• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

20 meter Beep Test -Merged

Need one I can save and put on IPOD.That one for some reason will not save.

Cool,It was coming up as save target.Figued it was just saving a link to.

That test seemed a little off to me.Something I wanted to bring up was my visit to the base gym today.I went and stopped by sports stores to see if they had a copy of the beep test on CD.They told me to go talk to the instructors which I did.When I told them what I was looking for one stepped forward (never seen her before actually) and said they can't give out the beep test to army personell.When I looked at her kind of funny she told me "it test top vo2 max and could be dangerous for soldiers to do alone"!And that "they would be held responsible if something happened.

Does anyone know where I can get the Canadian copy?Although the Aussie one is good it seems a little off to me.Plus how the heck can PSP keep us from a tool to persue higher levels of fitness?They were all talking up the gossip storm when I arrived. Is this a case of laziness to find it or can someone explain why a member can have a ruck sack at home to use as he likes (BFT), while a member cannot obtain a piece of testing equipment pertaining to his career to better himself.

Thanks.

p.s I suggest everyone who has 5 minutes tomorrow drop by your gyms just to see.They are there to support us last time I checked.

I have a copy that cadets use, but it is on a CD. I am not too tech savvy so if someone can tell me how to upload it or something I could give it to you.

I think the only difference is the Cdn one goes by half levels where as the Aussie one goes by 10ths.

This one might be better.  There was no mention of the distance on the site I found it on, but when you listen to it, about 1:30 in it says that it's for 20m.

http://www.uswebfoundry.com/robanna/bleeptest/BleepTest.mp3

Hope that helps.

The Aussie and Canadian ones are slightly different in Cadence and levels. The most common one in Canada is the Leger 20 M shuttle run from University of Montreal faculty of Kinesiology.  They have a web site that sells the test and all its protocols (e.g. standards and the proper way to administer the test ) but it seems to be down. There is a tight control on the copyright. I am sure if you call them they can help you or PM and I may be able to point you in the right direction. 

spartan308 said:
The Aussie and Canadian ones are slightly different in Cadence and levels. The most common one in Canada is the Leger 20 M shuttle run from University of Montreal faculty of Kinesiology.  They have a web site that sells the test and all its protocols (e.g. standards and the proper way to administer the test ) but it seems to be down. There is a tight control on the copyright. I am sure if you call them they can help you or PM and I may be able to point you in the right direction. 

Good I thought I was losing it!I noticed at level 10.5 on the Aussie version I was sucking wind while at 12.5 a few months ago on the Canadian was still fairly good to go.As for buying it I can't see myself wasting the money.If cadet corps can be given this test why not regular force soldiers?Personally I think the mp3 should be placed on the PSP website,set our troops up for success.

I have never heard the Canadian Army one, but if it is anything like the one the police use for the ATS, I have a copy of that.  The file is over 10 meg but if anybody wants it, PM me and I'll fire it off to your email. 
FYI, it isn't that hard.  If you can drive your body for about 7 or 8 minutes you will pass.  Because of all the starting and stopping, it seems worse than it is.  Your brain will quit before your body needs to.  Unless you are in poor shape, at which point all facets of life suck.  I take no responsibility for anybody gassing themselves out and going t*ts up.
PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE UNDERTAKING ANY NEW FITNESS REGIMEN
Try it once for your own confidence, then go back to distance running for fitness. 
And have fun!

A trick

have a pal with a water bottle at each end - youèll need it at about 70% of your run.

Another thing I was told today is that the PERI staff (or whatever they are called now) check your heart rate at the end.  So even if you get to the level that you need to, you can fail if your heart rate is too high. 
I would strongly suggest that anyone doing the test not drink coffee or use any thermogenic type supplements on the day of.  Get some good deep breathing techniques down too, so you can drop your heart rate quickly. 

What ever happened to just putting on your crap and going for a big walk/run?  ???

it would be really nice to get a copy of the Cdn one...

MedTech said:
it would be really nice to get a copy of the Cdn one...

If you PM me with your email address I can send you the Ontario Police one.  As far as I know they are the same.  However, you will need to respond to this reply in the next 20 minutes, as I am leaving for Mexico with my family for one week.  You will certainly get it after that.  :salute:

zipperhead_cop said:
Another thing I was told today is that the PERI staff (or whatever they are called now) check your heart rate at the end.  So even if you get to the level that you need to, you can fail if your heart rate is too high. 
I would strongly suggest that anyone doing the test not drink coffee or use any thermogenic type supplements on the day of.  Get some good deep breathing techniques down too, so you can drop your heart rate quickly. 

What ever happened to just putting on your crap and going for a big walk/run?   ???

Not true from what I seen.They take it at the beginning along with your blood pressure.A couple of months ago anyway.There was no heart rate check at the end.However I believe during the step test they check it at the end.

099* said:
Not true from what I seen.They take it at the beginning along with your blood pressure.A couple of months ago anyway.There was no heart rate check at the end.However I believe during the step test they check it at the end.

Entirely possible.  I haven't done it yet.

Anyone interested, I have a copy of the CF express test 20 MSR , MP3, WMA and Itunes.  I also have a copy of a treadmill workout that helps you train for it.  It works great.  Myself I practice the 20MSR at least once a month.  If your interested contact me on my e-mail and I will send it off to you.

Also, when you hyperventilate before a sprint, your body takes advantage of it's carbonic acid-bicarbonate buffer system in the blood.
This'll increase the pH of the blood slightly, which allows better control of the short-term build up af lactic acid during.
Since sprinting is a cellular process, you'll do your best if your system can create a neutral environment for it's sensitive little cells.

I just jog around my block  twice for a nice 3.6km, on Fridays I sprint the distance of 1 light pole then jog the second then sprint....., it works for me, although I have seen people do no PT all year long, show up,  do the min and look like they are ready to have a heart attack.

Back