friend.  There are several ways to do it.

If you like to run outside, try this - Ladder Intervals

1)  1st mile is for warm up
2)  Then, at 1 mile mark - Sprint 30 sec, slow 30 sec, sprint 45 sec, slow 45 sec, sprint 1 min, slow 2 min, sprint 1 min, slow 1 min, sprint 45, slow 45, sprint 30, slow 30.
3)  By now, you'll be around mile 3 - if you wanna do that series again, go for it.
4)  Last mile, cool down.

On the treadmill, its all about inclines, not speed

1)  Take what you normally run at a med-hard pace, in pace, for example, 7 minute mile.  Add 1:30 to that pace, say 8:30 per mile.
2)  You'll run this speed the whole time.
3)  For the first mile 1% incline
4)  For the second mile 2% incline
5)  At mile 2, increase to 5%
6)  Mile 2.5, back to 2%
7)  Mile 3, increase to 8%
8)  Mile 3.5, back to 2%
9)  Mile 4, increase to 5%
10) Mile 4.5 back to 2% until 5 miles - then warm down.

These types of intervals are wicked for increasing your running speed and endurance.

If anyone has the beep test on an mp3 format that would be cool.

It's available on the net.  Google for bleep test and look around.

-- Quote --
If anyone has the beep test on an mp3 format that would be cool.
-- Quote --

I don't know how close this is to the CF Beep Test, but it is still useful.
http://www.defence.gov.au/army/1_19RNSWR/1_19_Fitness/b-test.mp3

i just did the beep test today i did it to get on the plq well for mod 6,A pass is level 6, and i think 10 is exempt
well depends on age and sex but u get the point
:salute: :cdn:
:soldier:

armyboytncoy said:
i just did the beep test today i did it to get on the plq well for mod 6,A pass is level 6, and i think 10 is exempt
well depends on age and sex but u get the point
:salute: :cdn:
:soldier:

Well to start with, Zach, wtf? 2km in 15minutes....thats like a 45 minute 5km.....................i hope you can run faster then that........

Regarding the Beep test, shuttle run, whatever you call it that is a part of your Express test.

For a male under either 45 or 50(not for sure), 6 is a pass, 10.5 allows exemption. Exemption can only be achieved by getting an above average mark on ALL the events, hand grip, push-up, sit-up, and anything else I have forgotten, its has been a while since I did my express test, almost two years, thats the fun thing about getting your exemption.....

CFAO 50-1 ANNEX B APPENDIX 1, PHYSICAL FITNESS STANDARDS - CF MINIMUM
CFAO 50-1 ANNEX B APPENDIX 1 PHYSICAL FITNESS STANDARDS/ - CF MINIMUM

NORMES MINIMALES DE BONNE CONDITION PHYSIQUE DES FC OAFC 50-1 ANNEXE B APPENDICE 1

MALE/HOMME                FEMALE/FEMME
                                                            34 YEARS  35 YEARS      34 YEARS  35YEARS
                                                              AND UNDER/ AND OVER/      AND UNDER/ AND OVER/
CF EXPRES EVALUATION SCORES/              34 ANS ET  35 ANS ET      34 ANS ET  35 ANS ET
RÉSULTATS DE L'ÉVALUATION EXPRES FC   MOINS      PLUS          MOINS      PLUS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V02 MAX                                                      39        35            32        30
HANDGRIP/PRÉHENSION DE LA MAIN                75        73            50        48
SIT-UPS/REDRESSEMENTS ASSIS                  19        17            15        12
PUSH-UPS/EXTENSIONS DES BRAS                  19        14            9          7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issued 1994-09-09
Publié le 1994-09-09

Ch 19/94  B1-1  Mod. 19/94

What you see when it sais "Muscular Strength", is the combined scores of your sit-ups, push-ups, and hand grip test. So If I got 100 on my hand grip test, I would need a total of 74 between my push-ups and sit-ups..

CFAO0297.GIF

I'm 48 years old. I did an Expres just before Christmas. I haven't done one for a few years, as we usually did the BFT in 38 CBG. I passed, but just missed the exemption because I didn't do the beep run fast enough: everything else was pretty easy. Frustrating, but now I have a goal to work on. The PSA guy said that the best way to train is as short final posted: running shorter overall distance, but increasing speeds. I was running 8-9km on my run days (interspersed with my gym days) but I wasn't building the speed the beep test requires.

Cheers

to foerestedwarrior, today i ran 2.4km in 10 min.  a little faster then 2km in 15min...

If the minimum level for a male 35-under is 6, does that change for a female ?

http://www.rmc.ca/athletics/pe/EXPRES/standards_e.html
This website shows the express standards and the second chart shows the exception levels. 
Hey PBI, look at the bright side, if you and I stay around a couple of more years we won't have to get faster and we will still get an exemption....  ;D
cheers
Sandbag

Sandbag said:
http://www.rmc.ca/athletics/pe/EXPRES/standards_e.html
This website shows the express standards and the second chart shows the exception levels. 
Hey PBI, look at the bright side, if you and I stay around a couple of more years we won't have to get faster and we will still get an exemption....  ;D
cheers
Sandbag

While funny, thats a bad train of thought.....still funny though.

Just looking for the beep test for 20 meter.All I seem to find is either the 15m beep test or places to pay for the 20m.I have the wav file for realplayer but am Looking for the MP3 format.Just so I can throw it on my IPOD and use.I have been using the 15m wondering why it was so darn fast.

Thanks in advance.

Note:This could be something to add to the site to also help new recruits pratice.Of course its just a suggestion,Mike?Mods?

MP3`s here - http://www.defence.gov.au/ARMY/artc/fitness.html#richmedia

Back