• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2013 FY DEO Pilot Selection

Does anyone know how often "Aircrew Selection" for pilots is conducted in Trenton or the next possible aircrew selection date? It is conducted throughout the year or just in certain time of the year only?

s2184 said:
Does anyone know how often "Aircrew Selection" for pilots is conducted in Trenton or the next possible aircrew selection date? It is conducted throughout the year or just in certain time of the year only?

Weekly.....

Thank you very much DAA for your information. I did my medical end of August and just wondering when I will be there in Trenton for the Aircrew Selection.

Did you interview yet?  For me, I was asked at the interview stage to give three possible weeks I could be available.  Then, with about two weeks notice, I was notified of the week I was going.

You could be on a Monday/Tuesday course in Trenton with Wednesday in Toronto for the medical.  Or a Wednesday/Thursday in Trenton and Friday in Toronto.

s2184 said:
Thank you very much DAA for your information. I did my medical end of August and just wondering when I will be there in Trenton for the Aircrew Selection.

You might want to ask that question to your CFRC.  If you completed the Med in Aug, you should have been loaded on ASC by now.

Does anyone know when the upcoming selection dates are? I passed ACS in early October but it looks like ill be too late for the Nov 4 selection date they mentioned during the testing

GToth199 said:
Does anyone know when the upcoming selection dates are? I passed ACS in early October but it looks like ill be too late for the Nov 4 selection date they mentioned during the testing

Rescheduled to 12 Nov 13.

But I think that Aircrew Medicals and assignment of the Air Factor is for some reason taking on average two months to be processed.

DAA said:
Rescheduled to 12 Nov 13.

But I think that Aircrew Medicals and assignment of the Air Factor is for some reason taking on average two months to be processed.

It sounded like my stuff has been processed as of today when I talked to the recruiting centre. They just mentioned I'd need to sign some papers and then I'd be on the merit list if that makes sense. Thanks for the info on the selection date at least I have some hope of making it in this round

Thanks DAA, 26point2, I am thinking of visiting the recruiting centre if I don't hear from them in the next two weeks.

BMOQ 04 JAN 14 -- seemed like forever, but at least now we know calls are going out.

26point2 said:
BMOQ 04 JAN 14 -- seemed like forever, but at least now we know calls are going out.

Wow, don't think I have ever seen calls go out that quickly before!    Congrats and good luck at BMOQ!

Out of the group I attended ASC with, five of us were merit listed.  As of today, all five of us have received offers and are attending BMOQ 04 JAN 14!

DAA said:
Wow, don't think I have ever seen calls go out that quickly before!    Congrats and good luck at BMOQ!

Thanks very much!  Yes, I was expecting to hear next week at the earliest!

Ah now I'm getting anxious. I was merit listed but I haven't been called yet. Is the the selection still ongoing?

I believe the DEO selection for 2013 FY is completed. Based on previous years, next selection will take place end of February for 2014 FY.

If anyone has information on the dates of the next selection, how many DEO positions will be offered, what date BMOQ will start etc, feel free to share. Good luck to all!

Mab163 said:
I believe the DEO selection for 2013 FY is completed. Based on previous years, next selection will take place end of February for 2014 FY.

If anyone has information on the dates of the next selection, how many DEO positions will be offered, what date BMOQ will start etc, feel free to share. Good luck to all!

I don't think this is true...as long as positions are open(Which they still are to my knowledge) and there are qualified applicants they can select people up until two days before a BMOQ start date.

RectorCR said:
I don't think this is true...as long as positions are open(Which they still are to my knowledge) and there are qualified applicants they can select people up until two days before a BMOQ start date.

If this is true, I'm glad to hear that! It gives me more time to be on the merit list for BMOQ in April/May.

Good luck Mab163!  I hope you get a call to attend ASC for early to mid January.  To get Air Factor takes at least a month it seems, so pretty tight to get merit listed in time for the end of February.  Fingers crossed for ya.

Back