• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

20 meter Beep Test -Merged

Bane said:
You go up a stage roughly every30 seconds, so for example stage 7 is at about 3.5 min, stage 10 at about 5 min. give or take a bit. 
You go up half a stage every 30 seconds, one stage every minute.  So stage 7 is at the seven minute point.  You start at 8.5 km/h and each stage is .5 km hour faster.  There are half stages but there is no increase in speed at this point.

mml said:
oh ok cool.  so when  people say that  females need to make a 6  .. they mean to that 6th stage?  i get ya

As per this :

http://www.rmc.ca/athletics/pe/EXPRES/standards_e.html

Women under 35 years of age need level 4 in order to pass the 20 MSR

I just passed my medical and interview for reg infantry and am waiting for some paper work, but other then that I am pretty sure I have a job. I was just wondering what I should concentrate on physically before I go to boot camp. Do I need to start practicing the beep test or just concentrate on running 5km and doing push ups, sit ups and chin ups. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Paul

P.S, for the beep test what stage does a male under 35 have to make it to

4400 said:
P.S, for the beep test what stage does a male under 35 have to make it to

See the post immediately above yours...ffs dont ask for recce platoon when you get to your battalion...

Concentrate on all of the above.  Running (sprint and distance), sit-ups, pushups, chinups.

Be Aware
Make sure when it comes to certain areas they explain everything in minute detail.
Esp Pushups, the PSP Standard is different from the AFM standard
somehow the standard isn't really that.

I know this was answered last year but all links provided have died.  I have the AU version but the timing is wrong.

Thanks in advance

Mod edit to correct thread title

Thanks.  I went through all posts again and confirmed all the links for the Cdn version are dead.  The British version doesn't go through the stages the same way as the Cdn.

The last time it was posted, I made sure to save it to my computer knowing that the links were good for dying.  Unfortunately, it's too big to attach here, unless someone can tell me another way, or a program I can put it into to be able to post the link?  If nobody is able to help, c2nwt PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

airmich said:
The last time it was posted, I made sure to save it to my computer knowing that the links were good for dying.  Unfortunately, it's too big to attach here, unless someone can tell me another way, or a program I can put it into to be able to post the link?  If nobody is able to help, c2nwt PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

http://www.megaupload.com/

This site allows you to upload files that others can then download. Sign up then provide a link to the file.

Not sure if this worked or not, but I tried out what J5 suggested.  Here is a link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YBBD9VJV  I haven't had a chance yet to try it out, so bear with me please, and if someone can let me know yay or nay.

Worked for me ;D
Now I just have to find my mp3 player and figure out how to measure 20m.  I was thinking of doing it at a tennis court anyone know how long a court is?

*EDIT* just looked it up 23.77m perfect! well almost.

Johnnyfive said:
Worked for me ;D
Now I just have to find my mp3 player and figure out how to measure 20m.  I was thinking of doing it at a tennis court anyone know how long a court is?

*EDIT* just looked it up 23.77m perfect! well almost.

Interesting, I just looked it up too, and it said the length was 120 feet which is 32m.

*edit: and another site says 78ft which gives you the metre length that you said.  I say just bring a long tape measure with you, it will probably be easier!

http://rapidshare.com/files/50674755/A_Full_beep_test.wma

I also have the Beep test available on the above rapidshare link for those that are interested.

dileas

tess

c2nwt said:
Thanks.  I went through all posts again and confirmed all the links for the Cdn version are dead.  The British version doesn't go through the stages the same way as the Cdn.

Well, I did say "try"  ;D

Glad ya got it though.

Thank you airmich, the link worked quite well!  All that's left for to do is sorting out the length of the track nearby to figure how much of it I should be running.

The links that previously held this test seem to be broken, or the file is no longer there. does anyone else have one they can pass around?

Back